Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

16 Denver Broncos players about to become free agents / other like Von Miller due to the new rookie wage scale will become eligible for new deals

bayone

The 16 Broncos who are eligible for unrestricted free agency:

Decker, wide receiver; Moreno, running back; Beadles, offensive guard; Shaun Phillips, defensive end; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, cornerback; Wesley Woodyard, linebacker; Mike Adams, safety; Robert Ayers, defensive end; Paris Lenon, linebacker; Andre Caldwell, wide receiver; Chris Kuper, offensive guard; Quentin Jammer, cornerback; Jeremy Mincey, defensive end; Michael Huff, safety; Steve Vallos, center-guard; and Winston Justice, offensive tackle.

are some major nbames there

Read more: 16 Denver Broncos players about to become free agents - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24794027/broncos-16-players-about-become-free-agents#ixzz2obAubzb7 

also 

In the coming offseason, the first wave of players signed to contracts limited by the rookie wage scale will become eligible for new deals.  Two of them may have squandered their chances of hitting the jackpot early.  one is Von Miller

With the Broncos, it’s less clear whether they plan to pay Miller after the 2013 season.  They could structure a deal with maximum protection against another violation of the substance-abuse policy.  Or they could simply take the leap of faith that Miller, whom the organization unconditionally has supported despite some fairly strong allegations of misconduct, has gotten the message.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/28/von-miller-aldon-smith-may-not-get-their-new-contracts-after-2013/

I dont know if more Broncos are invlopved with this rookie scale , article only discusses aldon smith and B Von miller vdue to off field issues

Decker is probably at 6 mil a year, Moreno maybe 4 mil a year, Woodyard about 3 mil a year.  Maybe getting DRC back would help them.  Most of the other guys they could probably let walk.  

They can also get rid of Bailey and either Dressen or Tamme and clear up around 13 million in cap space to add to their 12 million in cap space that will be open when the season ends.

I don't know what it is, but for some reason people seem to think they are in cap trouble.  They are not, and far from it.  

Elway is a genius at negotiation and has made deals that make players easy to cut for cap space.  Even Ryan Clady can be cut next year if they want.  

Remember the cap is gonna be a lot bigger in 2015.

There's lots of things to take into consideration with this and with any team.

You got to take into consideration the salary cap and financial business side of it = It will limit what the Broncos can offer these players if these players decide to test the open free market so the Broncos are forced to bid for these players and other teams might offer them more money.

and...

If the Broncos decide to part ways and let some of these players go and not resign them due to certain reasons then you need to take into account that these vacant positions now need to be filled and will the Broncos fill them with players equally good or better?  If the Broncos let Bailey go then will the Broncos draft a CB or look for one in free agency?  Will this new CB be as good?  Finding a great shut down corner in the draft is one of the hardest things you can find in all of sports.  A Darrelle Revis only comes around once a decade or so.  The CB position might be the hardest position to play in sports due to the ways the rules at set in the NFL where often you can't even put finger nail on a WR.

and...

If the Broncos do resign these players they are one year older.  One year older in the NFL is like at least 5 years older on your body.  Look at Ed Reed.  He goes from being a stud in the Super Bowl in February of 2013 to being a shell of himself of September 2013 with the Texans and is cut by them.

I may be wrong here, but I believe that's because a lot of those guys were signed to 1 year deals.  A lot of those guys they can let go in the offseason and not have to worry about it, like Justice (bad player), and Jammer (age)

Jamer , Justuce ,  Huff,  Mincey  are 1 year deals signed thus year & can be let go

, but Cromartie needs to be resigned , he proved his worth., Phillips too unless think to old, Paris Lenon wont cost much if really think woodwards injury stinger wont let him be old self or can replace elswhere in FA as lennon nothing great

ayers also should be resigned, 

Beadles has play quite well and should be resigned, that middle of Beadles, Manny & Vasquez are ggod, and RT franklin fine and u have Clady coming back

I forgot to highlight WR Cladwell, lets see what happens with Welkers concusion but doint think would cost much for him as way down depth chart & he is faster than welker and decent hands , caught 2 Tds Vs Titans when came in for welker

Mike Adams has shown his worth making some key plays as Rahim Moore went down , but may return from IR for playoffs t

No one knows if wolfe will return to old selfm lost weight ever since food posining in preseasion and never the same, then the seizure issue leaves a ?? mark

also next year DT & VON MILLER &others so must prepare right to allow future signings

OG Kuper may go way of Walton pending how that ankle is and if can be a good backup

Of course drafting plans can affecty all

I don't think it was any big secret that the Broncos have gone all in to try to win a SB this year with Peyton. They will have some major issues next year given the number of players that are on 1 year deals but Elway will continue the "plan" I am sure until Manning retires.

