Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weather not an issue for Denver-SD

oldunclemark

Sunday in Denver..... High of 50, partly cloudy...10% chance of rain

10-15 MPH wind...

So good, it might even help San Diego :thmsup:

San Diego is built to win in the cold and rain..look at last week...the weather will probably be similar to that and they have a running game and defense to win in the elements...funny but true.

Sunday in Denver..... High of 50, partly cloudy...10% chance of rain

10-15 MPH wind...

So good, it might even help San Diego :thmsup:

wont be around this week, wish could, weather changes daily, alot depends on where u look

some sites show its colder Sunday afternoon than Sat night when u add in wind chill as not much wind at all Sat night and in  the high  30's aat low point of night so near 40 approximately if played Sat at games end probably &  worst  site below say winds on Sunday can reach 20-30 MPH

Hope the bad ones are wrong but the Temp has been staedy on Sat &  I know on Sundaay  has been droping  slowly each day when  i had time to look , according to most sites on sunday has worse day for winds of any , also 1 sites that show wind directiuons Sunday is only daay   that has winds chsnging direction constantly thoughout afternnon, siwrling in different patterns

Justr hope picking Sundaay doesnt turn out to be a mistake weather wise

OBVIOUSLY once get hourly readings will get better Idea of game time

]

this is worst prediction I have seen 

Sunday

partlycloudy.gif Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 41F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/CO/Denver.html

wont be around this week, wish could, weather changes daily, alot depends on where u look

some sites show its colder Sunday afternoon than Sat night when u add in wind chill as not much wind at all Sat night and in  the high  30's aat low point of night so near 40 approximately if played Sat at games end probably &  worst  site below say winds on Sunday can reach 20-30 MPH

Hope the bad ones are wrong but the Temp has been staedy on Sat &  I know on Sundaay  has been droping  slowly each day when  i had time to look , according to most sites on sunday has worse day for winds of any , also 1 sites that show wind directiuons Sunday is only daay   that has winds chsnging direction constantly thoughout afternnon, siwrling in different patterns

Justr hope picking Sundaay doesnt turn out to be a mistake weather wise

OBVIOUSLY once get hourly readings will get better Idea of game time

]

this is worst prediction I have seen 

Sunday

partlycloudy.gif Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 41F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.

That wind would give Peyton more problems than the cold imo. He doesn't throw a tight spiral...he is more of a quick release get it to where it needs on time...not pretty tight throws. The wind holds his ball up more. I really don't see the weather being an issue in that game. That SD pass rush to me will be the issue. Got to Peyton last game and looked real good against Cincy. Especially blitzing and then droping zone coverage baiting into INTS. If SD runs the ball well and gets those short 3rd down throws they can put pressure on that offense to press. That is what happened last time. To me SD is almost like a clone of NE. Both want to run and dink and dunk...and get after the qb and while their secondaries aren't elite...the pressure plus they apply and schemes coach uses plus the pressure the offense puts on the opposing team to score...causes turnovers. I think NE/SD would make one heck of a matchup....but of course I want INDY/DEN....that way at least I will have someone to root for in the SB.

That wind would give Peyton more problems than the cold imo. He doesn't throw a tight spiral...he is more of a quick release get it to where it needs on time...not pretty tight throws. The wind holds his ball up more. I really don't see the weather being an issue in that game. That SD pass rush to me will be the issue. Got to Peyton last game and looked real good against Cincy. Especially blitzing and then droping zone coverage baiting into INTS. If SD runs the ball well and gets those short 3rd down throws they can put pressure on that offense to press. That is what happened last time. To me SD is almost like a clone of NE. Both want to run and dink and dunk...and get after the qb and while their secondaries aren't elite...the pressure plus they apply and schemes coach uses plus the pressure the offense puts on the opposing team to score...causes turnovers. I think NE/SD would make one heck of a matchup....but of course I want INDY/DEN....that way at least I will have someone to root for in the SB.

agree iRe wind as main weather issue, must cut this short , out the door

read the below  as to why may not be here nor watch games and some thoughts

comments 29 & 32

http://forums.colts.com/topic/25341-san-diego-10-denver-1-12-14-afc-playoff/#entry706524

Both Saturday games will have rain.

