Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You Cant Throw Games To Get A High Draft Chioice

oldunclemark

I think any player who suggests that his team throw a game to get a snot-nosed kid QB

will end up face down in an alley somewhere...

That's the only kind of luck he's going to get.

..Dont mess with the integrity of the game especially when folks bet millions every Sunday..

You'll have more to worry about than the commissioner.

....anybody who does something on the field to intentionally lose in the NFL will be playing in the prison league next year...

..or they'll be 'playing for the angels' if you know what I mean. :nono:

I think any player who suggests that his team throw a game to get a snot-nosed kid QB

..Dont mess with the integrity of the game especially when folks bet millions every Sunday..

....anybody who does something on the field to intentionally lose in the NFL will be playing in the prison league next year...

....creepy......

Put the bottle down man, it's not worth it.

How do you know he's a "Snot Nose Kid" tho? Because everyone is talking about him being the 1st pick of the draft? Or let me guess, you know him personally right? I guess Peyton, Bradford, Stafford, Newton, Eli, Vick, Aikman & Elway were snot-nosed kids too!

The "snot nose kid" remark is quite telling. You (unclewhateverguy) have a preformed opinion and nothing will change that. Just like many have of Painter, somewhere along the line they decided he was to be mocked despite his best efforts.

Some people even do this with Peyton. His greatness becomes a seething refrain in many peoples psyche, and they strike out at him whenever afforded an opportunity.

If you're looking for something in a persons character, you will find it.

You might be taking the topic too literally. I've taken most of the debate to be between fans who chose to root for them to win, versus those who root for them to lose. it has precious little to do with the players.

Nobody could possibly expect a professional athlete to attempt to lose. It goes against their very nature, and it would hurt their careers. They are each - first and foremost - concerned about themselves, not the Colts. Helping the Colts is just a byproduct because that's whom they happen to play for.

You're talking about the integrity of the game with this franchise???? LOL You have to be kidding after what they pulled a couple years ago by laying down. Wow.

You're talking about the integrity of the game with this franchise???? LOL You have to be kidding after what they pulled a couple years ago by laying down. Wow.

If you consider that to be signs of lack of integrity, than you and I have very different definitions.

The reality is that this franchise has set out (since Jim Irsay inherited the club) to emphasize integrity in everything they do. Lack of integrity is better associated with many actions by the Bengals, Patriots, Eagles, Raiders, etc etc etc.

Colts don't need to tank. They are legitimate front runners for Luck because they have no D. All this tanking talk assumes that they are better than they are.

LOL....no kidding.

The 2nd half of the KC game should clear up anyone's confusion about how bad we are without Peyton at the helm to mitigate our broad range of weaknesses.

What a waste of ink

You need to have a restraining order placed on you to protect the team.

The "snot nose kid" remark is quite telling. You (unclewhateverguy) have a preformed opinion and nothing will change that. Just like many have of Painter, somewhere along the line they decided he was to be mocked despite his best efforts.

Some people even do this with Peyton. His greatness becomes a seething refrain in many peoples psyche, and they strike out at him whenever afforded an opportunity.

If you're looking for something in a persons character, you will find it.

lol Old Uncle Mark just proved to be Old Uncle senile mark.....wow where do I start? First...What player are you referring to that suggested we are attempting to throw games? Please provide a link or remove that statement from your post.

Secondly, Snot nosed QB??? Why would you even insist on calling a College kid names??? Resorting to name calling to someone that has only played ball for his school....*in a Ditka voice" c'mon man.

Third...integrity of the game? You do know this is one of the most class act organizations in the league right? We have an extremely low tolerance of any trouble with the law. We never hire headcases. We always talk about one game at a time, next man up. It's always a team effort and not an individual's effort no matter how great Peyton is....our players always talk about ourselves as US, and TEAM instead of I or ME

Lastly, if we were intentionally losing games, the smart people who make a living betting on the NFL would catch on rather quickly. They would become quite rich off of your absurd idea. I don't know what this rant is about, but it makes no sense and is totally uncalled for.

The Colts play at Jax in game 16. Could be interesting if both team go into that game tied at 1-15 or 2-14.

Didn't the Jags draft their QB of the future in Blaine Gabbert this last draft? I doubt they will be in the market to pick up another QB at this point. They will go offensive weapons or defense.

