Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady has thrown 3 redzone INTs while leading potential game tying or game-winning drives this season.

Dustin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for the excusa-a-palooza '14 thread. I'll be team Manning (he doesn't play defense, Decker shoulda caught it), but where will we find the Patriots fans to defend Brady's honor (omg injoories, ringzzz)?

Excusa-palooza...I like it. We should make one mega thread by that name and put everyone's excuses into it. Would keep the rest of the General section clean haha

but oh come on, Brady don't have all his receivers, his team isn't helping him, IT'S NOT HIS FAULT GUYS IT'S NOT HIS FAULT.

He's the GOAT he can never do any wrong!

This made me chuckle...

I do have to say this...in addition to the fact that this thread sucks, it clearly shows how similar the fan bases act both when things go well and when they go poorly. The reason this post made me laugh is because even though you are making a sarcastic remark and making fun of how Patriots fans defend Brady, you could easily substitute 'Manning' for 'Brady' and it would be a post that we've seen on this board from Colts fans a thousand times immediately following a poor game by Peyton. And that's the point. Fans of both teams are sitting here making fun of the other for doing the exact same thing that they themselves do regularly. I honestly do not understand why we are still so fixated on this Brady vs Manning thing and how the media portrays them. Colts fans think the media hates Peyton, Patriots fans think they show him constant love. Patriots fans think ESPN hates them, Colts fans think they make it seem like they can do no wrong. We cant even agree about how our teams and players are portrayed, is it at all surprising that we cant even see that we are acting the exact same way towards the exact same situations?

The things Patriots fans used to get on Manning for, Colts fans are now getting on the Brady for. The things the Colts fans used to get on the Brady for, Patriots fans are now getting on Manning for. The roles have reversed so many times that by now you'd think we've heard every excuse in the book from both sides. It amazes me that some people still cant seem to be objective not only about what is actually happening in the NFL, but how they themselves are acting and responding to it at all. 

This made me chuckle...

I do have to say this...in addition to the fact that this thread sucks, it clearly shows how similar the fan bases act both when things go well and when they go poorly. The reason this post made me laugh is because even though you are making a sarcastic remark and making fun of how Patriots fans defend Brady, you could easily substitute 'Manning' for 'Brady' and it would be a post that we've seen on this board from Colts fans a thousand times immediately following a poor game by Peyton. And that's the point. Fans of both teams are sitting here making fun of the other for doing the exact same thing that they themselves do regularly. I honestly do not understand why we are still so fixated on this Brady vs Manning thing and how the media portrays them. Colts fans think the media hates Peyton, Patriots fans think they show him constant love. Patriots fans think ESPN hates them, Colts fans think they make it seem like they can do no wrong. We cant even agree about how our teams and players are portrayed, is it at all surprising that we cant even see that we are acting the exact same way towards the exact same situations?

The things Patriots fans used to get on Manning for, Colts fans are now getting on the Brady for. The things the Colts fans used to get on the Brady for, Patriots fans are now getting on Manning for. The roles have reversed so many times that by now you'd think we've heard every excuse in the book from both sides. It amazes me that some people still cant seem to be objective not only about what is actually happening in the NFL, but how they themselves are acting and responding to it at all. 

Dynasty13, your kind is the kind of Pats fans this forum needs, not the mindless Brady jock sniffing ones :)

I can understand those kinds on a Pats forum but not on a Colts forum, you know what I mean.

This made me chuckle...

I can't speak for everybody (or anybody, really) but it's my interpretation that this is a joke/retribution thread for the inability for Colts fans to discuss arguably the greatest player in Colts history on a Colts forum without becoming a battle with Brady zealots trolling. This thread won't change that, but it sure is cathartic.

As certain as the sun will rise, Manning will lose another game and the cycle will begin anew.

Dynasty13, your kind is the kind of Pats fans this forum needs, not the mindless Brady jock sniffing ones :)

I can understand those kinds on a Pats forum but not on a Colts forum, you know what I mean.

