Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still 4-2

tfunky14

Still 4-2 and looking pretty good for a division title.

Re group and get ready for the all the hoopla this week.

That's crazy talk! You're supposed to start a thread right now that's all gloom and doom.

Seriously though. Not all games are going to be diamonds, and yeah, this game was frustrating, but it happens from time to time.

We'll find out the true character of this team in how they respond from this performance next week.

4-3, Were not beating Denver with that offense and the addition of Miller. I was optimistic about the 49ers and Seahawks because of the inconsistent offense but we don't stand a chance against Denver. It's gonna take a great defensive team like the Chiefs to beat the Broncos and control clock with Charles The only good thing about being 4-3 is that the Texans will most likely be 2-5 with a loss next week to the Chiefs and the Titans are without Locker. I think will still win the division at 10-6.

4-3, Were not beating Denver with that offense and the addition of Miller. I was optimistic about the 49ers and Seahawks because of the inconsistent offense but we don't stand a chance against Denver. It's gonna take a great defensive team like the Chiefs to beat the Broncos and control clock with Charles The only good thing about being 4-3 is that the Texans will most likely be 2-5 with a loss next week to the Chiefs and the Titans are without Locker. I think will still win the division at 10-6.

As this may be true I agree, I still believe the Colts win the division this year but I too doubt the Colts can beat Denver. The Colts have done one thing consistent this year, and that is "slow starts". I just think their minds are in the wrong places and that they aren't focused going into each game. And they need to learn how to catch the ball, basic stuff.

Terrible performance tonight but this team is leading the division.Both losses were very similiar filled with shoot yourself in the foot errors.When you perform as badly as tonight and you stay in the game until the end that says something about how good this team is and can be. Takes time to build the Monster.

That's crazy talk! You're supposed to start a thread right now that's all gloom and doom.

Seriously though. Not all games are going to be diamonds, and yeah, this game was frustrating, but it happens from time to time.

We'll find out the true character of this team in how they respond from this performance next week.

how is that "gloom and doom"

Please re read, I think your glasses were foggy.

That's very true, but the Colts missed a golden opportunity to put some real distance between themselves and the rest of the division. This looked a lot like the Miami game, dropped balls, not able to get off the field on defense and offense with no rhythm....

That's very true, but the Colts missed a golden opportunity to put some real distance between themselves and the rest of the division. This looked a lot like the Miami game, dropped balls, not able to get off the field on defense and offense with no rhythm....

Very true...

I don't see Houston or Tennessee winning this week .

We're six games into the season with a record that's 4 - 2. I don't think many people were predicting a 15 - 1 season, so we've got to lose sometime. No, we don't have to be happy about it, but is it really time to scuttle the ship?

If the team continues to lose at the same pace, they can still be 11 - 5 at the end of the season.

It ain't over yet.

At least this thread is based in some form of reality.  More than half of the posters on this forum overreact each week.  This was going to be a tough game against a team who has our number over the past 8 years.  Our focus should just be trying to be consistent enough to get to 10 wins and win the South.  Looking at the Titans and Texans remaining schedules, 10-6 will win our division.   

Hou is in a free-fall.  At this point, beating Hou is more probable, and more important to winning our division, than beating Denver.  We've got 10 games left - if we just win 6 of them, we win the South...period.  In fact, if we go 6-0 in the division and lose all our remaining non-division games, we still win the South.

In the playoffs, we've seen that anything can happen.  For what it's worth, the last two SB champs finished the reg season at 9-7 and 10-6, respectively. 

It's certainly still way too early to panic.

However, I think one reason people are freaking out (besides the usual doom and gloom of this board after a loss) is our schedule. Broncos next week and then Houston on the road. Those are two very, very difficult back-to-back games. I think most of us were really hoping on an improvement record wise from last year (say, 12-4), and last night's game really puts the pressure on concerning 11 or 12 wins and a division title.

However, I think one reason people are freaking out (besides the usual doom and gloom of this board after a loss) is our schedule. Broncos next week and then Houston on the road. Those are two very, very difficult back-to-back games. I think most of us were really hoping on an improvement record wise from last year (say, 12-4), and last night's game really puts the pressure on concerning 11 or 12 wins and a division title.

Exactly, that is why I am so upset at the loss.  San Diego was a winnable game and we couldn't get the ball moving.  It was a win we needed as we probably won't win the next one and even though the Texans are struggling now, they have talented players and can always get their act together and make a good run.  This schedule isn't going to be easy and this team needs to win all of the winnable games just to get to 11/12 wins.  Now we have the pressure of needing to steal some wins.

We can go 10-6 and we'll still have a much better team than last year's 11-5 team.  We have a difficult schedule, but last night's loss doesn't hurt us as much as a divison loss would.  Face it, Hou and Tenn will be lucky to finish at 8-8.  We're still in great shape - we only need 6 more wins - they'll come.   

I don't think the record is concerning people as much as the actual play last night.  I wouldn't mind losing as much if we would have put up more of a fight, especially on D. 

I'm not one of those who think we have a 'right' to beat certain teams, even the Jags.  So I wasn't chalking the Chargers up as a win.  I was very disappointed in our D.  That kind of play won't get us by the Titans or even the Texans to win the division.

Yep both Titans and Texans also have a tough road. Titans play the Chiefs and Texans play @ SF next week but we play Den, ack.

The divisional crown will most likely be based on how the Colts play their divisional opponents. They basically hold destiny in their own hands, it's theirs to keep or give away.

It would be nice to beat Denver this upcoming weekend!