I don't see how those one year contracts will cause issues. If anything, it gives the team flexibility moving forward. Guys like Shaun Phillips and Quentin Jammer chose the Broncos over other teams, and possibly over more money and more years. DRC also. And those one year deals allow the Broncos to adjust where necessary in the future. They have plenty of cap space, especially if they get rid of Champ Bailey.

I do think they'll continue with this type of approach for as long as Manning is there, but I don't really agree that it signifies an "all in" approach.

I don't see how those one year contracts will cause issues. If anything, it gives the team flexibility moving forward. Guys like Shaun Phillips and Quentin Jammer chose the Broncos over other teams, and possibly over more money and more years. DRC also. And those one year deals allow the Broncos to adjust where necessary in the future. They have plenty of cap space, especially if they get rid of Champ Bailey.

I do think they'll continue with this type of approach for as long as Manning is there, but I don't really agree that it signifies an "all in" approach.

I don't think it is a bad approach but one year deals for older players are what a team does when they are trying to win in the short term. I more question the signings themselves as the defense is horrid.

I think that's more wishful thinking.  9 times out of 10 players will choose more money over loyalty to a team.  How the salary cap is structured and how each team structures it's budget can be complicated.

I don't think it is a bad approach but one year deals for older players are what a team does when they are trying to win in the short term. I more question the signings themselves as the defense is horrid.

Lots of injuries on that defense all year. Particularly with the DBs. DRC has played well, but has missed a number of games. Shaun Phillips has been outstanding.

Lots of injuries on that defense all year. Particularly with the DBs. DRC has played well, but has missed a number of games. Shaun Phillips has been outstanding.

Yes, Phillips signing was very good. While injuries have been there, the defense has been bad all season. Can't stop the run or the pass. Not sure how things will go now that Miller is out but if they draw a team that can put up points like the Bengals or Chiefs then I think the divisional round will be very tough for them.

I think that's more wishful thinking.  9 times out of 10 players will choose more money over loyalty to a team.  How the salary cap is structured and how each team structures it's budget can be complicated.

None of those players were Broncos before this year. Has nothing to do with loyalty. Shaun Phillips said himself he took less from the Broncos. Call him a liar if you want, but when you look at the contracts players his age got around the league, it's not hard to believe. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23520329/denver-broncos-know-sky-high-expectations-are-better

I don't know why this would be considered wishful thinking, and I'm not sure what your point is about the cap and budget structure.

Yes, Phillips signing was very good. While injuries have been there, the defense has been bad all season. Can't stop the run or the pass. Not sure how things will go now that Miller is out but if they draw a team that can put up points like the Bengals or Chiefs then I think the divisional round will be very tough for them.

Definitely going to have some trouble in the playoffs. Of course, both the Bengals and Chiefs have shown some weaknesses defensively themselves in recent weeks. Still have to stop the Broncos offense.

Definitely going to have some trouble in the playoffs. Of course, both the Bengals and Chiefs have shown some weaknesses defensively themselves in recent weeks. Still have to stop the Broncos offense.

Yep, will be difficult to stop Broncos O. I am actually hoping for a Colts/Denver divisional round. If the seedings hold and the Colts can beat the Chiefs again at home this time which I think they can then they would go into Denver.

Well considering that they beat the Chiefs both games and the Bengals don't do as well on the road and seeing that it looks as though the AFC will be going through Denver could prove to be difficult.  For a team that can't stop the run or the pass how did they win as many games as they have. :scratch:

Well considering that they beat the Chiefs both games and the Bengals don't do as well on the road and seeing that it looks as though the AFC will be going through Denver could prove to be difficult.  For a team that can't stop the run or the pass how did they win as many games as they have. :scratch:

Great O Susie and special teams. But defense is what wins in the playoffs. Tough to beat a team for a third time in any season and the Bengals can score and play D. I don't think Denver loses either game but it will be tough for them to stop those teams with no Miller. That was my main point.

