Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we have a 10 day moratorium on new Broncos/Patriots/Peyton/Brady threads till January 6, 2014?

chad72

Can all posters co-operate for a nearly 10 day moratorium on Broncos/Patriots/Peyton/Brady threads?

It starts from Dec.26 and goes till the wild card games are over on Sunday, January 5th, 2014? Agree or not?

It would do this forum a whole lot of good, I feel. :)

Say yes, in the name of the holiday spirit, folks.

Can all posters co-operate for a nearly 10 day moratorium on Broncos/Patriots/Peyton/Brady threads?

It starts from Dec.26 and goes till the wild card games are over on Sunday, January 5th, 2014? Agree or not?

What else would we talk about? :-) I think once the brackets are set we'll have more to discuss but if a majority is on board I'm in. 

Good luck

Ya know, I hate the :poke: and the  :stir:  and the :shout: and the :puke: all inevitably leading to :wall:   as much as anyone. But on the other hand discussing and commiserating  with those who share an interest is entirely different story. I'm all for a permanent moratorium on the former, but it sounds like you are talking about a temporary moratorium on the later.

I've been here for 2+ years and somehow I've never had the desire to start a single thread - until now. How about instead of you trying to control what everyone else talks about, you take the much easier step of simply not clicking on any threads that you aren't interested in.

By the way, that's a right that I exercise with approximately 80% of the threads on here. It's REALLY quite easy.

No. Why?  Denver and NE are the top 2 seed in  the AFC.

Who would it serve..to limit discussion to things of lesser interest?

Great idea.

I would question the motivation of banning discussion of Peyton Manning on an Indianapolis Colts web site

..Discussion of Manning leads to Brady.....discussion of both leads to debate

I try to discus the Bears here and few care to agree or disagree....I dont blame them..

.......so I discuss stuff folks here care about...

I would question the motivation of banning discussion of Peyton Manning on an Indianapolis Colts web site

I try to discus the Bears here and few care to agree or disagree....I dont blame them..

not sure why it bothers alot of people if you don't like the discussion don't join in I've never understood why it bothers others so much

What the OP really wants is praise for Manning without any criticism and without any comparisions to Brady.  What about DB and AR? 

Yeah right!!! I'm one of the first ones to point out to flaws in Peyton's game, much more than other Colts fans around here, stick around and peruse a little bit, it might do you good.

What I feel inundated with is training camp reports, injury updates, Vegas odds on a weekly basis for the Broncos, and simultaneously annoying threads and rebuttals started by recent and newbie * fans to combat that, it gets old.

Just wanted some peace and quiet around those aspects and wanted to discuss more non-Broncos and non-Pats topics for just 10 days. Was that too much to ask? I really felt it would do this forum some good but hey, sorry for even attempting to bring some sanity to this NFL General section, my bad.

It is like the top 5 or 6  search results in a google page, Broncos and Patriots or Peyton and Brady related threads in NFL General, and that has been the case for a few months now. That is all I am saying.

Yeah right!!! I'm one of the first ones to point out to flaws in Peyton's game, much more than other Colts fans around here, stick around and peruse a little bit, it might do you good.

What I feel inundated with is training camp reports, injury updates, Vegas odds on a weekly basis for the Broncos, and simultaneously annoying threads and rebuttals started by recent and newbie * fans to combat that, it gets old.

Just wanted some peace and quiet around those aspects and wanted to discuss more non-Broncos and non-Pats topics for just 10 days. Was that too much to ask? I really felt it would do this forum some good but hey, sorry for even attempting to bring some sanity to this NFL General section, my bad.

It is like the top 5 or 6  search results in a google page, Broncos and Patriots or Peyton and Brady related threads in NFL General, and that has been the case for a few months now. That is all I am saying.

Chad, I get it, I really do. I am, by far, one of Peyton's most loyal fans, and I like to celebrate his accomplishments, etc... But I have to agree, the Constant comparisons, one-upmanships, arguments, etc.. on here, on a daily basis, have turned me away from the Forum somewhat.

Enough is enough. On to the Playoffs, and may the best teams Win.

No one said anything about banning anything. chad72 suggested cooling it on the Manning/Brady threads for a bit, which I think is a good idea. We've had a ton of them in recent weeks, all eventually devolving into the same debate. Quite honestly, there are no new ideas at this point. These discussions can continue in the threads that already exist.

The playoffs are getting ready to start. Teams are going to change coaches and GMs. There will be plenty of things to discuss, other than the same old thing over and over again. 

By the way, this is not the suggestion of the moderating team. There's no edict being handed down. I took it as a simple suggestion from a forum member regarding the NFL General section. And it's a suggestion that I personally agree with. 

I suggest you ignore such threads. It really is that simple a solution.

To distract everyone, how about a heated "my moratorium is better than yours" debate?

I don't think any call for a moratorium is appropriate.  An open forum should be able to tolerate (GASP!) any idea that is proposed for discussion.  The initial post of this stupid thread asks that all agree to limit discussion on a subject which is evidently a sore subject for the OP.  How ridiculous.  If you don't wish to defend your ideas, simply call for a ban on any discussion which you deem difficult.  Tolerance was once a strength of the mid-west. 

I don't think any call for a moratorium is appropriate. An open forum should be able to tolerate (GASP!) any idea that is proposed for discussion. The initial post of this stupid thread asks that all agree to limit discussion on a subject which is evidently a sore subject for the OP. How ridiculous. If you don't wish to defend your ideas, simply call for a ban on any discussion which you deem difficult. Tolerance was once a strength of the mid-west.

My post was tongue-in-cheek, so maybe chilling out a bit is in order. Furthermore, in defense of your call to tolerance and an open forum, you offer intolerance towards the OP, and call their position "stupid". Classic.