Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why not steal Josh Gordon from Cleveland too?

jshipp23

I'd kick the tires with Jacksonville about trading Justin Blackmon too....He has top 5 ability and the off field issues he has had may make him available...I'd give up a second and fourth for him all day with a smile on my face...If we can pick up a Gordon or Blackmon our offense would rival Denver's especially next year with a healthy Ballard and Allen..

I was thinking the exact same thing regarding Gordon and Blackmon.   I think Blackmon over Gordon, but either would be great.  I still wonder if Blackmon may have been the whopper Irsay was teasing (probably Cruz, though).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the exact same thing regarding Gordon and Blackmon.   I think Blackmon over Gordon, but either would be great.  I still wonder if Blackmon may have been the whopper Irsay was teasing (probably Cruz, though).

I would love Blackmon . I really hope they sign Julio Jones after Reggie retires although that is very very unlikely.. Julio Jones, Justin Blackmon, T.Y Hilton, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener and Trent Richardso is a dynamic offense capable of many championships.

Speaking of trades. When is the trade deadline? Think we'll make anymore moves. Seems unlikely with our remaining draft picks but who really knows.

Given that Reggie is out for the year I see a move for a WR. I would die if they managed to trade for Gordon and Blackmon. That would complete a young offense full of potential to run the next decade.

Given that Reggie is out for the year I see a move for a WR. I would die if they managed to trade for Gordon and Blackmon. That would complete a young offense full of potential to run the next decade.

How would we get both it would be awesome but were never getting Blackmon he's on a division rival

I would take Gordon tho our secondary is good sand the D looks good I say get Gordon and then get another MLB in FA and hopefully Alex Mack

Gordon would be nice. Its a risky move considering his suspension strikes, but the upside...

It all depends on what Cleveland is asking for him. Right now they are playimg coy and saying hes not on the table, but considering they were just in discusions about trading him to the 9'ers not long ago, its likely just stalling tactics to shop around.

Gordon would be nice. Its a risky move considering his suspension strikes, but the upside...

It all depends on what Cleveland is asking for him. Right now they are playimg coy and saying hes not on the table, but considering they were just in discusions about trading him to the 9'ers not long ago, its likely just stalling tactics to shop around.

I agree his problems are a scary risk

There were rumors that Blackmon would be traded. Its obviously not likely but I wouldn't say its impossible.

Sure they would do it for the right price. Caldwell is in total rebuild mode over there and the current roster is effectively a yardsale to see what he can get for them.

The problem is the Colts are in the same division. You just dont make deals for young talent inside your own division. The risk of it biting you in the butt is too great.

So is it possible the Jags move Blackmon? Yes, very. To the Colts? Probably never.

Sure they would do it for the right price. Caldwell is in total rebuild mode over there and the current roster is effectively a yardsale to see what he can get for them.

The problem is the Colts are in the same division. You just dont make deals for young talent inside your own division. The risk of it biting you in the butt is too great.

So is it possible the Jags move Blackmon? Yes, very. To the Colts? Probably never.

I don't understand the whole don't trade in your division thing. I mean, on the surface it makes sense but if the Colts are offering the most then why would you turn down the best offer.

The Jags are in position to to draft a potential franchise QB, why would they trade their best offensive weapon who is in his 2nd year?

The Jags are in position to to draft a potential franchise QB, why would they trade their best offensive weapon who is in his 2nd year?

I dont think they would, personally. But Caldwell has already made a move in trading Monroe that says anyone will go if the price and location is right. Especially if he believes the off the field character issues arent workable within his new vision for the team.

I dont think they would, personally. But Caldwell has already made a move in trading Monroe that says anyone will go if the price and location is right. Especially if he believes the off the field character issues arent workable within his new vision for the team.

Evidently they weren't impressed with Monroe to begin with, hence the drafting of Luke Joeckel...plus Monroe was set t become a FA agent after this season, so trading him was a no brainer.

Don't give up on Trent so soon guys......he has had some decent moments and besides, look at the jump Vontae has made on our team as well from year 1 to year 2. I thought he was good last year but this year he is amazing.

As for a WR move....I will leave this up to the men at the top. In Grigson I trust.

Gordon is the more realistic option but Blackmon is my dream.  Not really worried about picks because we're heading to the playoffs so we'll be picking low and we have $35 mill to spend next year.  

But a move for WR is a must because Luck is going to die with TY as his best option.

If we could get Gordon I woulf be extatic. Imagine him with a good qb and as the number 1 target. I think he is definitely a 1200 yard reciever if he wants to be.

I dont like the idea of giving up this years second for him though. But he is only 22

The way I look at it is, we either hope Reggie is coming back, hope we draft or sign a stud WR, or trade a 2nd for Gordon.

The guaranteed one is trading the pick for Gordon.

The way I look at it is, we either hope Reggie is coming back, hope we draft or sign a stud WR, or trade a 2nd for Gordon.

Even that isnt guaranteed. If he screws up one more time hes got a one year suspension coming. That would hurt.

You would not get Gordon for your 2nd alone. He was taken with a high 2nd last year (from the 2013 draft), and has exceeded expectations in one year (yes, the weed stuff was part of the expectations).

Your 2nd simply won't be high enough.

You would not get Gordon for your 2nd alone. He was taken with a high 2nd last year (from the 2013 draft), and has exceeded expectations in one year (yes, the weed stuff was part of the expectations).

Your 2nd simply won't be high enough.

Hopefully with the behavioral problems it would.

I wasn't for giving up another pick for Gordon before, but with Reggie going down....

Same here. And honestly Gordon is only 22, so its essentially almost as good as getting a rookie for the pick.

The Colts are also in a position where most of their talent is very young right now, making early round draft picks less critical this year.

Its still a tough nail to chew on though. No guarantees Cleveland would even take the deal at this point either.

Guest TeamLoloJones

The problem is at least 2 other teams have alot of interest in him.  Not sure exactly what was offered (a high pick and a player was quoted) but there appears to be a bidding war at the moment.

As I already said, the weed stuff was expected coming into the league. It isn't new. Even with his 2 game suspension to start the season, he's still on pace for over 1,200 yards.

The odds are better for Gordon to stay clean and be successful (since he's already been successful) than for an unknown rookie to have the same success.

Guest TeamLoloJones

As I already said, the weed stuff was expected coming into the league. It isn't new. Even with his 2 game suspension to start the season, he's still on pace for over 1,200 yards.

The odds are better for Gordon to stay clean and be successful (since he's already been successful) than for an unknown rookie to have the same success.

I'm of a mindset that I would be very pleased with trading our 2014 2nd round pick and our 2015 5th round pick for Gordon.  But that is the absolute most I would be ok with giving up for him.  I 'm not sure Cleveland would take that trade.  Especially since our 2nd round pick next year is looking more and more like we wll be picking in the 60's.

I'm of a mindset that I would be very pleased with trading our 2014 2nd round pick and our 2015 5th round pick for Gordon.  But that is the absolute most I would be ok with giving up for him.  I 'm not sure Cleveland would take that trade.  Especially since our 2nd round pick next year is looking more and more like we wll be picking in the 60's.

The Browns have apparently already balked at better offers than that.

I know, just wishful thinking.