Great O Susie and special teams. But defense is what wins in the playoffs. Tough to beat a team for a third time in any season and the Bengals can score and play D. I don't think Denver loses either game but it will be tough for them to stop those teams with no Miller. That was my main point.

I remember Gramz saying you always having to have the last word so I think I will follow her lead and this will be the last reply to your post.

None of those players were Broncos before this year. Has nothing to do with loyalty. Shaun Phillips said himself he took less from the Broncos. Call him a liar if you want, but when you look at the contracts players his age got around the league, it's not hard to believe. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23520329/denver-broncos-know-sky-high-expectations-are-better

I don't know why this would be considered wishful thinking, and I'm not sure what your point is about the cap and budget structure.

That's great that he and some of these players took less money for THIS year of 2013.  Once he and they are free agents have any of them said and confirmed they're coming back for the same amount or less money for 2013?  Players took less money for THIS year and the organization were hedging their bets and gambling they could make a super bowl run for THIS year.  To expect players to come back again for less money or the same amount is naive.  lol @ taking less money to be loyal to Peyton as he signs one of the biggest contracts in NFL history.  How about Peyton take a pay cut or restructure his contract like Brady did to free up cap space so the Broncos can afford to keep these "loyal" players?  These players wouldn't have come and stayed with the Broncos if it wasn't for Peyton.  Welker wouldn't have chosen the Broncos if their QB was Tebow I bet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eric Decker left the Broncos to play in California or New York for his singer wife to be closer to the entertainment industry so they can live in LA or Manhattan.  lol

There's many reasons why many of these players might not or won't come back after this season.  1.) If they do win the super bowl they got that ring and now will chase the money.  or  2.) If the Broncos lose in the post season these players will say it's all over for the Broncos and will either leave for less money for another team that they think is closer to a SB or they will leave for more money.  If I were currently on the Broncos then after the season is over regardless of the outcome I'd rather play for the Colts knowing they got Andrew Luck the next 15 years.

That's great that he and some of these players took less money for THIS year of 2013.  Once he and they are free agents have any of them said and confirmed they're coming back for the same amount or less money for 2013?  Players took less money for THIS year and the organization were hedging their bets and gambling they could make a super bowl run for THIS year.  To expect players to come back again for less money or the same amount is naive.  lol @ taking less money to be loyal to Peyton as he signs one of the biggest contracts in NFL history.  How about Peyton take a pay cut or restructure his contract like Brady did to free up cap space so the Broncos can afford to keep these "loyal" players?  These players wouldn't have come and stayed with the Broncos if it wasn't for Peyton.  Welker wouldn't have chosen the Broncos if their QB was Tebow I bet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eric Decker left the Broncos to play in California or New York for his singer wife to be closer to the entertainment industry so they can live in LA or Manhattan.  lol

There's many reasons why many of these players might not or won't come back after this season.  1.) If they do win the super bowl they got that ring and now will chase the money.  or  2.) If the Broncos lose in the post season these players will say it's all over for the Broncos and will either leave for less money for another team that they think is closer to a SB or they will leave for more money.  If I were currently on the Broncos then after the season is over regardless of the outcome I'd rather play for the Colts knowing they got Andrew Luck the next 15 years.

I wasn't speaking to the Broncos' ability or assumed plan to retain any of those players beyond this year. I was speaking to their ability to continue to add good players moving forward. Had very little to do with their free agent appeal, and more to do with them having a manageable and sustainable plan. 

Not really concerned with whether they come or stay because of Manning, or whether he takes a pay cut to accommodate such acquisitions/retentions. As it stands, even with Manning's contract, the Broncos have the cap space and cap flexibility to add/retain free agents in 2014. Like you say, most players go where they can get the most money. The Broncos, if they wish, can put themselves in the discussion with any free agent. I doubt that they go spending big money on anyone; they'd rather stick with second tier guys who can fill a need in the short term, and continue to draft players for the future. And there will likely be a player or two who would take less money to play with Denver, particularly a veteran receiver or running back, so long as Manning is there.