The Seahawks-Saints game, it has about 90% chance of rain with temps in high 40s and Patriots-Colts game, it has about 60% chance of rain with temps in 40s.

Both Sunday games, it is going to be sunny and/or cloudy

Panthers-49ers game, a balmy high 50s, and the Broncos-Chargers game, a decent low 40s starting temp but with little chance of rain.

Its not impossible...hope they don't have a Monster truck rally booked

mark Weather keeps worsening on Sunday, few sites less than 40 degree highs now, this has beebn a dauily decline in tem,p and still worse weekend winds that are swirling and its the winds that matter more than temp

as weather worsens sunday as seen again this am, and stable Sat night with less winds , hoping that extra day rest doesnt help the players noted in Chargers injury report  

Sat may have just been better, not that extreme cold and  less winds, sep not the swirling Wed winds
some sites noe have denver less than 40 degrees , this site has been going down 1 or 2 degrtees daily yet Sat night at lowest point 33 or 32 and less winds

worse weather I have seen

Sunday

partlycloudy.gif

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 39F. --  Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.

http://www.wunderground.com/forecasts/DEN.html

check out another site, Sat evening Vs Sub=nady afternoon

Sat Evening 

Mostly cloudy42° Lo 36°   RealFeel® 35° / 29°

• WINDS 8 MPH
  • Precipitation: 9%
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Humidity: 41%
  • Cloud Cover: 82%
  • Dew Point: 18° F
  • Visibility: 10 mile

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/evening-weather-forecast/347810?day=3

Sundaay afternnon , this is warmest i have seen Sunday

Colder48° Lo 38°  RealFeel® 38° / 29°

• WINDS = 13 MPH
  • Precipitation: 9%
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Humidity: 23%
  • Cloud Cover: 76%
  • Dew Point: 8° F
  • Visibility: 10 mile

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/afternoon-weather-forecast/347810?day=4

I'm seeing the decline 'B'

....51 Saturday but Sunday game day) wont be the best day of the week....I'm seeing a high of 42 and 10-15 winds...

OK.....in the daylight above freezing.......shouldn't affect the game unless it gets worse

..and the weather's probably good news for SD......they cant practice in cold weather if they wanted to

....51 Saturday but Sunday game day) wont be the best day of the week....I'm seeing a high of 42 and 10-15 winds...

OK.....in the daylight above freezing.......shouldn't affect the game unless it gets worse

..and the weather's probably good news for SD......they cant practice in cold weather if they wanted to

Of course the weather Sunday will be worse then Sat as Denver opted out of the Sat game. ;)

M

I worry more about the winds than temp unless temp really drops

also just hate idea of giving their injured  key starting players more rest 

most  sights i  saw had winds at least 15 and swirling , 1 site actually showed wind direction changing throughout the afternoon with these arrow direction pointers changing and speeds changing

Be here sparingly in & out as help mom eat, but she is main importance & I am only one that can insist to take a bite, very stressfull

San Diego is built to win in the cold and rain..look at last week...the weather will probably be similar to that and they have a running game and defense to win in the elements...funny but true.

But SD cant practice in cold weather...Denver practice sin the cold a lot.

Come on...SD isn't built to play in cold weather..they played Cincy last week....

They're not playing Cincinatti this week...

....There's a reason SD almost lost to KC's backups

But SD cant practice in cold weather...Denver practice sin the cold a lot.

Come on...SD isn't built to play in cold weather..they played Cincy last week....

They're not playing Cincinatti this week...

....There's a reason SD almost lost to KC's backups

Ummm.... this is illogical and incorrect...  Cincy was cold and rainy last week and the team practiced outside in Cincy in the snow on Saturday.  Last time we played Denver on Thursday night it was below 40 if I recall.  KC at KC was cold weather.

SD played KC at SD in the last game.  We almost lost because all season long we played terrible against lower competition and well against the best.  See Oakland Raiders game.

Rivers has won 3 or 4 games THIS YEAR below 40 degrees and is like 9-2 career in the cold (going off memory as I couldn't find the stats).

Rivers plays even better in gloves than without them and plays in them routinely throughout the year as well as practicing in them.

San Diego offense doesn't live or die on the long bomb any more so wind and rain is less of an issue.

