Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's time to shake this team up a bit.

pac2

I think maybe a little bit of a shake up is needed for this team to get out of this funk. Bench Satele (can't block in the run game ) and Bey ( can't do much of anything), and maybe go no-huddle from the start. This ground and pound is falling flat right now and the defense is getting behind so quickly, we have to abandon it anyway. We are predictable right now. Luck has ZERO confidence in Bey right now, he is targeting Hilton and Fleener and every defense knows it. Put in Hilton, Brazil and Rogers, spread the field, DO SOMETHING!!! And, for Pete's sake, get Reed off of kick returns. Show us that you are trying to kick start this team!!!!!       :scratch:

What?

DHB caught nearly everything thrown his way today. 

Our defense is putting us in a bad spot right now. Hard to establish any rhythm on offense when the defense is on the field all of the time.

Arian's capitalized on our exposed defense today and that had nothing to do with DHB.

If we do anything different with DHB, then maybe we should send him deep more often to stretch the safety's out of the box. 

As long as Pagano is the head coach those guys are gonna start, he's too loyal to his players and too nice of a coach. Instead of getting on them when they make mistakes he pats them on the back like they just scored a touchdown.

Yeah, sometimes the HC has to do some butt-kicking and tough changes but it does not look like Pagano has the stones or temperament to do it.....fatal flaw in a head coach.

Yeah, sometimes the HC has to do some butt-kicking and tough changes but it does not look like Pagano has the stones or temperament to do it.....fatal flaw in a head coach.

I hope that's not the case but sure does look like Pagano is one of those coaches who doesn't get the definition of insanity as we keep seeing same thing every week. 

I'm all for a shake up.

What?

Our defense is putting us in a bad spot right now. Hard to establish any rhythm on offense when the defense is on the field all of the time.

Arian's capitalized on our exposed defense today and that had nothing to do with DHB.

If we do anything different with DHB, then maybe we should send him deep more often to stretch the safety's out of the box. 

are u serious dhb caught everything you must not  not watch the game

From and x's and o's standpoint is just as bad if not worse. From a scale of 1-10 as far as head coaches Belicheck and Sean Peyton are the only 10's. Gruden is a 8, Arians is a 6 and Pagano is about a 3. We've just being out coached in about 85% of games this year that's why we have these slow starts.

I think maybe a little bit of a shake up is needed for this team to get out of this funk. Bench Satele (can't block in the run game ) and Bey ( can't do much of anything), and maybe go no-huddle from the start. This ground and pound is falling flat right now and the defense is getting behind so quickly, we have to abandon it anyway. We are predictable right now. Luck has ZERO confidence in Bey right now, he is targeting Hilton and Fleener and every defense knows it. Put in Hilton, Brazil and Rogers, spread the field, DO SOMETHING!!! And, for Pete's sake, get Reed off of kick returns. Show us that you are trying to kick start this team!!!!!       :scratch:

Yep...Hilton, Brazill, Rogers in...Reed OUT...Satele OUT, McGlynn at C....Trent sits for a game(or more).

Nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain.

are u serious dhb caught everything you must not  not watch the game

I am not sure how a person can make the statement that you just did. That said; several years of participating in Colts message boards helps me to not be surprised that someone would write what you just did.

I don't think benching those guys is the right call... but a players-only meeting might be a good place to start. Nothing against the coaching staff at all-- I just want to see Andrew take control and let people know what has to be done.

Yes some tough love from guys like Redding and Mathis is needed in a players only meeting on defense. Yes Andrew needs to do some butt kicking to. 

From and x's and o's standpoint is just as bad if not worse. From a scale of 1-10 as far as head coaches Belicheck and Sean Peyton are the only 10's. Gruden is a 8, Arians is a 6 and Pagano is about a 3. We've just being out coached in about 85% of games this year that's why we have these slow starts.

Hmmmmmm....I wonder what Jon Gruden is doing next year...he would probably like to coach Andrew...many don't like him but he would be miles ahead of Pagano and he is very good at teaching QBs.

The more I watch Pagano on the sidelines, the more he looks lost and not knowing what to do next.

You are right, its hard to establish a rhythm on offense when you are constantly going 3 and out. Not saying we played stellar D whatsoever, but when its 3 and out every other series, or more, what do you expect them to do on D?

You are right, its hard to establish a rhythm on offense when you are constantly going 3 and out. Not saying we played stellar D whatsoever, but when its 3 and out every other series, or more, what do you expect them to do on D?

We do not have the talent on offense to avoid having some 3 and outs a few times a game. 

What?

I agree and disagree. Our defense has been below average at best since the Denver game. Can't get off the field and put the ball in Lucks hands.. But at the same time, we have to establish something early when we have the ball. 3 and outs to start a game are just disheartening.. Have to get something going quick and hopefully both sides will feed off each other

We do not have the talent on offense to avoid having some 3 and outs a few times a game. 

Not saying they should never have one or a few a game, but havent you seen the stats, in the last 4 games the Colts have been outscored like 92-13 or something. A big part of that is the ineptness of the offense, and way too many 3 and outs. 

