Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Let it roll"

cmgww

I've wondered what it means when he says it.  Perhaps that the play called in the huddle is what they're going with and he isn't going to audible?  Or he just says it to get the offense prepared for his cadence?

if you notice, everytime he says it, they always run the ball so maybe it could just mean a run play

He seems to say that or Kill Kill Kill.  I am guessing it means let the play he has called go and kill kill kill means he's killing the pass or run option that was called.

I think I was watching the Colts and Jets game last year when Sanchez kept saying "kill kill" before the play.  Phil Simms said it meant he was killing the first play they called in the huddle.  So I guess they call 2 or more plays, then based on what the QB sees with the defense, he can kill the first play and make them run the 2nd one?  That's what led me to thinking "let it roll" means let the first play call roll, as in run that first play

I think I was watching the Colts and Jets game last year when Sanchez kept saying "kill kill" before the play.  Phil Simms said it meant he was killing the first play they called in the huddle.  So I guess they call 2 or more plays, then based on what the QB sees with the defense, he can kill the first play and make them run the 2nd one?  That's what led me to thinking "let it roll" means let the first play call roll, as in run that first play

I got the kill kill thing from Dungy explaining Manning lingo on NBC and he said the kill kill on that particular play was killing the run play they had they could go to on a run/pass option that Manning could call based on what he saw.  Now granted different teams could very well have different meanings. 

I've seen him yell out let it roll after he's changed the play before.  I think it's cue to the team that they are going into the snap count.  Kinda like saying start the snap count I am done changing things now.

I got the kill kill thing from Dungy explaining Manning lingo on NBC and he said the kill kill on that particular play was killing the run play they had they could go to on a run/pass option that Manning could call based on what he saw.  Now granted different teams could very well have different meanings. 

I've seen him yell out let it roll after he's changed the play before.  I think it's cue to the team that they are going into the snap count.  Kinda like saying start the snap count I am done changing things now.

Yeah, I thought that was another possibility as to what it meant.  I love this kind of stuff, this football lingo

I does seem a majority of the time its a running play. But I did notice a passing play out of it today . Who knows what it means hopefully we don't figure it out cause if we do you know a d coordinator will.

I really think it has to do with starting the snap count as you normally don't hear him yelling out things after he says it other than snap count stuff.  As long as other teams don't know the snap count knowing he's starting the count with "Let it Roll" doesn't mean much but of course I could be completely wrong and it might mean something else.