Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Nightmare Scenario

oldunclemark

we can beat the saints, i wont know till later in the week how we are preparing for them

Jim........I obviously don't know you, but for you to suggest you know how "we will be playing them" is questionable. Furthermore, I don't care what game plan we come up with defensively. You still have to have players to execute it. We are going to get completely blown out in the Superdome. I predict 38-17. Our offense isn't capable of putting up more than 20 points with Painter and our defense hasn't held a single opponent under 20 all year. The Saints are loaded offensively and they are explosive in the superdome. Next week is going to be ugly. To hear you suggest that we can beat the Saints and that you somehow have inside information is laughable. Even if the latter is true, you need to switch your koolaid to something else. You've clearly been overserved.

Well if we win Jacksonville twice, Tennesee twice, Carolina Panthers, maybe the Falcons, and the Texans... we could sneak away with the division??? Nah, it's very unlikely but we could snag away a couple of wins before the season is over.

We wont win against the Jaxs and Titians we will loss both times so there is not hope for this time

Apart from the fact the Saints have a crazy passing attack while our passing D is atrocious. Not to mention their coach does a better job not being at the game than ours does with a blank stare on the sidelines. (Hopefully Sean Payton's knee is all right)

This will be almost as ugly as what the Patriots will do to us a few weeks later. At the very least I hope we open the game with an onsides kick just for laughs.

Also Jim - I know something YOU don't know. IIIiIII am not left handed!

Your onside kick reference is priceless. I wonder how likely it is the Saints try it again on us.

These types of statements are things that you would say if you were a player. Fans who get on the boards and say, "We have to take it one game at a time." "Don't look ahead." "Let's not get over confident." Drive me crazy. The reality of an NFL fan is a good bit different than that of a player. As a fan, there is no need to go down with the ship emotionally. Just stand back and be somewhat objective.

Interesting thought ......GoGo...

as a fan...I'd want to go down with the ship...They were my guys in the Super Bowl two years ago..they're still my guys now that we're last....

I'd like to start rooting for the Raiders...but that's my team with the horseshoes on their helmets..

I really think its time we put in our rookies and 2nd stringers... use the rest of the season as experience and training for them so that we can be even better next year.

our rookies and 2nd stringers are not high talent. It will not make a difference if they play or not. It's not like they are gonna become stars all of a sudden. Talent makes stars, and we have none.

I am just numb. It's been a bad year. All of my teams suck this year. Atlanta Braves, Ole Miss Rebels, and Colts. I was looking forward to watching the Colts and even signed up for DirecTV. Oh well. :argh:

By your reference to Direct TV, if you ordered Sunday Ticket. You can cancel it and get a prorated portion back. In doing so, they will most likely call you back and offer you the package at 50% off. Unless, of course, you are a new customer and got it for free as part of your new customer package. Being a loyal Direct TV customer for 12 years and always having the ticket, I cancelled my package so i could spare myself from the agony of watching the colts. Not to mention we have so many nationally televised games it just didn't make sense to keep it.

I know you are reaching for some last ray of hope but you should just embrace the fact that our team sucks this year man. It'll make you feel better about the current state of things. We ain't going anywhere this season with this coaching staff and no defense. Start getting excited about the draft cause we will be picking from a darn good slot. lol

"Like" This Comment HAHAHA

It's time for all Colts fans to face the facts, including myself, we are a team train-wreck. I say "team" because we win as one and lose as one. Painter had a good day for most of the day, I really liked what he did with the no-huddle, he continually worked with Manning on it and did excellent with it. There is hope with it (no huddle), it's very complicated as you could see by his constant re-asking of questions to Manning. Manning had a lot to do with Painter's performance today, no doubt about it. BUT...... we have so many broken parts right now, it's not even funny.

It's hard to follow Colts' 2011-2012 season from Hungary as no Indy game have been on air this year so far (every Monday night football, and one other game of each weekend is broad-casted).