Well Saturday night in Denver is going to be 37 and Sunday afternoon is going to be 43 and that last I knew 43 was warmer than 37. :)

That's too logical, it doesn't work that way :)

according to the hourly temps on weather channel, Saturday game time  would be 45-43 at worse throughout game and much less winds thaan sunday, As of right now it doesnt have sunday hourly,iit will have that  later today as time prgresses

So it could be possibly warmer  but defdinitly less wind sat night than Sunday afternoon

I am comparing it to other  sites that all seem to agree

6 pm
26.png45° WIND: SSW at 11 mph

Cloudy

FEELS LIKE: 39°   HUMIDITY: 49%   PRECIP: 0%   WIND: SSW at 11 mph
7 pm
26.png44°SSW at 12 mph WIND:  

Cloudy

FEELS LIKE: 38°   HUMIDITY: 51%   PRECIP: 0%   WIND: SSW at 12 mph
8 pm
26.png43°SSW at 12 mph

Cloudy

9 pm      26.png 43 Cloudy WIND: SSW at 12 mph

FEELS LIKE: 37°   HUMIDITY: 53%   PRECIP: 0%   WIND: SSW at 12 mph
FEELS LIKE: 37°   HUMIDITY: 53%   PRECIP: 0%   WIND: SSW at 12 mph

LINK BELOW add an hour as day goes on to their chart

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Denver+CO+USCO0105:1:US?pagenum=3&nextbeginIndex=24

Same site as above Sunday afternoon in general

24.png42° Partly Cloudy / Windy

Wind: WNW at 20 mph                   http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail2/USCO0105      

========================================

Sunday

partlycloudy.gif Partly cloudy skies. High 38F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.

BEST Sunday afternoon i would love but sat night i would take the less wind  & note how afternnon Sunday temps drops too as afternoon goes on

SAT EVENING 

Mostly cloudy45° Lo 40° RealFeel® 39° / 33°  winds 8 MPH   

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/evening-weather-forecast/347810?day=2

==========================

SUNDAY AFTERNOON  --

Colder45° Lo 34°   RealFeel® 36° / 22°  --- winds 13 

Whatever the weather is, Peyton will light it up. It is time to put the haters to bed.

Denver will beat the Chargers.

And i would prefer Pats in the AFC just coz Peyton gets a shot again with Belichick. Having said that, I would be the happiest if Colts win.

I thought no one would be as classy as Peyton on and off the field. And here come Andrew Luck. How can you not like this guy. Extremely talented, extremely humble, extremely classy. I absolutely love him. I was wondering how my football days would be as a fan after Peyton retires but Andrew Luck answered that for another 15 years.

Whatever the weather is, Peyton will light it up. It is time to put the haters to bed.

Denver will beat the Chargers.

And i would prefer Pats in the AFC just coz Peyton gets a shot again with Belichick. Having said that, I would be the happiest if Colts win.

I thought no one would be as classy as Peyton on and off the field. And here come Andrew Luck. How can you not like this guy. Extremely talented, extremely humble, extremely classy. I absolute love him. I was wondering how my football days would be as a fan after Peyton retires but Andrew Luck answered that for another 15 years.

i kept editing in more weather sites predictions after your responce, just finsihed

have a good day  , offf to help an ill  mother now

Thanks, Take care of her my friend.

U too, leaving in about 5 minutes, just packing  stuff for her from what i bought and Dr wants her to have untill I can set up a delivery account locally, imagine drinking 4 ensure plus aa day as just 1 new requirement , and so far that has only help to maintain weight this past week, not add back  any of the 20 pounds of the sudden loss it and thats = to 1400 calories itself

U too, leaving in about 5 minutes, just packing  stuff for her from what i bought and Dr wants her to have untill I can set up a delivery account locally, imagine drinking 4 ensure plus aa day as just 1 new requirement , and so far that has only help to maintain weight this past week, not add back  any of the 20 pounds of the sudden loss it and thats = to 1400 calories itself

Yeah man, she will be fine. She got a loving son.

Ummm.... this is illogical and incorrect...  Cincy was cold and rainy last week and the team practiced outside in Cincy in the snow on Saturday.  Last time we played Denver on Thursday night it was below 40 if I recall.  KC at KC was cold weather.

