Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers' fans to launch billboard

amfootball

So childish...why not to give all 8.000 bucks to children's hospital and forfeit that stupid act?

monty-python-taunting.jpg

Yeah, that kind of spending doesn't sit well this time of year

I saw a story on the news the other night about a little girl with cancer...........and she really wanted to get on the school bus and go to school with the other big girls in her neighborhood

Her parents worked it out with the school district to allow her to register one day

And her family was beyond joyous.......just to see her having one normal day at school..........like other kids

It gave me the much needed reality check that I need this time of year when I start to feel bad about the things I cannot do and the gifts I cannot give to people

When in reality,I just need to appreciate all the wonderful healthy people in my life

Yeah, that kind of spending doesn't sit well this time of year

I saw a story on the news the other night about a little girl with cancer...........and she really wanted to get on the school bus and go to school with the other big girls in her neighborhood

Her parents worked it out with the school district to allow her to register one day

And her family was beyond joyous.......just to see her having one normal day at school..........like other kids

It gave me the much needed reality check that I need this time of year when I start to feel bad about the things I cannot do and the gifts I cannot give to people

When in reality,I just need to appreciate all the wonderful healthy people in my life

355sec.jpg

I don't mind it. It's building up the rivalry in a good-humored way (rather than drunk fans fighting with each other because they're more "passionate"). And I like how they're giving money to charity too. True, they could give it "all" to charity but you could say that about every donation. When Peyton, Brees, Brady donate money, they could certainly afford to "give" more. It's not realistic (and maybe even fair) to expect that.

I don't mind it. It's building up the rivalry in a good-humored way (rather than drunk fans fighting with each other because they're more "passionate"). And I like how they're giving money to charity too. True, they could give it "all" to charity but you could say that about every donation. When Peyton, Brees, Brady donate money, they could certainly afford to "give" more. It's not realistic (and maybe even fair) to expect that.

Exactly as it stands some niner fan had the idea to raise money to fund a billboard, with the extra money raised there is a donation being made to a children's hospital...

Had the money for the billboard not been raised, then people probably would not have donated that money, & it definitely wouldn't have been going to that particular hospital, either way I think it is sort of funny & the Children's Hospital does get a donation...

but I am not a fan of the Seahawks or Pete Carroll, so there is that too...

Exactly as it stands some niner fan had the idea to raise money to fund a billboard, with the extra money raised there is a donation being made to a children's hospital...

Had the money for the billboard not been raised, then people probably would not have donated that money, & it definitely wouldn't have been going to that particular hospital, either way I think it is sort of funny & the Children's Hospital does get a donation...

but I am not a fan of the Seahawks or Pete Carroll, so there is that too...

It goes both ways. Seattle fans have a brick in the Niner's stadium because they donated to the upgrade fund, and even paid to have their fan banner flown on one of the flag poles when they were playing at SF. Its just good natured rivalry stuff.

So childish...why not to give all 8.000 bucks to children's hospital and forfeit that stupid act?

monty-python-taunting.jpg

You could say that about anyone of the bourgeois establishment, especially these athletes that get paid so much money just to throw balls and catch passes. It can apply to anyone with money.

It looks like the 49ers fans are upset about the beatings the 49ers sustained at the hands of the Seahawks the last couple of times they visited Seattle.

Seattle just brutalizes the 49ers in Seattle while the 49ers squeak by on a last second field goal at home against the Seahawks.

The best way to create a rivalry is to demonstrate your athletic prowess on the field. Forget a lame digital billboard. Philanthropy is fine, but some sophisticated form of materialistic advertising adds nothing meaningful to live competition on the field. 

Donating to a billboard fund is not the same thing as donating to the Red Cross, Habitat For Humanities, or another worthwhile charity in my mind. What a waste of time, money, & resources...SMH...