If it makes you feel any better or maybe worse, the Manning sniffers are on Pats boards too.

I agree with Chad who last week a few times kept saying that "choke" and "clutch" are the most over used words when it comes to QBs. I have fallen in that sort sighted trap myself too sadly.

Fans overreact to a loss and it's even worse in the age of the internet.

But, it is ironic to me that Manning got dragged through the mud for his pick vs. SD and "losing" the first seed and then a few days later Brady ends his game on a pick and "loses" the first seed and gives it right back to Manning. lmao

It's just funny how this Manning/Brady thing all can work........

Personally if they play again this year I was always hoping it would be in Denver to see what this Broncos team can do vs. NE at home for a change. The last two regular season meetings have been in NE.

I agree with Chad who last week a few times kept saying that "choke" and "clutch" are the most over used words when it comes to QBs. I have fallen in that sort sighted trap myself too sadly.

Fans overreact to a loss and it's even worse in the age of the internet.

But, it is ironic to me that Manning got dragged through the mud for his pick vs. SD and "losing" the first seed and then a few days later Brady ends his game on a pick and "loses" the first seed and gives it right back to Manning. lmao

It's just funny how this Manning/Brady thing all can work........

Personally if they play again this year I was always hoping it would be in Denver to see what this Broncos team can do vs. NE at home for a change. The last two regular season meetings have been in NE.

Wanna know what is even funnier?  Manning and Brady could possibly have the opposite of careers with Manning winning with multiple superbowls to end his and Brady not winning another, since Pats have been trending down as of late.  This would be the funniest poetic justice that will ever grace the game of football rofl.  The only thing to make it sweeter would be for Brady to win like 3MVP's and Manning 3 Superbowls so Manning would have more SB's and Brady would have the MVP...  I think 1000's of fans heads would explode at each retirement conference rofl.

Yes.

And aren't you the one that started the thread "Done defending Peyton?"

So, its a Manning thread and i didnt like what he did.

This is a Brady thread. Lets not go to Manning now.

Brady screwed up with 29 seconds left, 19 yards to go, 4 downs available. Just no excuses.

Situational football everyone yaps about in pats land

29 seconds - 4 downs left 19 yard to go, depleted miami secondary.

Brady could not get it done. Period.

Well, the Patriots sure missed Gronk and could have used their taller WR's.

Miami was missing its top 3 DB's.

I'd say it evens out.

Not the way I see it personally, and never has been. It is a team sport... Brady played his part with a few overthrown balls and an interception in the redzone, but he played well overall.... as did Edelman and Amendola. O-Line was poor for the first time in a long time.

"an interception in the redzone" is certainly painting things in an intentional light and removes all context of what actually happened, which is what you want in this case because the context makes the headline seem sensationalized.

Brady lead them down for the go ahead touchdown and put them up 20 to 17.  Ghostkowski kicks ball out of bounds, they get it at 40 yard line, march down the field and score the go ahead touchdown with 1:15 left.

Patriots march 75 yards down the field, including a key 4th down play to sustain the drive.  Amendola drops a perfect TD pass, couldn't secure it in his hands.  Hoomanowanoi (spelling) had a shot at another one but that was a tough catch, but one that Gronk would have made look routine.  Brady overthrew Edelman and hit him just off his fingertips in the back corner.

Then the final play, it was 4th and goal with like 6 seconds left and no timeouts.. It was the last play of the game barring a defensive penalty and it was 4th down, so there is no shot at another down, the only option is to score.  You can't sit there and wait for an open receiver, you can't throw the ball away or play it safe and toss it into the back of the end zone, you can't take a sack because it would be game over and there is a defender that got through the O-line instantly on that play and forced Brady to just have to get rid of the ball and hope for something to work out.  There was simply no time left, no options, it was the last desperation play and when a blitz gets straight through the offensive line, time is up, the ball HAS to come out regardless of if a player is covered well or not.. it HAS to come out, period.

