Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gronk cleared to play Sunday

ColtsBlueFL

Rob Gronkowski has been cleared by all doctors to play Sunday for the Patriots.  With all of the losses of players, this is a bright spot for them.  They were able to maintain a 5-1 record without Gronk and with a growing list of injuries.  If Amendola gets back, Pats might win by scoring vs, the good D that brought them through earlier.

Per: breaking news from NFL on my Smartphone. NFL.com confirmation.

Good news, much-needed... I'm sure it'll take him a few games to round back into playing shape and to get reoriented, but they can really use him, especially in the red zone. They were careful about everything this time, so I hope he can enjoy a string of relatively good health. 

Rob Gronkowski has been cleared by all doctors to play Sunday for the Patriots.  With all of the losses of players, this is a bright spot for them.  They were able to maintain a 5-1 record without Gronk and with a growing list of injuries.  If Amendola gets back, Pats might win by scoring vs, the good D that brought them through earlier.

Per: breaking news from NFL on my Smartphone. NFL.com confirmation.

I will believe that when I see Gronk on the field in a real game not practice. Well back Gronk!  :thmup:

Local sports radio here (WFAN) (Jay Glazer) Says it's been Gronk calling the shots all along. His agent got another Dr. for a second opinion & it wasn't untill HE gave the go ahead that Gronk said he's ready.

Gronk and his family have been very cautious with his return understandably given he rushed to get back last year and re-broke his arm leading to several more surgeries. It has been his call and the call of the doctors from the get go. I think this has been a smart move on his part. He is so young and has much of his salary riding on the next two seasons. I think what is funny is that everyone expected him to be put on the PUP list which means he would have been out for the first six weeks but because the Pats did not do that so he could practice with the team, the media thought he was coming back sooner. His return in week 7 is as expected. And not a moment too soon with two big divisional games up next ...

Local sports radio here (WFAN) (Jay Glazer) Says it's been Gronk calling the shots all along. His agent got another Dr. for a second opinion & it wasn't untill HE gave the go ahead that Gronk said he's ready.

Good for him....back injuries aren't anything to rush back from. If you allow them, nfl teams will chew you up and spit you out without a second thought.

My favorite play was the guy who picked Geno Smith off, ran to the end zone, and turned around to grab his crotch. Classy move.

Brady doesn't have much choice now... and the offense will be predictable from here on out. They might struggle if things don't change.