I don't know what Decker will do. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a big money offer from another team, leaves, and then struggles to live up to his contract. I've always liked Decker, but there's no question he's benefiting greatly from playing with Manning. Not sure how big a factor living in LA or Manhattan is anymore. The world is much smaller; you can do music anywhere, and his wife's label is international. Nothing in the US is more than a moderate plane ride from Denver anyways.

I think Rodney Harrison would be in complete agreement.  ;)

I doubt Decker leaves Denver.  If he's smart he knows where his bread is buttered.  

It's not like the guy wasn't there during the Orton and Tebow years.  He should know that Manning is making him look like a star.

I doubt he'd get offered more then 7 million per year by anyone.  

I doubt Decker leaves Denver.  If he's smart he knows where his bread is buttered.  

It's not like the guy wasn't there during the Orton and Tebow years.  He should know that Manning is making him look like a star.

Decker can put up numbers with many teams I believe...

Pats

Saints

Packers

Chargers

49ers

Panthers

Cowboys

Lions

Most WR's and TE's can put up above average to great numbers with those teams above.  They got great QB's.

Cities/Markets do matter.  Players often choose NYC for the market.  If Derek Jeter played his entire career with the Kansas City Royals he wouldn't make as much money and wouldn't get the sponsors and wouldn't be a house hold name.  I know MLB isn't the NFL but you should get what I mean.  Eli chose NYC over San Diego, I believe his father pressured him to.  Agents often times persuade and want their clients/athletes to go to bigger markets, more exposure.  And ask any woman especially shallow ones....the shopping and night life is better in NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami.  Living in Beverly Hills is much different than living in the mid west.   :disco:

People keep saying this, and it's silly. He was in his first and second year, with substandard quarterbacking. Of course he looks better with Manning, but he was developing just fine and has a ton of talent. And I can think of a handful of teams that would offer him the kind of money Garcon got from Washington, and more. We can start with the Raiders.

Decker can put up numbers with many teams I believe...

Pats

Saints

Packers

Chargers

49ers

Panthers

Cowboys

Lions

Most WR's and TE's can put up above average to great numbers with those teams above.  They got great QB's.

Cities/Markets do matter.  Players often choose NYC for the market.  If Derek Jeter played his entire career with the Kansas City Royals he wouldn't make as much money and wouldn't get the sponsors and wouldn't be a house hold name.  I know MLB isn't the NFL but you should get what I mean.  Eli chose NYC over San Diego, I believe his father pressured him to.  Agents often times persuade and want their clients/athletes to go to bigger markets, more exposure.  And ask any woman especially shallow ones....the shopping and night life is better in NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami.  Living in Beverly Hills is much different than living in the mid west.   :disco:

Eli chose anyone but the Chargers, had nothing to do with the market (which is less than 2 hours down I-5 from LA). Was entirely about the Spanos family. Archie didn't pressure Peyton Manning to force his way out of small market Indianapolis. I'm not sure market has anything to do with Decker's preferences; he's a Minnesota boy, and will soon be a very rich Minnesota boy, no matter where he signs. He can spend as much time in major market cities during the offseason as he wants, and his wife will be all over the country regardless.

Pats, Saints, Chargers, Cowboys and Lions have big cap space issues that they'll have to fix before they can go after a top tier FA at any position. The Packers don't often spend big money in free agency. I doubt Decker would go to the Panthers because of market or QB. The Niners are a possibility.

However, I think your entire premise is a stretch, if not totally off base. If he's worried about the QB or comfort and is willing to play for less, he'd stay in Denver. He might consider the Vikings, but they have a terrible situation at QB. If Decker chooses to leave the Broncos, it will most likely be an issue of money, not market or QB or familiarity. He has 80+ catches, 1,200+ yards and 10+ touchdowns. This is his chance to cash in.

People keep saying this, and it's silly. He was in his first and second year, with substandard quarterbacking. Of course he looks better with Manning, but he was developing just fine and has a ton of talent. And I can think of a handful of teams that would offer him the kind of money Garcon got from Washington, and more. We can start with the Raiders.

"We can start with the Raiders."

I actually think the Raiders would be one of the teams Decker would avoid and stay with the Broncos for equal money or even less unless the Raiders gave him Calvin Johnson money which is unlikely but never underestimate the Raiders with regards to how they throw money around.