Obviously when you release a ball in those circumstances, its not always going to be an ideal circumstance or outcome. The desperation of the moment is going to force someone to throw the ball in what would otherwise be considered too risky of an option.  Hence the floated passes he made to Amendola, Hoomanawi and Edelman that was placed away from where the defender could get it and allowed them a chance to make a play on the ball.  4th down is a different story and you simply cannot take a sack and you can't throw it away to try again on the next play, ball HAS to be out, and so he just slung it and hoped for the best.. unfortunately it was intercepted, but a sack, an incomplete pass, an offensive penalty or a play that comes up short of the goal line would all have netted the same exact outcome.  They had to execute that final play and they didn't, plain and simple.  

The loss of Gronk is a glaring weakness for this team to go along with Hernandez being in prison.  Brady lead the offense on a 15 and 16 play drives that lasted nearly 7 minutes or so, only to have to settle for a FG.  They were also missing both of their top outside WRs in Thompkins and Dobson.  They had to force Josh Boyce into action (who didnt look all that bad for someone who has barely seen the field or even been active for games most of the year) on the outside and they didn't really try deep almost all game.  All he had to work with was Edelman and Amendola, who are more inside receivers that can work coverages in the middle of the field.  They took quite a few shots and paid the price for some of their catches as well, im glad both of them got out of that game with no injuries.  Their redzone offense has no weapons of any merit, and Shane Vereen was totally shut down as well.

Logan Mankins was forced to move over to Left Tackle because Solder went out of the game with a concussion.  That forced shifts around the offensive line and took Mankins out of his dominant, pro bowl position and into a position he hasn't had to play his entire career here.

Anyone with a brain can see what is happening and see why.  This team is depleted of talent, yet they're still in every single game all the way down to the end every single week.  Sometimes they pull off some miracle comebacks, and sometimes they fall short.  Thats the NFL, especially when they've run into some stiff competition, but at least its experience and they're learning every single week how to win a close game.  

I'm enjoying watching them this season, as frustrating as all of these injuries have been.  They continue to just plug in young rookies and are giving guys opportunities that they wouldn't have otherwise had, so its going to help the team in the long run its just not very fun to go through it in the short term.  

"an interception in the redzone" is certainly painting things in an intentional light and removes all context of what actually happened, which is what you want in this case because the context makes the headline seem sensationalized.

Brady lead them down for the go ahead touchdown and put them up 20 to 17.  Ghostkowski kicks ball out of bounds, they get it at 40 yard line, march down the field and score the go ahead touchdown with 1:15 left.

Patriots march 75 yards down the field, including a key 4th down play to sustain the drive.  Amendola drops a perfect TD pass, couldn't secure it in his hands.  Hoomanowanoi (spelling) had a shot at another one but that was a tough catch, but one that Gronk would have made look routine.  Brady overthrew Edelman and hit him just off his fingertips in the back corner.

Then the final play, it was 4th and goal with like 6 seconds left and no timeouts.. It was the last play of the game barring a defensive penalty and it was 4th down, so there is no shot at another down, the only option is to score.  You can't sit there and wait for an open receiver, you can't throw the ball away or play it safe and toss it into the back of the end zone, you can't take a sack because it would be game over and there is a defender that got through the O-line instantly on that play and forced Brady to just have to get rid of the ball and hope for something to work out.  There was simply no time left, no options, it was the last desperation play and when a blitz gets straight through the offensive line, time is up, the ball HAS to come out regardless of if a player is covered well or not.. it HAS to come out, period.

