Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If I Made The Game Plan For This Week

basketballsteve

If I made the game plan for this week, my first possession would be no huddle, with 3 WRs (TY, Lavon and Da'rick). I would run as much hurry up offense/no huddle as possible in the first half. I would tell the offense we are going to play from the opening kick as if we are already down 21-0 and now we need to move the ball quickly down the field to get back in the game. I would keep the O-Line from the Cincy game intact as that was the best pass blocking we've had in a while. I would try to stay out of third downs and get bigger chunks by running deeper routes with all three WRs. I would run the ball from audibles when the box was "unstacked". I would run at least 2 or 3 gadget or trick plays.

I think every team we have played this year knows our game plan is always the same, every single week, try to run, conservative play calling to start and take small chunks to get to third and short. My primary purposes for this game plan was to get as much work as possible for the young receivers but more importantly, Make Kansas City wonder what we will do next week when we play then. Will we go back to conservative for them or sling it. Give them more to prepare for.

What would your game plan look like?

I think we use more Rogers over mid over the middle type routes while lining up on the same side with DHB to have him run short slants inside short middle and as a blocker in the route too. Line up lavon and TY outside having TY running a slant over top of DHB and lavon running aup to take off the top and letting Trich come out ofvthe back field to the same side where DHB and Rogers and Lavon just left ( should be a void left and LB coverage left over in the flat. DHB sucks down field but he is a very good blocker and will still require a cb or at least a safety on him and he seems to be ok at catching the ball on short slants moving with the ball out front of him.. I think he can catch the ball if his brain doesn't confuse him as to want think do I jump to catch it, let it hit my body or try to hand catch it, too much for him to process but if its a hands catch or nothing else, he can do it.

We have game plan to the strengths of our players and quit making them do things they can't do. If DHB proves he can't do that stuff, just flip flop him for Fleener, he is 10 times the pass catcher but not as good of a blocker.

I think we should save the unexpected for the playoffs. Go vanilla this next 3 weeks just working the timing of the new receivers and   

Luck, try to gel the best offensive line and give everything we got in the playoffs.

Ha I've been secretly hoping that this has been the coaches gameplan since the Broncos game!!!

If I made the game plan for this week, my first possession would be no huddle, with 3 WRs (TY, Lavon and Da'rick). I would run as much hurry up offense/no huddle as possible in the first half. I would tell the offense we are going to play from the opening kick as if we are already down 21-0 and now we need to move the ball quickly down the field to get back in the game. I would keep the O-Line from the Cincy game intact as that was the best pass blocking we've had in a while. I would try to stay out of third downs and get bigger chunks by running deeper routes with all three WRs. I would run the ball from audibles when the box was "unstacked". I would run at least 2 or 3 gadget or trick plays.

I think every team we have played this year knows our game plan is always the same, every single week, try to run, conservative play calling to start and take small chunks to get to third and short. My primary purposes for this game plan was to get as much work as possible for the young receivers but more importantly, Make Kansas City wonder what we will do next week when we play then. Will we go back to conservative for them or sling it. Give them more to prepare for.

My game plan would be to try and protect Luck from J.J. Watt at all cost. Letting that big guy lose could cost you a season or a career. If you come out passing like that, I think Watt will have a field day knocking down passes and attacking Luck which could be unlucky for the Colts.   :D

My game plan would be to try and protect Luck from J.J. Watt at all cost. Letting that big guy lose could cost you a season or a career. If you come out passing like that, I think Watt will have a field day knocking down passes and attacking Luck which could be unlucky for the Colts.   :D

He didn't have a field day in the second half of the game at Houston. Our regular way is to try to score with a 10-12 play drive (more chances for JJ to get to Luck) and I advocate no huddle score as quickly as possible like the 2 quick strikes to TY in Houston (less chances for JJ).

I don't mind any of the other stuff, even if it is kind of gimmicky. But there's no need to run deep routes with every receiver. Rogers and Brazill proved that they can make plays if you get them the ball. Shake them open underneath and give them a chance.

We have to get the run game going. Someway, somehow, we need to run the ball at least 25 times.

COLTS win's:

Oak - 26 rush's 127 yard's

49rs - 40 - 184

Jax - 30 -157

Sea - 29 - 109

Den - 31 - 121

Hou - 14 - 69 (only win without 25 or more rush's)

Tenn - 32 -137

Tenn - 25 - 104

COLTS Loss :

Mia - 26 rush's - 133 yard's (only game with more than 25 rush's and lose, also had bogus call on Wayne wiping out a TD)

SD - 17 - 74

Rams - 14 - 18

AZ - 15 - 80

Cin - 12 - 63

I know it's hard to get the run game going when you spot the other team big lead's in the first half, but, they need to find a way to get it done.

I think we use more Rogers over mid over the middle type routes while lining up on the same side with DHB to have him run short slants inside short middle and as a blocker in the route too. Line up lavon and TY outside having TY running a slant over top of DHB and lavon running aup to take off the top and letting Trich come out ofvthe back field to the same side where DHB and Rogers and Lavon just left ( should be a void left and LB coverage left over in the flat. DHB sucks down field but he is a very good blocker and will still require a cb or at least a safety on him and he seems to be ok at catching the ball on short slants moving with the ball out front of him.. I think he can catch the ball if his brain doesn't confuse him as to want think do I jump to catch it, let it hit my body or try to hand catch it, too much for him to process but if its a hands catch or nothing else, he can do it.

We have game plan to the strengths of our players and quit making them do things they can't do. If DHB proves he can't do that stuff, just flip flop him for Fleener, he is 10 times the pass catcher but not as good of a blocker.

FeenR is a good blocker. Few watch him block in slo-mo, the Only way to see the true effect. Jack Doyle is VG.

I think we should not run goaline offense on our own 20 yd line that might help. .. The no huddle/hurry up is fine the problem with that is pass catching. .. 3 incomplete passes take approximately 10-15 secs off the clock meaning we will be giving the ball to Houston at 14:45-14:40.... Not good and quite frankly that's pretty much what we do except we run twice then pass incomplete.

Tbh game plan is simple vs Texans if you watched them not only vs us but other teams they cannot defend the deep ball...Hilton is def a killer to their def but every game they get beat deep for a td I'd take advantage of that since we have so much speed

I don't mind any of the other stuff, even if it is kind of gimmicky. But there's no need to run deep routes with every receiver. Rogers and Brazill proved that they can make plays if you get them the ball. Shake them open underneath and give them a chance.

Agreed.

This is exactly how I want us to play minus the deeper routes... our receiving core is built of YAC, even DHB has made his best plays this year from screens and slants before putting on the jets for 10 extra yards.

This type of system also spreads out the defense allowing more space for the RB's down the middle.