I actually think the Raiders would be one of the teams Decker would avoid and stay with the Broncos for equal money or even less unless the Raiders gave him Calvin Johnson money which is unlikely but never underestimate the Raiders with regards to how they throw money around.

Not saying I think he'd sign with the Raiders, but I do think the Raiders would be willing to offer him big money. That's assuming Reggie McKenzie doesn't go full Ted Thompson mode with the Raiders. They have $70m in cap space, and getting Decker would weaken the Broncos while strengthening their own team. To me, if they don't at least make an offer, they're silly.

Eli chose anyone but the Chargers, had nothing to do with the market (which is less than 2 hours down I-5 from LA). Was entirely about the Spanos family. Archie didn't pressure Peyton Manning to force his way out of small market Indianapolis. I'm not sure market has anything to do with Decker's preferences; he's a Minnesota boy, and will soon be a very rich Minnesota boy, no matter where he signs. He can spend as much time in major market cities during the offseason as he wants, and his wife will be all over the country regardless.

Pats, Saints, Chargers, Cowboys and Lions have big cap space issues that they'll have to fix before they can go after a top tier FA at any position. The Packers don't often spend big money in free agency. I doubt Decker would go to the Panthers because of market or QB. The Niners are a possibility.

However, I think your entire premise is a stretch, if not totally off base. If he's worried about the QB or comfort and is willing to play for less, he'd stay in Denver. He might consider the Vikings, but they have a terrible situation at QB. If Decker chooses to leave the Broncos, it will most likely be an issue of money, not market or QB or familiarity. He has 80+ catches, 1,200+ yards and 10+ touchdowns. This is his chance to cash in.

"Eli chose anyone but the Chargers, had nothing to do with the market (which is less than 2 hours down I-5 from LA). Was entirely about the Spanos family. Archie didn't pressure Peyton Manning to force his way out of small market Indianapolis. I'm not sure market has anything to do with Decker's preferences; he's a Minnesota boy, and will soon be a very rich Minnesota boy, no matter where he signs. He can spend as much time in major market cities during the offseason as he wants, and his wife will be all over the country regardless."

Markets/cities matters to many players and families.  Plenty of quotes all over the internet from players in all sports who said they either stayed in a city or left for another team that was in another city due to the wife and family's wants or their agent telling them they can increase their star status in a different market.  Chris Paul of the Hornets wanted out of New Orleans and to go to LA.  He was about to go to the Lakers but the NBA blocked the trade and ended up with the LA Clippers.  The NBA is notorious for players wanting to go to the bigger flashy fancy cities.  Many in the NFL too.

An off season for a pro athlete isn't that long.  Most the off season for most pro athletes consists of training and staying to strict disciplined schedule with a little vacation time on the side.  In the NFL due to weak contracts where contracts are not guaranteed players can be cut at anytime.  The NFL is the most brutal.  If a player shows up at training camp way out of shape he gets cut or doesn't start.

The disclosure came one day after Manning's father, Archie, flew to San Diego and had dinner with General Manager A.J. Smith and coach Marty Schottenheimer.

Then came the call from agent Tom Condon.

"He told me that Archie wishes that we do not select Eli and that they think he would be a good fit in New York (with the Giants)," said Smith. "We understand his position and certainly understand his interest in New York, but we will do what we think is the best for the franchise, without a doubt .

http://www.utsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20040422-9999-1s22chargers.html

"I doubt Decker would go to the Panthers because of market or QB."

So do markets matter or not?

You talk like you know the Decker family personally and that he and his wife will be happy no matter what.  lol   Most the players who think like that are like Tiger Woods who has his own private jet and he can fly Lindsey Vonn in and out of cities like it's nothing.  But 99% of pro athletes do not have a private jet and have to fly commercial like everyone else and aren't interested in going into airports being hounded by people.  Traveling is a HUGE bitc% for famous people who have to fly commercial.

I'm just saying this to the people who think and claim the Broncos have nothing to worry about and they can just resign all these players.  I wanted to point out that there's thousands of variables in the off season that make it very hard to do that.

Markets/cities matters to many players and families.  Plenty of quotes all over the internet from players in all sports who said they either stayed in a city or left for another team that was in another city due to the wife and family's wants.