Obviously when you release a ball in those circumstances, its not always going to be an ideal circumstance or outcome. The desperation of the moment is going to force someone to throw the ball in what would otherwise be considered too risky of an option.  Hence the floated passes he made to Amendola, Hoomanawi and Edelman that was placed away from where the defender could get it and allowed them a chance to make a play on the ball.  4th down is a different story and you simply cannot take a sack and you can't throw it away to try again on the next play, ball HAS to be out, and so he just slung it and hoped for the best.. unfortunately it was intercepted, but a sack, an incomplete pass, an offensive penalty or a play that comes up short of the goal line would all have netted the same exact outcome.  They had to execute that final play and they didn't, plain and simple.  

The loss of Gronk is a glaring weakness for this team to go along with Hernandez being in prison.  Brady lead the offense on a 15 and 16 play drives that lasted nearly 7 minutes or so, only to have to settle for a FG.  They were also missing both of their top outside WRs in Thompkins and Dobson.  They had to force Josh Boyce into action (who didnt look all that bad for someone who has barely seen the field or even been active for games most of the year) on the outside and they didn't really try deep almost all game.  All he had to work with was Edelman and Amendola, who are more inside receivers that can work coverages in the middle of the field.  They took quite a few shots and paid the price for some of their catches as well, im glad both of them got out of that game with no injuries.  Their redzone offense has no weapons of any merit, and Shane Vereen was totally shut down as well.

Logan Mankins was forced to move over to Left Tackle because Solder went out of the game with a concussion.  That forced shifts around the offensive line and took Mankins out of his dominant, pro bowl position and into a position he hasn't had to play his entire career here.

Anyone with a brain can see what is happening and see why.  This team is depleted of talent, yet they're still in every single game all the way down to the end every single week.  Sometimes they pull off some miracle comebacks, and sometimes they fall short.  Thats the NFL, especially when they've run into some stiff competition, but at least its experience and they're learning every single week how to win a close game.  

I'm enjoying watching them this season, as frustrating as all of these injuries have been.  They continue to just plug in young rookies and are giving guys opportunities that they wouldn't have otherwise had, so its going to help the team in the long run its just not very fun to go through it in the short term.  

I should hire you to write my essays.

Long story short, Brady screwed and Pats lost.

Move on.

May I remind you as you deperately attempt to justify a poor throw, and a poor decision, that no matter how many times you attempt to spin it... Brady had plenty of opportunites in the red zone to get it done, and couldn't. He overthrew both passes before that, Amendola may have got finger tips to this first one, but he was never ever catching it.

The interception was post stamped... everyone could see he was going there so it was not difficult for the safety to cut in front of the route... it was a bad throw from someone of Brady's stature.

I understand the concept of situational football just fine, thank you... and I agree, it was irrelevant whether that pass was an incompletions or an interception... but it was not a touchdown.

He has got it done in plenty of the situations before, but did not on this occassions, and will justifiably be blamed for it.

{sorry post came out longer than wanted}

sorry can not agree with you . . . we can always look at picks and analyze them and come to a conclusion as to whether or not fault should lie with the QB . . . and/or to what level . . . we can look at many picks by Brady and Manning and run through them . . . but we need to be consistent with our analysis . . . yes I understand it might be frustrating if others from other fan bases might be more critical of actions by your teams favorite player or favorite player . . . but it does not do any good if you lower yourself to their standards of being inconsistent, one must stay above the fray if you will . . .

if we look at Manning's two picks in the playoff game last year, his arm hit pick last Thursday and the Brady three in question in this thread . . . the OT pick there is really no excuse, however the pick 6 that was floated to Decker coming out of the sun and in traffic is not totally on him, imo, even tho some from a non colts/Denver fan base might advocate . . . the defender came up behind made a play, ball was bobbled and pick 6, so yes Manning threw it in traffic and out of the sun, but it was really a good play by the defender . . .similar his latest pick he was basically starting his act of throwing when the linemen was coming at him, yes he could of tried to abort the throw and in doing so risked a fumble or continue and hope contact, if any, would not be harmful . . . in no man's land (and I mentioned this in Shane's thread earlier this weekend), so not really his fault . ..

