Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 11/05 "Twosday Twofer"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   Enjoy twodays "Twosday Twofer":

:blueshoe:   Which AFC South team stands to give us the most competition for the division crown ?

:blueshoe:   There is a disturbing situation playing out for the Miami Dolphins the past 10 days or so.  RT Jonathan Martin abruptly left the Dolphins after a lunchroom "prank".  Later - allegations and evidence of bullying by LG Richie Incognito surfaced leading to his suspension from the team.

What actions do you think the Miami Dolphins - and - the NFL Commissioner should take to address not only this situation - but - the issue at large ?

We pretty much have the division wrapped up, barring a collapse.

Well, Miami isn't allowing him to take another snap with them. I do think he should be able to play again in the NFL, obviously. Not letting him play would be truly foolish. He could be a bad guy, but this guys trained hard for years so that he could make money. Suspending him forever (not gonna happen) would ruin his life. 

That being said, it might be awhile till a team wants to pick him up. 

We pretty much have the division wrapped up, barring a collapse.

Well, Miami isn't allowing him to take another snap with them. I do think he should be able to play again in the NFL, obviously. Not letting him play would be truly foolish. He could be a bad guy, but this guys trained hard for years so that he could make money. Suspending him forever (not gonna happen) would ruin his life. 

That being said, it might be awhile till a team wants to pick him up.

No, if the Titans beat us twice, they have a chance to win the division.

That would be the epitome of a collapse. No way we lose twice to the Titans. In fact I'll go out on a limb and say we win both games in pretty easy fashion.

You do realize the Titans are good right? Good defense, CJ2K just had a breakout game, and Locker has shown flashes before he got hurt.

If Tennessee wins out, they win the division. They need no help, they just have to win. Indy MUST beat them at least once, or the door is wide open.

You do realize the Titans are good right? Good defense, CJ2K just had a breakout game, and Locker has shown flashes before he got hurt.

If Tennessee wins out, they win the division. They need no help, they just have to win. Indy MUST beat them at least once, or the door is wide open.

I know their good, but were good too. A good amount better. Also, the Titans are an average/slightly above average team. Their not going to go 8-0 to finish the season. 

I know their good, but were good too. A good amount better. Also, the Titans are an average/slightly above average team. Their not going to go 8-0 to finish the season.

Their schedule for the last 8 games:

Jaguars

Colts (Thursday Night)

@Raiders

@Colts

@Broncos

Cardinals

@Jaguars

Texans

There is a really tough road stretch in there, but its not impossible. They have a good shot to take the Thursday game in Nashville as well, as their sunday opponent in Jacksonville is much easier than Indy's in St. Louis. Dont be shocked if they take the division race to the wire.

All that said, if the Colts win the next 4 games, and Houston loses one in that stretch, the division is mathematically clinched in week 13. This has become the most important quarter of the season.

Tennessee is the only possible threat to us now. Houston would have to win out to have a chance at beating us, and Jax.. Must I even address the Jags?

:lol:  :funny:  lmao  The Jags are so sad...If you asked me, SW1 what would you rather do bring back NFL Europe or watch a Jags game? I'd say...Sure, I'll fly over to Germany, listen to some horrible techno music, & watch Oliver Luck entertain me with a crazy carnival act. Anything, but a mind numbing, incompetent JAGs game. 

I have never viewed Tennessee as a threat. Houston is the only real threat. Jake Locker is a bleeping joke. Next question. 

Regarding the Miami situation: I understand the warrior & gladiator mentality in locker rooms. Why would Incognito ridicule a teammate that he needs to help him win games down the stretch as the season progresses? It makes virtually no sense. Cut Incognito loose. I also wanna know what the HC knew & when did he know it? Yes, I realize that HC have many obligations to tend to as part of their daily duties, but HCs need a  few veterans in that locker room that can give them a pulse of what is going on across the entire team & Joe Philbin's leadership capabilities leaves a lot to be desired. He brought up his kids and their school environment at one press conference I heard. Who cares about that? This is about the Miami Dolphins & your ability to solve problems & put out small fires before they escalate into something you can no longer monitor, contain, & control. 

Their schedule for the last 8 games:

Jaguars

Colts (Thursday Night)

@Raiders

@Colts

@Broncos

Cardinals

@Jaguars

Texans

There is a really tough road stretch in there, but its not impossible. They have a good shot to take the Thursday game in Nashville as well, as their sunday opponent in Jacksonville is much easier than Indy's in St. Louis. Dont be shocked if they take the division race to the wire.

All that said, if the Colts win the next 4 games, and Houston loses one in that stretch, the division is mathematically clinched in week 13. This has become the most important quarter of the season.

I think they'll win all their games but the 2 vs. us and the Broncos game. The 2 Jags games should be easily winnable especially without Blackmon though those other 3 games could be tough. I still think they win them and go 5-3 down the stretch and have a 9-7 record.

Also, do you really think we wont win at home on Sunday?

The Thursday night game should be good though, only because of the elusiveness of Locker. We suck against mobile QB's. 

I think they'll win all their games but the 2 vs. us and the Broncos game. The 2 Jags games should be easily winnable especially without Blackmon though those other 3 games could be tough. I still think they win them and go 5-3 down the stretch and have a 9-7 record.

Also, do you really think we wont win at home on Sunday?

The Thursday night game should be good though, only because of the elusiveness of Locker. We suck against mobile QB's.

I didnt say we wouldnt win on Sunday, just that its harder. The Titans dont need a full week to prepare for the Jags if were perfectly honest. They will have a home game against us where they are likely fresher. The Thursday night game in Nashville is just terrifying all around.

:blueshoe:   Enjoy twodays "Twosday Twofer":

:blueshoe:   Which AFC South team stands to give us the most competition for the division crown ?

:blueshoe:   There is a disturbing situation playing out for the Miami Dolphins the past 10 days or so.  RT Jonathan Martin abruptly left the Dolphins after a lunchroom "prank".  Later - allegations and evidence of bullying by LG Richie Incognito surfaced leading to his suspension from the team.

What actions do you think the Miami Dolphins - and - the NFL Commissioner should take to address not only this situation - but - the issue at large ?

The only team that can beat the Colts in the division race is...wait for it....the Colts..

Neither the Dolphins or the NFL have exclusive responsibility here.

The NFLPA is afraid to disciplne members and remove them from the workplace permanently like normal unions do.

Extortion is a crime..Racial insults and death threats are no reason for immediate termination.

Of the 3 parties (the NFL, the Dolphins and the NFLPA) the union is MOST responsive solely for the welfare of its men.

..and NFLA members stood by and said nothing while crimes were occuring

Titans by process of elimination are the biggest rival right now for the division.  

I'm not sure what will be done.  There might have to be a staff person has the job of listening to bullying complaints and investigating them on every team.

Really though this is ultimately a failure of leadership at the player level.  There should have been team captains who would know what's going on or who would be people that Martin could have felt like he could talk to.  

And the naming of someone like Richie Incognito as a team captain or to a leadership council is a huge mistake.