The D sucked. Couldnt tackle, couldnt stop the Cards on 3rd down. But the offense gets the ball, goes 3 and out, and puts the D right back out there. 

Hmmmmmm....I wonder what Jon Gruden is doing next year...he would probably like to coach Andrew...many don't like him but he would be miles ahead of Pagano and he is very good at teaching QBs.

The more I watch Pagano on the sidelines, the more he looks lost and not knowing what to do next.

I would be the happiest man on the forum if we got Gruden. Pagano is a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. Period.

I agree and disagree. Our defense has been below average at best since the Denver game. Can't get off the field and put the ball in Lucks hands.. But at the same time, we have to establish something early when we have the ball. 3 and outs to start a game are just disheartening.. Have to get something going quick and hopefully both sides will feed off each other

Arizona had the ball 10 times and scored on 7 of those possessions. 70% is not acceptable. 

Not saying they should never have one or a few a game, but havent you seen the stats, in the last 4 games the Colts have been outscored like 92-13 or something. A big part of that is the ineptness of the offense, and way too many 3 and outs. 

The D sucked. Couldnt tackle, couldnt stop the Cards on 3rd down. But the offense gets the ball, goes 3 and out, and puts the D right back out there. 

I have seen the stats more than I care too.

Now ask yourself how many stops the Colts defense has made in the first half of those 4 games?

Arizona had the ball 10 times and scored on 7 of those possessions. 70% is not acceptable. 

Trust me I know, watched every second. I did say our defense cannot get off the field on 3rd downs.

But at the same time, our offense has to get something going early and keep the D off the field for more than 3 plays. I know 3 and outs are part of the game and we don't have the talent to avoid them for 4 quarters.. But geez

Time to face the fact that Trent Richardson is a bust.  Heyward-Bey is not a big play receiver and the rest of the receiving corps is marginal at best.  What happened to the secondary?  Defensive calls are as bad as the offense.  Time for some heads to roll.  Looks to me like Grigson is in his sophomore slump!

You know...That is complete nonsense. You can't handle it? Look closely at my avatar, do you see pompoms on me? You want honesty or you want a blind cheerleader? Wake the hell up.

Lol. Its not nonsense...at all. This is paganos first full year. This is year two of a rebuild project. The defense had five new starters this year and a new offensive scheme is being installed. We have a number of key starters on IR. Despite all this the colts are 7-4, comfortably leading the division and are currently the #2 seed in the AFC yet people want to fire coaches and start over...again. smh

Lol. Its not nonsense...at all. This is paganos first full year. This is year two of a rebuild project. The defense had five new starters this year and a new offensive scheme is being installed. We have a number of key starters on IR. Despite all this the colts are 7-4, comfortably leading the division and are currently the #2 seed in the AFC yet people want to fire coaches and start over...again. smh

What have you seen that gives you confidence that Chuck knows how to get the most out of his available players?  We won some games, big deal.. The ones we have lost and the way we have lost them speak volumes more.  Even the games where we came back from to win, were very disappointing when you consider the quality of play.  

I like Chuck, much more so than Caldwell, but I still don't think he is anywhere near the coach the BA was and is.

As for the fair weather fan comment, that is nonsense.  I have bled Colts Blue for as long as I have known what a football was, and have watched or listened to every game to the very last for the last 35 years,  Can you say that?

Reed needs to go. At some point you have to let Rogers see the field. We need another receiver, and someone with good hands. McGlynn and Satele need to lose their jobs immediately. Brown needs to see more snaps too. Hell put in both backs at the same time. Luck needs to be able to unleash a few more passes. Go deep young man.

What have you seen that gives you confidence that Chuck knows how to get the most out of his available players? We won some games, big deal.. The ones we have lost and the way we have lost them speak volumes more. Even the games where we came back from to win, were very disappointing when you consider the quality of play.

I like Chuck, much more so than Caldwell, but I still don't think he is anywhere near the coach the BA was and is.

As for the fair weather fan comment, that is nonsense. I have bled Colts Blue for as long as I have known what a football was, and have watched or listened to every game to the very last for the last 35 years, Can you say that?

The words "fair weather fan" were no where in my post

I believe the coaches are at fault here the players feed off the coaches during the week so that they may prepare for each game but if the coaches are not sure how to use certain players  to their strength in different situtions and get maxium effort on each play, that just tells me the coaches are not preparing the players and or preparing for the game correctly, 

What?

dhb is horrible.  which is why he is hardly ever targeted

What have you seen that gives you confidence that Chuck knows how to get the most out of his available players?  We won some games, big deal.. The ones we have lost and the way we have lost them speak volumes more.  Even the games where we came back from to win, were very disappointing when you consider the quality of play.  

As for the fair weather fan comment, that is nonsense.  I have bled Colts Blue for as long as I have known what a football was, and have watched or listened to every game to the very last for the last 35 years,  Can you say that?

I can say for 20 years.  As im not as old as you apparently.  But I'm also not the one turning on a team who is struggling for the first time in over a decade.  Wonder what you would be saying in the years prior to manning if this board was around then.  During Harbaughs years? During Georges years?   If anyone would be turning like you are it should be me.  As i have experienced, during my older and better understanding years, more manning and winning years than losing years.