Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McGlynn has broken thumb.

1959Colts

Mcgylnn and satele suck i say bench them both , and play holmes and Reitz shuffle the line, cherilus to lt, castonzo to rt , or lg and reitz to rt thorton to rg holmes in a center u have to try something new keep jogging the same 5 out thier and keeo getting the same results u have to try some thing , and it dont matter cause it cant be worst than the product this oline has bin all season

why on earth would you swap the tackles? Come on man

well thr ravens did it the yr tgey won superbowl , but constanzo is good run blocker ghoster is good pass blocker etc....there traits seem to be what is needed for the opposite sides

The tackles are not the problem. Shuffle the interior linemen, leave Castonzo and Cherilus alone.

The tackles are not the problem. Shuffle the interior linemen, leave Castonzo and Cherilus alone.

I have mentioned Thornton to the right and Reitz to the left, but I am not sure Link is not better suited than Thornton at this point. Since his injury, he really seems timid out there.

I am for anything that helps, and would support McGlynn at center as well if his fracture was not on his right hand.   :pass:  :pass:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts:!!!!

we wont find the answer to our O Line problems this year, so just pick an O linemans name on the team...any O Lineman thats not already a starter and/or healthy enough to play.....none are the answer this year so just put someone in and go with what we got or release any one of these guys below and sign any one of these O Linemen

Release(1 of these players)

Jalil Brown

Ricardo Matthews

Mario Harvey

Larry Asante

David Reed

Signing(one of these O Linemen)

Kasey Studdard

Leonard Davis

If healthy of course and can afford it

David Reed needs to be released regardless of who we pick up. He has the worst judgment I have ever seen on kick returns. He doesn't learn from his mistakes, and he has no burst. I have seen nothing from him at the WR spot to warrant a spot on the team.

David Reed needs to be released regardless of who we pick up. He has the worst judgment I have ever seen on kick returns. He doesn't learn from his mistakes, and he has no burst. I have seen nothing from him at the WR spot to warrant a spot on the team.

For some reason he is 'charmed' and remains on the 53 roster.

They did, actually

no they didn't

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000000131485/article/michael-oher-baltimore-ravens-offensive-line-find-the-right-look

They moved Oher to right tackle, inserted Bryant McKinnie at left tackle, and moved their right tackle to left guard. They didn't swap their tackles, but they did change both tackle spots.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000000131485/article/michael-oher-baltimore-ravens-offensive-line-find-the-right-look

They moved Oher to right tackle, inserted Bryant McKinnie at left tackle, and moved their right tackle to left guard. They didn't swap their tackles, but they did change both tackle spots.

yep.

They didn't swap their tackles at all

What they did isn't that far off. Point is, swapping tackles isn't outside the realm of possibility. I don't think we should do that, but it's not the strangest thing I've ever heard of.

they didn't swap tackles. Which was my point. Swapping our tackles makes no sense

there is nothing to debate. It never happened

Superman pretty much summed it up. The Ravens did shuffle 3/5th's of their line and had new starters at both tackle positions. Don't know why this is such a big deal to you, or why you feel the need to word pinch the fact that they didn't "swap" tackles in the literal sense. Bottom line is, it was just as drastic a shakeup and yielded positive results, which was the original point to begin with

Superman pretty much summed it up. The Ravens did shuffle 3/5th's of their line and had new starters at both tackle positions. Don't know why this is such a big deal to you, or why you feel the need to word pinch the fact that they didn't "swap" tackles in the literal sense. Bottom line is, it was just as drastic a shakeup and yielded positive results, which was the original point to begin with

no

That guy said we should swap tackles like the ravens did last year. They didn't do that.

Superman was kind enough to prove that I was correct. That is exactly how it played out. And that was the point.

no

That guy said we should swap tackles like the ravens did last year. They didn't do that.

Superman was kind enough to prove that I was correct. That is exactly how it played out. And that was the point.

Oh my god, grow up. You're just here to argue. We're talking semantics. I'm done bickering with you because this really is a pointless topic and you're more caught up in being right than you are trying to understand what the next person is trying to say. Have fun with that

Texans fans cheering Matt Schuab's injury got them Case Keenum who's playing well. So if we have to cheer Satele & Mcglynn injuries to get Logan Mankins then I'm all for it

It's really getting old watching Andrew Luck get smacked more than RB & WR who're supposed to be hit more than he is. At first I blamed Bruce Arians offense but now even with a dink & dunk offense it's still the same results

Good thing you don't watch them games then, you don't have to see it. ;)

they didn't swap tackles. Which was my point. Swapping our tackles makes no sense

There are plenty of examples of tackles swapping sides. Doug Free and Tyron Smith did it last year in Dallas.

Our tackles are playing well so there is no reason to change them, but the concept is hardly as inconceivable as you are making it out to be.

There are plenty of examples of tackles swapping sides. Doug Free and Tyron Smith did it last year in Dallas.

Our tackles are playing well so there is no reason to change them, but the concept is hardly as inconceivable as you are making it out to be.

it is inconceivable that the colts do it.

Oh my god, grow up. You're just here to argue. We're talking semantics. I'm done bickering with you because this really is a pointless topic and you're more caught up in being right than you are trying to understand what the next person is trying to say. Have fun with that

i want other people to be right. Which is why I corrected the other poster

just making sure the facts are straight.

If someone said angerer was a rb, which is wrong, it needs to be corrected

No, I believe from the above quote it is clear that you attempted to correlate the fact that, because the Ravens did not technically swap tackles, that the concept was irrational and therefore could not be applied.

Perhaps if you had explained you position instead of simply stating 'no they didn't'... and went on to tell us why you believe the tackles should not swap, instead of your unnecessary snarkiness... then people may be a little more endeared toward the points you make. :)

Kevin Bowen ‏@KBowenColts 3h

Chuck Pagano said Mike McGlynn has a fracture in the thumb. Cast it up and he's day-to-day

Colts RG Mike McGlynn sustained a fracture in his thumb during Sunday's Week 10 loss to St. Louis.

Coach Chuck Pagano said McGlynn will get the digit casted up and then be listed as day to day. We've seen interior linemen play with clubs consistently, but the Colts are on a short week as they'll face the Titans on Thursday night. Consider the struggling McGlynn questionable

Kevin Bowen ‏@KBowenColts 3h

Pagano on OL group: "We will continue to look at every area of our football team and address things that need to be addressed."

no luck ( not a pun )

No, I believe from the above quote it is clear that you attempted to correlate the fact that, because the Ravens did not technically swap tackles, that the concept was irrational and therefore could not be applied.

Perhaps if you had explained you position instead of simply stating 'no they didn't'... and went on to tell us why you believe the tackles should not swap, instead of your unnecessary snarkiness... then people may be a little more endeared toward the points you make. :)

it wasn't snarkiness

Just correcting incorrect information

so being correct is being snarky

Gotcha

Lol, his point pretty much remained the same whether you corrected him or not....they shuffled the line and ended up with tackles playing in different spots. And you didn't exactly correct him anyway, you told him he was wrong instead of explaining why he was wrong.

You must not be right too often, because you are really milking it.

Lol, his point pretty much remained the same whether you corrected him or not....they shuffled the line and ended up with tackles playing in different spots. And you didn't exactly correct him anyway, you told him he was wrong instead of explaining why he was wrong.

You must not be right too often, because you are really milking it.

i accept your apology haha