An off season for a pro athlete isn't that long.  Most the off season for most pro athletes consists of training and staying to strict disciplined schedule with a little vacation time on the side.

You talk like you know the Decker family personally and that he and his wife will be happy no matter what.  lol   Most the players who think like that are like Tiger Woods who has his own private jet and he can fly Lindsey Vonn in and out of cities like it's nothing.  But 99% of pro athletes do not have a private jet and have to fly commercial like everyone else and aren't interested in going into airports being hounded by people.  Traveling is a HUGE bitc% for famous people who have to fly commercial.

Oh boy...

Are there any quotes from Decker or his family that he'd prefer to play in any particular market or city? Or are you making up this supposed desire of his? I'm simply pointing out what I perceive to be holes in your argument.

Markets and cities matter. Money matters more. That's been proven over and over again with big time free agents in the NFL.

As for flying, commercial or otherwise, this is something his wife does all the time anyways, as a recording artist. It wouldn't stop or even necessarily be less frequent if they lived in LA or NY. 

So do markets matter or not?

This is your line of reasoning; why are you having so much trouble following it? I'm saying that Decker wouldn't chose Carolina because of market, presuming market is a major consideration to begin with. No one has ever accused Carolina of being a desirable market for a big time NFL free agent.

The disclosure came one day after Manning's father, Archie, flew to San Diego and had dinner with General Manager A.J. Smith and coach Marty Schottenheimer.

Then came the call from agent Tom Condon.

"He told me that Archie wishes that we do not select Eli and that they think he would be a good fit in New York (with the Giants)," said Smith. "We understand his position and certainly understand his interest in New York, but we will do what we think is the best for the franchise, without a doubt .

http://www.utsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20040422-9999-1s22chargers.html

You think that means the Mannings wanted Eli to play in New York because of the market? It's well documented that want they wanted was to avoid having him play for the Chargers, because of the Spanos family, because of how they mismanaged Ryan Leaf, because they had struggled to put together any kind of success for many years, etc. They surveyed the landscape and preferred the Giants, but there's never been any indication that that was because of market. It was because of the state of the organization.

By the way, you keep mentioning market, but haven't mentioned either the Giants or the Jets, both of whom have cap space and both of whom have a need at receiver (assuming the Giants let Hakeem Nicks walk, but even then, they have Rueben Randle and probably won't be in the market right now). If Decker did sign with either of those teams, I'm sure he'd talk about how he and his wife love the city and all that, and that would be relevant. But he'd also get a really nice contract, and end of the day, that's the primary consideration. It always is with players in his situation.

The 16 Broncos who are eligible for unrestricted free agency:

Decker, wide receiver; Moreno, running back; Beadles, offensive guard; Shaun Phillips, defensive end; Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, cornerback; Wesley Woodyard, linebacker; Mike Adams, safety; Robert Ayers, defensive end; Paris Lenon, linebacker; Andre Caldwell, wide receiver; Chris Kuper, offensive guard; Quentin Jammer, cornerback; Jeremy Mincey, defensive end; Michael Huff, safety; Steve Vallos, center-guard; and Winston Justice, offensive tackle.

are some major nbames there

Read more: 16 Denver Broncos players about to become free agents - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24794027/broncos-16-players-about-become-free-agents#ixzz2obAubzb7 

also 

In the coming offseason, the first wave of players signed to contracts limited by the rookie wage scale will become eligible for new deals.  Two of them may have squandered their chances of hitting the jackpot early.  one is Von Miller

With the Broncos, it’s less clear whether they plan to pay Miller after the 2013 season.  They could structure a deal with maximum protection against another violation of the substance-abuse policy.  Or they could simply take the leap of faith that Miller, whom the organization unconditionally has supported despite some fairly strong allegations of misconduct, has gotten the message.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/28/von-miller-aldon-smith-may-not-get-their-new-contracts-after-2013/

I dont know if more Broncos are invlopved with this rookie scale , article only discusses aldon smith and B Von miller vdue to off field issues

There's nobody that's irreplaceable among those 16....

They need about 1/2 dozen.but no one on that list is going to be too demanding

Decker is probably at 6 mil a year, Moreno maybe 4 mil a year, Woodyard about 3 mil a year.  Maybe getting DRC back would help them.  Most of the other guys they could probably let walk.  