Didn't the Jags draft their QB of the future in Blaine Gabbert this last draft? I doubt they will be in the market to pick up another QB at this point. They will go offensive weapons or defense.

There are several teams that we could be in "draft competition" with that have recently selected franchise QB's, and they may not be inclined to trade their pick. Carolina and STL are two.

Edited by ruksak

This team has been good enough to win every wk except wk 1 sick of the bad officiating and imn even more sick of the snotty nosed bandwagon fans who were to good to wear the Colts gear back in the 80's!! Yeah thats right I dont feel sorry for our team because we have more talent now than any of our teams in the 80's and early 90's!! Theres no excuse except for laziness if we dont make the playoffs!! We have at least 3 future HOF players staring currently and the only ones doing squat are Wayne and Saturday!! Get your head outa your * Dallas Clark I know you can play!!!!!And for the people who sensor my freedom of speech on here keep the change numskulls.

And for the people who sensor my freedom of speech on here keep the change numskulls.

We do not sensor your freedom of speech, we merely ask that what you post be put in a civil maner.

Please refer to the forum rules found here:

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

which you agreed to when becoming a member of this forum.

Also namecalling is not appropriate.

This team has been good enough to win every wk except wk 1 sick of the bad officiating and imn even more sick of the snotty nosed bandwagon fans who were to good to wear the Colts gear back in the 80's!! Yeah thats right I dont feel sorry for our team because we have more talent now than any of our teams in the 80's and early 90's!! Theres no excuse except for laziness if we dont make the playoffs!! We have at least 3 future HOF players staring currently and the only ones doing squat are Wayne and Saturday!! Get your head outa your * Dallas Clark I know you can play!!!!!And for the people who sensor my freedom of speech on here keep the change numskulls.

lmao if you are going to call people NUMBSKULLS at least spell it right....otherwise you come off as a, well, you know.....but it starts with an "N" and ends with skulls. :)

lol Old Uncle Mark just proved to be Old Uncle senile mark.....wow where do I start? First...What player are you referring to that suggested we are attempting to throw games? Please provide a link or remove that statement from your post.

Secondly, Snot nosed QB??? Why would you even insist on calling a College kid names??? Resorting to name calling to someone that has only played ball for his school....*in a Ditka voice" c'mon man.

Third...integrity of the game? You do know this is one of the most class act organizations in the league right? We have an extremely low tolerance of any trouble with the law. We never hire headcases. We always talk about one game at a time, next man up. It's always a team effort and not an individual's effort no matter how great Peyton is....our players always talk about ourselves as US, and TEAM instead of I or ME

Lastly, if we were intentionally losing games, the smart people who make a living betting on the NFL would catch on rather quickly. They would become quite rich off of your absurd idea. I don't know what this rant is about, but it makes no sense and is totally uncalled for.

Try reading.....waht I said.

I didnt mention the Colts..want to throw games.You did.

I'm saying that the idea that any team There are four 0-4, 0-5 teams....that is being asked to 'Suck for Luck'

to lose intentionally to get the top draft choice..

is throwing games....just like when the gamblers pay you off...

Its something you NEVER do....////I think we agree but just want to argue..

As for the OP...how could anyone accuse Indy of tanking? They nearly beat the last three teams...

BLUE...no one is accusing..but many are suggesting..and I'm tired of hearing it..

You hear people suggesting it on TV and radio..They players are being asked about it..

..I dont want anything to do with any team that would lose to get a top draft choice...

Andrew Luck from Stanford is a snot-nosed kid QB?

NFL players will not tank for another player or for anyone. They do thei best to keep their jobs and positions on the depth chart. Its not possible.

Plus the Colts don't need to tank with this secondary and o-line. Opponents will find a way to win.

You might be taking the topic too literally. I've taken most of the debate to be between fans who chose to root for them to win, versus those who root for them to lose. it has precious little to do with the players.

Nobody could possibly expect a professional athlete to attempt to lose. It goes against their very nature, and it would hurt their careers. They are each - first and foremost - concerned about themselves, not the Colts. Helping the Colts is just a byproduct because that's whom they happen to play for.

Interesting answer..

What I'm being confrotned with is the arguement that guys like Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne would be told to drop passes or miss blocks

for the good of the 2012 Colts..

....They would never do it..but the suggestion simply wipes out the foundation of sport..

If each team isnt trying to win..why care?