Similar with Brady's picks, the Cinn one was willfully short and no excuse (other than the recent rain) . . . the Carolina pick was underthrown by 3-5 yards, yes a defender was coming at him but he could of make a better throw . . . however the last pick, given the situation, was not totally his fault, he is forced to make a throw (last play), his only real option is collie of all people (not to mention the fact that all of his WR are short and white - Gronk, Dobson and Thompkins are out) . . . Amendola might of been an option but he was not in the end zone at the time and even if he caught he could got tackled ala SB 34 and everyone is yelling at that . .. so with collie being the only one in the end zone, your options are severely limited . . . he makes that throw which was aimed at collie facemask (so any inaccuracy on the throw would still be in this catch radius) and the defender makes a play . . .if he throw it higher, less chance collie might caught it as it could sail and the higher throw brings in the defender from behind who can reach up and break up the pass like on the Amendola's throw on 1st down and Decker's played mentioned about . . .

so much as you want to blanket blindly say INT=mistake QB, just like what you claim others do, you are not being consistent unless you also think that all of mannings three picks are totally on him . . . but there are the same . . . you throw the ball, defender makes a play and its a pick 6 . . . I treat them the same, perhaps you do not . . .   

and again if others want to make up things that don't comply with logic (manning's pick 6). . . I always wait for a key point in which logic is on my side (brady's mistake in cinn) or better yet see a pattern like Dustin did and ask for feedback and thoughts . . . my two cents . . .  

No... the reason I called it an interception in the endzone, is because it was an interception in the redzone.

All I'm hearing is excuses. :)

sorry can not agree with you . . . we can always look at picks and analyze them and come to a conclusion as to whether or not fault should lie with the QB . . . and/or to what level . . . we can look at many picks by Brady and Manning and run through them . . . but we need to be consistent with our analysis . . . yes I understand it might be frustrating if others from other fan bases might be more critical of actions by your teams favorite player or favorite player . . . but it does not do any good if you lower yourself to their standards of being inconsistent, one must stay above the fray if you will . . .

if we look at Manning's two picks in the playoff game last year, his arm hit pick last Thursday and the Brady three in question in this thread . . . the OT pick there is really no excuse, however the pick 6 that was floated to Decker coming out of the sun and in traffic is not totally on him, imo, even tho some from a non colts/Denver fan base might advocate . . . the defender came up behind made a play, ball was bobbled and pick 6, so yes Manning threw it in traffic and out of the sun, but it was really a good play by the defender . . .similar his latest pick he was basically starting his act of throwing when the linemen was coming at him, yes he could of tried to abort the throw and in doing so risked a fumble or continue and hope contact, if any, would not be harmful . . . in no man's land (and I mentioned this in Shane's thread earlier this weekend), so not really his fault . ..

Similar with Brady's picks, the Cinn one was willfully short and no excuse (other than the recent rain) . . . the Carolina pick was underthrown by 3-5 yards, yes a defender was coming at him but he could of make a better throw . . . however the last pick, given the situation, was not totally his fault, he is forced to make a throw (last play), his only real option is collie of all people (not to mention the fact that all of his WR are short and white - Gronk, Dobson and Thompkins are out) . . . Amendola might of been an option but he was not in the end zone at the time and even if he caught he could got tackled ala SB 34 and everyone is yelling at that . .. so with collie being the only one in the end zone, your options are severely limited . . . he makes that throw which was aimed at collie facemask (so any inaccuracy on the throw would still be in this catch radius) and the defender makes a play . . .if he throw it higher, less chance collie might caught it as it could sail and the higher throw brings in the defender from behind who can reach up and break up the pass like on the Amendola's throw on 1st down and Decker's played mentioned about . . .

so much as you want to blanket blindly say INT=mistake QB, just like what you claim others do, you are not being consistent unless you also think that all of mannings three picks are totally on him . . . but there are the same . . . you throw the ball, defender makes a play and its a pick 6 . . . I treat them the same, perhaps you do not . . .   

and again if others want to make up things that don't comply with logic (manning's pick 6). . . I always wait for a key point in which logic is on my side (brady's mistake in cinn) or better yet see a pattern like Dustin did and ask for feedback and thoughts . . . my two cents . . .  