They can also get rid of Bailey and either Dressen or Tamme and clear up around 13 million in cap space to add to their 12 million in cap space that will be open when the season ends.

I don't know what it is, but for some reason people seem to think they are in cap trouble.  They are not, and far from it.  

Elway is a genius at negotiation and has made deals that make players easy to cut for cap space.  Even Ryan Clady can be cut next year if they want.  

Remember the cap is gonna be a lot bigger in 2015.

Agreed...Champ wont be back and that's big bucks...and that will be more than DRC could ask for

.and Eric Decker is in a dream situation...He's not walking..

The return of Clady replaces Beadles because it allows Clark to move..back inside

Agreed...Champ wont be back and that's big bucks...and that will be more than DRC could ask for

.and Eric Decker is in a dream situation...He's not walking..

The return of Clady replaces Beadles because it allows Clark to move..back inside

think u r wrong here

Clark has always been the subtitute depth swing tackle, Beadles always the LG starter and went to probowl last year

i have no idea if Clark can plaay gurad or ever did, was an undrafted free agent  signed by tampa ?and think this is 3rd team

before Denver was on Practice squad of Vikings for 2 years& denver claimed him off waivers

in college was a LT for U of Southern Mississippi

Wishful thinking.

First of all, Decker isn't some average receiver, hes been pretty solid for Denver for awhile now and hes been stellar all year for Manning.

Secondly, a player is going to cash in on his production in the open market to maximize his earning potential.  If the market dictates, based on his production, that he should get $6million a year, then he's going to get $6 million a year, not play for pennies in Denver because Manning is so great and wonderful.

Brady had to deal with that his entire career, because as they were winning every single player on the team, even the JAGs were trying to cash in on the success and get overpaid.  David Givens went for a payday and totally disappeared from the NFL scene within a few years.  Branch went to Seattle and was completely forgotten as well, and he did that over like $3 million or so difference in a contract that was worth over $40 million! 

Players play to get paid, so unless Denver offers them fair market value they will walk.

Wishful thinking.

First of all, Decker isn't some average receiver, hes been pretty solid for Denver for awhile now and hes been stellar all year for Manning.

Secondly, a player is going to cash in on his production in the open market to maximize his earning potential.  If the market dictates, based on his production, that he should get $6million a year, then he's going to get $6 million a year, not play for pennies in Denver because Manning is so great and wonderful.

Brady had to deal with that his entire career, because as they were winning every single player on the team, even the JAGs were trying to cash in on the success and get overpaid.  David Givens went for a payday and totally disappeared from the NFL scene within a few years.  Branch went to Seattle and was completely forgotten as well, and he did that over like $3 million or so difference in a contract that was worth over $40 million! 

Players play to get paid, so unless Denver offers them fair market value they will walk.

I'm guessing he'd be offered market value by Denver is what I'm saying.

Although the Pats are an interesting idea.  They are certainly in need of a play-maker at WR and being Tom Brady's #1 receiver would get him more stats and exposure then being Manning's #2.

Although the Pats are an interesting idea.  They are certainly in need of a play-maker at WR and being Tom Brady's #1 receiver would get him more stats and exposure then being Manning's #2.

Patriots already have 2 rookie WR's who will improve if they play it right.  Patriots bigger worry is at TE with Gronkowski and losing Hernandez.

What the Patriots need is to draft a DL, SS, CB.

Patriots already have 2 rookie WR's who will improve if they play it right.  Patriots bigger worry is at TE with Gronkowski and losing Hernandez.

What the Patriots need is to draft a DL, SS, CB.

We also need to draft another Guard..  Solder and Vollmer will be good for years to come at Left and Right Tackle, and Wendell is serviceable right now at Center, but if Mankins retires/goes down with injury, or needs to shift to LT again because Solder and Vollmer are down, that is where we don't have a lot of quality depth right now.

Dan Connoly is OK at right guard, but hes often overpowered and dominated at LG.  Marcus Cannon is an alright plugin at RG as well, but hes been forced to RT all year because of the Vollmer injury.  

The coaching job of the Pats this year is nothing short of incredible to overcome all of these injuries.

Pats don't have the cap space, and I honestly don't see a reasonable path they can take to create the cap space. They're in a tight situation this offseason.