Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers Gif...

MrNLM

Rivers Gif  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is he saying?

• YES! BATMAN! WOOO!!!
    • Nnnhh! PEPPERMINT ROLL!!!
    • Something else...(reply with your guess)

Definitely "Nnnhh! PEPPERMINT ROLL!!!"

lol

I actually sort of like Rivers outside of the football realm after seeing him on the MNF set after the win.  He seems like a really great guy.  You don't normally think that from watching him during the game lol

He is a seriously down to earth, good guy - not many know that outside of San Diego though.  What I love best about him is he isn't a credit hog, in fact he's guaranteed to tell you it was easy to throw because his receivers ran such tight routes, or his line bought him so much time or the coach's plans were perfect.  It's never him that got the win and it's never anyone else's fault when we don't.  He's a first class leader through and through. 

SD center Nick Hardwick was on JMV last week (played at Purdue) and talked at length about the misperception Rivers has...said he is a great guy and father, devout Catholic, and even doesn't curse when he is talking smack at the other team (these days, we all remember the double birds he flipped at the Colts fans during the 2007 playoff game). He said Rivers will say things like "in your face!" Not exactly burn material. He is just super competitive, and that's ok I guess...I know he isn't well liked around here, myself included, but Hardwick gave me a different perspective. He also said Rivers does a ton of charity work in the SD area. So as a person I guess I don't dislike him as much, but I still loathe him as a player for how he always beats us!