The fact that he only has 10 picks on the season is that part that is surreal to me given all the new players he is throwing to and the tattered Oline. He has been pressured and sacked more this season than any other and still he is delivering the ball. He has somehow climbed into the top 5 for yardage with over 4,000 right now which is unbelievable given how few yards he was throwing for the first six games of the season. And still 3 of his picks came while trying to win the game. That is how tight it has been this year and how perfect he has to be for the Pats to win. And that won't change these next two weeks or in the playoffs ...

You're pretty much preaching to the choir here as I think Colt's fans understand situational football just as well, if not better, than many Patriot fans.

The problem is that for years some Patriot fans have been quick to ridicule Peyton . . . especially for playoff losses . . . without taking a closer look at the "situation" that led to some of those losses because doing so would negate their purpose.

So, I think it's easy to understand why Colt's fans are having fun giving Patriot fans a dose of their own medicine and I can't say that I blame them. 

I hear and understand that at sometimes, even though one might lower themselves to others level, you want to fire back as it can be frustrating . . . so understand . . . and it can be tough in the sound bite world for a full analysis of a game or play to be described on the TV or on forums and chat rooms . . .  

But I think it still better to wait for your opportunity . . . and do like Dustin's thread of waiting for a pattern and bring it for discussion is this a foreshadowing of the rest of the season or just a blimp or others . .. . thoughts  . . . I found the thread to be an interesting idea . . .

And yes getting back to Peyton's situation there were two nice articles written on his playoff losses, don't have them handy, but there were nice . . . I enjoyed them . . . and no not all of the losses are on him . . . it is just tough though that when you are the QB you will get the credit sometimes (Tom Brady's MVP SB36) and the criticism sometimes, Peyton's playoff losses . . . as more often than not the other parts of the team helped and/or hurt . . .

as a side note, I know it can be frustrating if you all are just trying to have a peyton thread on something and just have a fun discussion and others come in to crash the party . . .

the only dicey thing about Peyton's playoffs is that there are so many one and dones, likely in disproportion to others (ratio of one and dones to deep runs in playoffs) that sooner or later a few of them will be contributed to him to some degree . . . and this is were the boo birds can get their fire . . . and many will overplay it and say most are on him and blur things . . . regarding this Peyton is in an excellent place to help silence these critics as he is on a solid team that is not likely going to go away soon . . . so we have time yet to see how the final chapters unfold and going to be fun to watch for all . . .   

I see where both of you are coming from.

Yehoodi ( i like this name by the way, never heard it before ) - I think you are just discussing the 4th down throw which Brady has to throw and no other option.

I believe Anthony is referring to the entire down, 4 downs were available at Brady's disposal. DB made a great play on one. 2nd and 3rd could have been better.

Like Brady himself said, it was "shi**y" in red zone.

No... the reason I called it an interception in the endzone, is because it was an interception in the redzone.

yes it was a pick in the end zone, I can not argue with that :)  . . . stats are stats . . .

I just look at things a little different . . . fair enough . . . :thmup:

I hear and understand that at sometimes, even though one might lower themselves to others level, you want to fire back as it can be frustrating . . . so understand . . . and it can be tough in the sound bite world for a full analysis of a game or play to be described on the TV or on forums and chat rooms . . .  

But I think it still better to wait for your opportunity . . . and do like Dustin's thread of waiting for a pattern and bring it for discussion is this a foreshadowing of the rest of the season or just a blimp or others . .. . thoughts  . . . I found the thread to be an interesting idea . . .