Based on numbers, and games' summary, I think we should start to think about next season, this season is eaten by dogs. However it would be important, I don't think Manning's return would amend all problems, all team-parts should be boosted.

Wonder if Caldwell or an other head coach would be the "booster".

By your reference to Direct TV, if you ordered Sunday Ticket. You can cancel it and get a prorated portion back. In doing so, they will most likely call you back and offer you the package at 50% off. Unless, of course, you are a new customer and got it for free as part of your new customer package. Being a loyal Direct TV customer for 12 years and always having the ticket, I cancelled my package so i could spare myself from the agony of watching the colts. Not to mention we have so many nationally televised games it just didn't make sense to keep it.

Wow, Don't have that option with season tickets...What a concept.

Its funny you say that.....

because usually I get very upset when they lose....but when that stupid Garcon lateral-fumble wasnt overruled on replay today..

and we were done..

it didnt hit me the way it usually does....Didnt bother me much...

Maybe I'm coming around to your way of thinking

Boy, it did me. Struck my heart really hard. I thought we were gonna win that game at that point. D made the stop, was hitting hard, we got a break on the field goal attempt, Painter was looking good.....yadayadayada...STAB !

This is a bad team right now and probably could win a handfull of the remaining games left with the guys on the team. The problem is, I don't think this coaching staff assembled has the ability to game plan for a 4 quarter game. I think Painter has the opportunity to make it happen with more real game experience and better in game adjustments but the bad part is our defense. When I see a DT in on the play and he is 9 yards down the field in front of the play because he was pushed there,that is not a good sign. We can't solve the problem of the delay, the screen, the short middle and the deep slants and outs. It is like this defense has no clue about fundamentals and/or playing as a team.

This defense and the ST play is the only reason we are not at least 3-3 at this point. I do not expect Painter to be a Manning and make those 80 yard game winning drives, isn't who he is right now. I expect the defense to be the one to step up and drive this team to wins but they have let us down terribly. Mathis and Freeney (20+million cap this year) made absolutely no impact yesterday, none! Powers looked liked he forgot how to cover the wr just like Lacey had been. We couldn't cover a TE, a RB over the middle and our middle of the dline is still garbage and inconsistant. The only player I felt stood out in a good way on defense yesterday was Bethea followed by Angerer and that is not enough to win games. This defense is terrible and I feel at least 50% of the poor play is on coaching, if not just a bit more. They lack any creativity on defense to halfway cover up the average talent we have, none. Any coach can coach superior athletes to a win but we don't have that and the coach has to work harder to get out of the guys what they are getting from them now by being creative. They still just do what we do when what we are doing isn't working, not even close to it!

Now I have come to realize way early on in the season that we were just going to be bad this season and we would have to look forward to being in the discussion all year long and the ofseason of draft status so I have not been furious about the losses like in all the previous years when we lose a game here and there. All I want to see from this season at the end is some accountability from the entire coaching and to a degree, the management of this team. If we come with the same group, I may for the first time as a season ticket holder since 95, be inclined to walk away from the investment of the Colts. Not because they are losing but because the management will go right back to what they did before, ask Manning to be that much better than everyone else in the league and push the team to more wins than it should. The management will not have owned up to putting such a poor product on the field with one really special player to make it way better than it should be. They will have the same attitude of it will be all fine because of the quality coaches and talent put together on this team when we have all seen clearly that is not the case. If the ownership can't address these thing adequately in the offseason, I may just decide to divest from a team I have enjoyed seeing since 1984 and ST holder since 95 because it will be clear, the team does not care what the fans, the pundits and everyone but themselves see, a poor team with one really special player.

Well if we win Jacksonville twice, Tennesee twice, Carolina Panthers, maybe the Falcons, and the Texans... we could sneak away with the division??? Nah, it's very unlikely but we could snag away a couple of wins before the season is over.

We can't beat Carolina, not even 5% chance. Also what are we going to do with that division title? None of our QB's are playoff ready.