Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tauren Poole

krunk

I see we just added this guy to the practice squad.  Seems like a pretty decent back.

Good size at 5 10  209lbs.  Played with Darick at Tennessee.

Not sure if he'll get to see the field, but I'd be intrigued to see what happens.

Very short on time to learn the offense. Seems to have good vision.

I agree with you that his speed is not all that. He's probably about as fast as Arian Foster I think. I don't agree that he's not elusive or lacking in vision.  I think he's got good vision.

I do agree that he runs pretty hard and hits the seam as soon as he sees it.

His lack of great speed has kept him from finding an NFL roster spot. But from what I can remember from him in college his vison seemed to be really good.

He sure didn't look slow in that long TD run against Bama either.

I don't think the speed thing was the issue. It says he was injured his entire first season in the NFL in 2012

Plenty of backs in the NFL that aren't 4.3 burners.

Poole, 5-10, 210 pounds, was signed by the Carolina Panthers as an undrafted free agent on May 11, 2012 and spent his entire rookie season on Injured Reserve after suffering an injury in the preseason. He was then signed to the Panthers practice squad on September 1, 2013 and was released on October 2. http://blogs.colts.com/2013/12/26/indianapolis-colts-make-roster-moves-46/

Guest TeamLoloJones

Good but not great speed, Not real elusive, Not alot of suddeness, Good hands but dont like his vision, I like how he runs hard though

How in the world does anyone know that after watching a few youtube videos?

I don't think the speed thing was the issue. It says he was injured his entire first season in the NFL in 2012

Plenty of backs in the NFL that aren't 4.3 burners.

Poole, 5-10, 210 pounds, was signed by the Carolina Panthers as an undrafted free agent on May 11, 2012 and spent his entire rookie season on Injured Reserve after suffering an injury in the preseason. He was then signed to the Panthers practice squad on September 1, 2013 and was released on October 2. http://blogs.colts.com/2013/12/26/indianapolis-colts-make-roster-moves-46/

Doesn't really say anything about the injury. Do you know if it was a knee or how serious the injury was. Just curious I know its just ps but you never know, just one injury away of a roster spot.

I agree with you that his speed is not all that. He's probably about as fast as Arian Foster I think. I don't agree that he's not elusive or lacking in vision.  I think he's got good vision.

I do agree that he runs pretty hard and hits the seam as soon as he sees it.

First two runs a hole was open to the left side on the 2011 tape....Also 3:48 at Tennessee own goal line a crease was open but he cut it back into the right suddenly into a D Lineman and a Linebacker(pause it at 3:53 to see  , With that said he showed good vision at 1:08 to cut it back to the right side...What I like is he looks to be a fluid runner with his hips, I dont see much jump cutting

Guest TeamLoloJones

Its not that hard see a running back miss a big hole, I dont just watch youtube videos either, I read scouting reports and compare what they say and look for what they say

The problem with that...is that if a play is designed to go a certain way, coaches tell running backs to follow through on the play.  And to not break back or go to another hole.  That's not always the case but a lot of times it is.  So you see a RB missing a hole and blame it on his vision...but the RB may have been told to not go there.

The problem with that...is that if a play is designed to go a certain way, coaches tell running backs to follow through on the play.  And to not break back or go to another hole.  That's not always the case but a lot of times it is.  So you see a RB missing a hole and blame it on his vision...but the RB may have been told to not go there.

Need a new coach then if thats the case :funny:

Good but not great speed, Not real elusive, Not alot of suddeness, Good hands but dont like his vision, I like how he runs hard though

His vision is okay, but not good enough to be a great player who can make up for a lack of great speed. Serviceable, he runs with heart.

According to this site he ran a 4.48 at the combine.  Doesn't look like it on film though

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Tauren&l=Poole&i=9761

I've also seen 4.58 for him as well.

The film and times of record can fool you though.  I know when we played the Ravens in the playoffs last year it seemed like Bernard Pierce was flying when we played them. However according to WalterFootball.com he only

runs a 4.51. So Poole might be faster on the field than what it looks like.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012RB.php

Poole kind of reminds me of Donald Brown with some of the things he does and the way they he was used.

I think he's a little bit more of an aggressive runner than Brown though. I checked Browns 40 time and he's honestly

about as fast as Poole. Brown ranged between 4.48 and 4.51, although it always seems like he's running

much faster than that. I'm highlighting Poole a bit because with all of our injuries you just never know when 

you will have to use someone. It's a big maybe, but I'd like to see him live just to satisfy my curiousity.

Maybe if Richardson got injured we could see a backfield of Brown, Poole, and Choice. I wouldn't be surprised

if it was productive.  I'm just doing some off the wall thinking.