And yes getting back to Peyton's situation there were two nice articles written on his playoff losses, don't have them handy, but there were nice . . . I enjoyed them . . . and no not all of the losses are on him . . . it is just tough though that when you are the QB you will get the credit sometimes (Tom Brady's MVP SB36) and the criticism sometimes, Peyton's playoff losses . . . as more often than not the other parts of the team helped and/or hurt . . .

as a side note, I know it can be frustrating if you all are just trying to have a peyton thread on something and just have a fun discussion and others come in to crash the party . . .

the only dicey thing about Peyton's playoffs is that there are so many one and dones, likely in disproportion to others (ratio of one and dones to deep runs in playoffs) that sooner or later a few of them will be contributed to him to some degree . . . and this is were the boo birds can get their fire . . . and many will overplay it and say most are on him and blur things . . . regarding this Peyton is in an excellent place to help silence these critics as he is on a solid team that is not likely going to go away soon . . . so we have time yet to see how the final chapters unfold and going to be fun to watch for all . . .   

Well said,  as usual, and   I do respect you and always stop to read what you write.    You are always well spoken and fair.

I apologized earlier, for my outburst of celebration on Sunday.    My son and I both said to each other,   what has this come to when we're more excited about the Pats losing than any other game today...???     Sometimes  emotions just take over.... 

I really enjoy the rivalry, the intense competitions,  and I will miss it when Peyton and Tom retire.   Being honest here.   It's been a great Run with these two.

I see where both of you are coming from.

Yehoodi ( i like this name by the way, never heard it before ) - I think you are just discussing the 4th down throw which Brady has to throw and no other option.

I believe Anthony is referring to the entire down, 4 downs were available at Brady's disposal. DB made a great play on one. 2nd and 3rd could have been better.

Like Brady himself said, it was "shi**y" in red zone.

I will respond to this and not your earlier post which I was going to get to but do not have to now as you are saying the same things . .  .

correct I agree with your post and in spirit 95% of Anton's points and sentiment . . . I know sometimes he likes to yank AM's chain and in doing so may stray from things that I might do or think, fair enough point taken . . . ever fan base needs their soldiers and generals to do the discussion on the web . . .

and yes if divide up the series from last play things are different imo . . .

regarding the possession one caveat Brady did drive them at the 4 min mark and then had to drive them again for the last possession so there is only some much you can ask, you can not get them all . . . however with that said they did have it in the red zone with time for four plays . . . perhaps he could of thrown in underneath for one sideline throw, used the last time better, made a better throw to Homan . . . but he did make a good throw to Amendola and to some degree did his job here . . . but agreed something better could of been done on that series . ..

regarding the last pick, you know my thoughts on that . ..

regarding my nick, its from a website yehoodi.com, a swing dance website and in turn is from a Cab Calloway song Who's Yehoodi . . . I love to swing dance (lindy hop - 1940s American dancing) and came home from a swing dance came (Swing out New Hampshire) about 10 years ago and was on the site discussing things and at the same time was playing Battlefield 1942 (which is still play) and need a good name for the game and chose that one and since then use it for the most part anywhere I travel on the web . . . come to find out it means Jewish in Hebrew and Arabic, but I am Catholic and not Jewish, so be it.

Well said,  as usual, and   I do respect you and always stop to read what you write.    You are always well spoken and fair.

I apologized earlier, for my outburst of celebration on Sunday.    My son and I both said to each other,   what has this come to when we're more excited about the Pats losing than any other game today...???     Sometimes  emotions just take over.... 

