Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could this be a sign.....

indyagent17

With Angerer out the defense seemed more fluid 

Chapman was a beast in the middle!

Werner is coming along very fast.

Freeman is just making tackle after tackle 

Butler should play CB and let Vaughn sit (I have no idea why this didnt take place 6 weeks ago)

I am not calling for a superbowl run but certain defensive players are starting to catch on very quickly and this is a very good sign for this season. The next test is the KC offense, lets see if they progress

This does remind of the late turn of the D late in the 2006 season

Not even close. Our offense was at least ticking back then while the run D was agonizingly painful to watch. A lot of our D's issues are O related, IMO. They have been left to dry by the O's ineptitude for a few game stretch. This D is not capable of carrying the O but as a complement, it shines with some offensive support, especially to start the game.

Too many D's 

Not even close. Our offense was at least ticking back then while the run D was agonizingly painful to watch. A lot of our D's issues are O related, IMO. They have been left to dry by the O's ineptitude for a few game stretch. This D is not capable of carrying the O but as a complement, it shines with some offensive support, especially to start the game.

So many D's and O's....

tumblr_mbbo09pGlI1rg5bnio1_500.jpg

Butler should play CB and let Vaughn sit (I have no idea why this didnt take place 6 weeks ago)

I am not calling for a superbowl run but certain defensive players are starting to catch on very quickly and this is a very good sign for this season. The next test is the KC offense, lets see if they progress

They have been going back fourth between Butler and Vaughn as the number two corner since Toler went out.  Butler had a great game on Sunday as did Vaughn when we played the Titans.  Other than that both men have been almost equally as bad when they have been asked to be the number two corner.  They are both number three talent level corners who can once in a while give you something at the number two spot but if they are your long term answer as the second corner you are in trouble. 

The defense was not more fluid.  Texans had a good game running, the D was helped tremendously by Keenum not being very decisive in the pocket, combined with a poor game plan by Wade.  It was a nice win for the Colts, they did what they needed to do but it's not like they beat a talented team playing at the top of their game.

Butler has been playing CB the entire time since Toler has been out.  The recent change is they moved Butler to #2 CB and Vaughn to nickle back.  And yes, it's been a good move.  Vaughn is a better nickle than Butler and Butler is better on the outside than Vaughn.

u noticed with pat out we ddint get beat on ajy crossing routes or seams

The defense was not more fluid.  Texans had a good game running, the D was helped tremendously by Keenum not being very decisive in the pocket, combined with a poor game plan by Wade.  It was a nice win for the Colts, they did what they needed to do but it's not like they beat a talented team playing at the top of their game.

Butler has been playing CB the entire time since Toler has been out.  The recent change is they moved Butler to #2 CB and Vaughn to nickle back.  And yes, it's been a good move.  Vaughn is a better nickle than Butler and Butler is better on the outside than Vaughn.

I disagree, they were more fluid. you see the linebackers flowing to the ball, and Chapman must have been laying down on his side because the middle was closed down for most of the game