Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Article - Colts will regret Richardson trade

Everyone

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been here for one MONTH...    and it happened on the run.........

sigh....

News flash...  this team has not run over anyone all year but for maybe one game.

well, honestly, Donald brown is the better running back right now. The good thing about donald is that he gets all the yards he can possibly get on a play. The bad thing about T-rich is that he can not predict where a hole is gonna be and is most of the time extremely late at hitting the hole. Donald brown excels at just that. Honestly, I'd like to see more from brown and less from richardson. I'm done making excuses for this guy. Unless he makes something happen this game or maybe the next, he's a huge trade bust. I know you richardson believers are gonna bash me on this one but I've officially turned to the dark side of this matter.

Many Fans and media said Griffin was better than Luck because of his efficiency last year. They sad Luck throws too many interceptions, We Colts fans and some smarter media knew Arians was putting Luck in tough situations with that style offense. This year we put Luck in a different offense and he is more efficient and the mass media is praising him. The same might be said for Richardson and Peps play calling and formations. Maybe pull some Alabama plays he is good at.

Maybe pull some Alabama plays he is good at.

you got the solution. the colts just have to get the best offensive lineman at each position and the colts will be able to provide holes like he had at alabama and he will be a top rb.

it's not alabama any more, get over his college days.

no

Majority are only judging him in ypc

So him running into the backs of his linemen, blowing pass pro assignments, choosing the wrong holes and having low end speed are what? Statistical categories? 

YPC does matter.

you got the solution. the colts just have to get the best offensive lineman at each position and the colts will be able to provide holes like he had at alabama and he will be a top rb.

it's not alabama any more, get over his college days.

Says someone named after his favorite college team.

Willis Mcgahee averages 4+ypc his entire career. Goes to the Browns and averages 2.6. Nothing to do with being behind a terrible oline, just magically lost his "vision".

Mind you, trich managed 3.4 in the same place.

I wish it was anyone other than McGahee to be the sample we compare T-rich to. A strong case could be made that Mcgahee is getting too old, beat up, and on the decline and that could explain the decline in his stats, not just playing with the Browns. If it was a more healthy and younger back, your point (which still has a lot of validity) would be more valid.

I wish it was anyone other than McGahee to be the sample we compare T-rich to. A strong case could be made that Mcgahee is getting too old, beat up, and on the decline and that could explain the decline in his stats, not just playing with the Browns. If it was a more healthy and younger back, your point (which still has a lot of validity) would be more valid.

Yeah but they were saying we got duped cause McGhee was doing just as good and he isn't.

All this bickering doesn't matter anyways. We have him. Whether we payed to much doesn't matter. Time to make him work and be the best he can be to help our team. It's like some are rooting for him to do bad.

A sound point, but keep in mind Mcgahee was averaging 4.4 yards per carry just last season. I think you're correct, he is in decline. But he was still productive behind a better oline. And he's been less productive than trich was for Cleveland.

I say we just run it up the middle AGAIN with Trich (smh)......Colts ran one toss/sweep and he gets 7 yards...so what do they do next....wait for it......RUN IT UP THE MIDDLE!! My bad on the all caps :D but dang it's getting frustrating. Colts are winning so I'm good but wish they make more of an effort to get him in some space........This is not a slam on Brown because I think he fits the change of pace back to a tee but if he ran in those formations we would see the exact same results and maybe injury (Trich takes a pounding). Example.....End of Texans game, Colts need a 1st down to ice it. Colts run Trich up the MIDDLE (smh) twice for no gain, Brown runs up the middle for NO gain. In conclusion I LOVE how the Colts are using Brown but shake my head in frustration on how they are using TRich........Maybe it's just me :td:  haha.......GO COLTS!!!

Willis Mcgahee averages 4+ypc his entire career. Goes to the Browns and averages 2.6. Nothing to do with being behind a terrible oline, just magically lost his "vision".

Mind you, trich managed 3.4 in the same place.

In running back years Willis McGahee is as old as dirt.

You're not a patient person are you lol?

patient how long o we have to wait?  He has played in 4 games now.  And including the bye week he has had plenty of time to learn the offense.  He does the same thing.  Runs right into the line.  Im sorry when Brown is making you look like a crappy rb there is something wrong.

patient how long o we have to wait? He has played in 4 games now. And including the bye week he has had plenty of time to learn the offense. He does the same thing. Runs right into the line. Im sorry when Brown is making you look like a crappy rb there is something wrong.

Good thing you weren't in charge when Peyton was a rookie. Rumor has it he didn't look too good his rookie year.

patient how long o we have to wait? He has played in 4 games now. And including the bye week he has had plenty of time to learn the offense. He does the same thing. Runs right into the line. Im sorry when Brown is making you look like a crappy rb there is something wrong.

I'm glad you're the oc or running back coach and know what and where Trent is supposed to run. Runs doesn't get yards up the middle in power formations either. When Trent runs the draws and plays Brown does wallah he gains big yards. It's Pep. It doesn't matter who starts between Brown and Trent. It matter how we use each to the best if their abilities to win games.

He's up bust, he's average. Got it, noted. Now time to bring out the best of his ability for the TEAM!

but trent isnt a rookie. He did the same thing when he was with the browns. But people used the excuse they were putting 8 in the box

He looked fine in Cleveland. He still almost got 1000 yards. Plus while he isn't a rookie he IS in a new system with a new team in only his second year.

but trent isnt a rookie. He did the same thing when he was with the browns. But people used the excuse they were putting 8 in the box

So no player has ever struggled for 2 years, and got better. Ever. Not one time has that happen. Is that what you're trying to sell me? Because I'm not buying it lol.

Not to mention your acting like he had a horrible year last year. How did his rookie season stack up against Donald's? Or Donald last year?

People used our OLine as an excuse for Brown for how many years? And it's still as bad as ever and he's having himself a nice year. Sometimes it just takes awhile for players. It's not that crazy.