I really enjoy the rivalry, the intense competitions,  and I will miss it when Peyton and Tom retire.   Being honest here.   It's been a great Run with these two.

thank you for your kind words, I try my best and I enjoy posting here and enjoy many of you including yourself . . . although sometimes do not have the time to post and on occasion do not always respond to some . . . but if one can not be as fair and balance as one can then what do we really have in the end . . . what is is and we can not control that and just have to enjoy what we have . . . we are blessed with two great QBs, who at the same age and situation (same conf/strong teams) have faced off in some epic battles and have do so for over a decade . . . invaribility we will always get the my guy is better than your guy . . . it start when sports started and has just moved from the general store checker table to the internet . . .

and sometimes fans can find themselves cheering against their rival, I have done it myself at time too . . .  :)  

thanks again for your words, I always enjoy coming here and why this is my "home" site, and come here most often on the web . . .

The fact that he only has 10 picks on the season is that part that is surreal to me given all the new players he is throwing to and the tattered Oline. He has been pressured and sacked more this season than any other and still he is delivering the ball. He has somehow climbed into the top 5 for yardage with over 4,000 right now which is unbelievable given how few yards he was throwing for the first six games of the season. And still 3 of his picks came while trying to win the game. That is how tight it has been this year and how perfect he has to be for the Pats to win. And that won't change these next two weeks or in the playoffs ...

I hear yah . . . we all know regarding the playoffs all it takes it one game like mia/car/cin and we loose, so we see what happens, we can go 12-4 and still loose . . . alas, we have lower margin for error given the reduction in the weapons that we have and so we maybe in the late game position in the playoff . .. . and yes like I mentioned we are 10-1 in our back pocket and have three games in which we are in position to win . .. and even that one loss is the close OT loss to the jets . . .

surely some may have their thoughts, as I do, on the Carolina and Cinn games, but outside of that, most would not believe we have come as far as we have given our roster outside of our coach and QB . . . there will be some in the media that will not give Brady the credit that he deserves . . .  

I appreciate you writing this all out... it's basically the "correct" response to a thread intended to playfully troll Pats fans. Everything you wrote is true and an accurate representation of what happened. If it's 4th down with no time on the clock and no one open, tossing it up there is still a QB's best bet. Like I said, this type of INT doesn't bother me much. The one Stafford threw last night (with 38 seconds to go, trailing by less than a FG, with three timeouts left) is the type that bothers me. Brady's INT at the end of the Miami game was for all intents and purposes a 20-yard Hail Mary.

One thing to add... not only are the Pats missing Gronk in the Red Zone (badly), they really don't even have an "average" pass-catching TE on the roster who can help in those spots. If they had a Joe Fauria type, or a middle-tier, role-player-type guy, they'd be better off. But basically you go from the NFL's top-Red Zone threat to... well, nothing. No options at TE. Hoo-man made a nice catch early in that game but he doesn't have the size, speed, the tools, or the ability to do that consistently.

Hopefully when they get Thompkins and Dobson back things will pick up a bit. When you're inside the 20, having smaller receivers like Edelman, Amendola, and Boyce is a huge disadvantage. 

It was the last play of the game, so regardless of where it was in context it is not the same as throwing a pick in the redzone earlier in the game on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd down, or throwing a pick while trying to drive up the field to score.  

If he threw it and it went incomplete, nobody would be talking about it yet it would have been the exact same outcome, a loss.  If he held the ball for another .2 seconds, he would have been sacked and they would have lost.  If he tried to run it himself and doesn't make it into the endzone they would have lost.  If an offensive player committed a penalty they would have lost.

Its funny because last week before this happened, we were having a discussion in a thread about the CONTEXT of interceptions, so I do find it humorous that people are trying to emphasize this "redzone" interception as some sort of ammo or evidence of a "choke."  

Had Brady thrown an interception on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd down while trying to march up the field, you would have a case.  The last, desperate play of the game where the offensive line let a blitzer right through without even slowing him down?  Not so much.

I think it is a lot. He has none of his targets from last year. All new guys and yet he threw for 364 today with two receivers over a hundred. No Gronk hurts the most in the red zone was my point but they showed they can compete and win games so no excuses but he is missed down there.

I believed Brady was the GOAT prior to this season so that really does not change whether he wins or loses next week.

Hahahaha