SD played KC at SD in the last game.  We almost lost because all season long we played terrible against lower competition and well against the best.  See Oakland Raiders game.

Rivers has won 3 or 4 games THIS YEAR below 40 degrees and is like 9-2 career in the cold (going off memory as I couldn't find the stats).

Rivers plays even better in gloves than without them and plays in them routinely throughout the year as well as practicing in them.

San Diego offense doesn't live or die on the long bomb any more so wind and rain is less of an issue.

I agee that wind is less of an issue with SD than it used to be but SD throwS the ball down the field more than Denver does, ..

Denver with Peyton  is a short passing team

But the obvious point is: SD is is SD..where its not below 40 or 50 much of the time..

SD practices in SD....so they obviously aren't built for cold weather...and that includes receivers. SD didn't complete many passes last week and they';ll need to Sunday

SD beat Cincy in the playoffs maybe because they are the Bengals in the playoffs

Cincy hasn't won a playoff game anywhere since disco :36dancing:

You can say Denver isnt either but they play in Denver where its pretty much what it will be Sunday

With that said....  There is a lot of support for San Diego winning....based on previous years...

..and anything that didn't happen this year really doenst apply to these 2 teams.

Denver lost indoors...this year....

We all understand that ..the 40-degree temperature bar is something somebody on TV made up

With that said....  There is a lot of support for San Diego winning....based on previous years...

..and anything that didn't happen this year really doenst apply to these 2 teams.

Denver lost indoors...this year....

We all understand that ..the 40-degree temperature bar is something somebody on TV made up

sunday waether keeps getting worse yet Saturday night stays same & quitenice, wind chiull sunday  much worse as wind s increase  & wind is the issue to me

Fox fielded questions about anticipated weather conditions for Sunday's game. Forecasts have been for moderate temperatures, with possible snow flurries and wind.

"Both teams will have to deal with it," Fox said.

=============================

sat Evening 
Mostly cloudy 45 ° Lo 40° RealFeel® 39° / 33°   winds still low at 7 MPH

Sunday afrernoon 
Very windy  45 ° Lo 34° RealFeel® 31° / 18°  WINDS NOW 22 MPH 

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/afternoon-weather-forecast/347810?day=3

Said before and will again, hope the decison  to play Sunday doesnt come back to bite Denver

sorry it makes me mad if this becomes a factor, let alone giving a hurt team an extra day to rest / practice, hope I am not making more than it is but Sat night looks great in comparison 

=============================================================================

later tonight weather channel will habve game time hourly readings, t right noiw ends at 1 pm, updates by the hour 

\

34.png1 PM  44 feels like 36 , winds 18 

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Denver+CO+USCO0105:1:US?pagenum=4&nextbeginIndex=42

sunday waether keeps getting worse yet Saturday night stays same & quitenice, wind chiull sunday much worse as wind s increase & wind is the issue to me

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24886497/derek-wolfe-listed-out-broncos-playoff-game-vs-chargers

Fox fielded questions about anticipated weather conditions for Sunday's game. Forecasts have been for moderate temperatures, with possible snow flurries and wind.

"Both teams will have to deal with it," Fox said.

=============================

sat Evening

Mostly cloudy

45 °

Lo 40°

RealFeel® 39° / 33° winds still low at 7 MPH

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/evening-weather-forecast/347810?day=2

Sunday afrernoon

Very windy

45 ° Lo 34°

RealFeel® 31°

/ 18°

WINDS NOW 22 MPH

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/afternoon-weather-forecast/347810?day=3

Said before and will again, hope the decison to play Sunday doesnt come back to bite Denver

sorry it makes me mad if this becomes a factor, let alone giving a hurt team an extra day to rest / practice, hope I am not making more than it is but Sat night looks great in comparison

=============================================================================

later tonight weather channel will habve game time hourly readings, t right noiw ends at 1 pm, updates by the hour

\

34.png1 PM 44 feels like 36 , winds 18

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Denver+CO+USCO0105:1:US?pagenum=4&nextbeginIndex=42

Wind and weather can't be as bad as that NE game.

And I remember the game tying TD drive. We are good.