Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Flynn released

Valpo2004

Jags is my guess, they would actually be relevant if they get a QB, they have a defense that can make plays and a good wr corp and a good TE....Maybe they sent Monroe packin to quick?

Jags are God awful all the way around, from top to bottom, whatever ya wanna say. They'll be lucky to win 1 game this yr, even if they did bring in Flynn. 

Jags is my guess, they would actually be relevant if they get a QB, they have a defense that can make plays and a good wr corp and a good TE....Maybe they sent Monroe packin to quick?

What did I just say lol.

The jags want to draft a QB. Caldwell has made that abundantly clear with both his words and actions. Jacksonville will not sign a QB before they draft their "QB of the future." Likely Bridgewater.

What did I just say lol.

The jags want to draft a QB. Caldwell has made that abundantly clear with both his words and actions. Jacksonville will not sign a QB before they draft their "QB of the future." Likely Bridgewater.

I'm not suggesting that they'd be signing Flynn long term, or even looking at him as someone who would save their team. But Gabbert is hurt for the time being, Henne has been hurt, and they could use another quarterback for depth, if nothing else.

Jags are God awful all the way around, from top to bottom, whatever ya wanna say. They'll be lucky to win 1 game this yr, even if they did bring in Flynn. 

Your overreacting lol, They got some good pieces but the QB is not one of them

I'm not suggesting that they'd be signing Flynn long term, or even looking at him as someone who would save their team. But Gabbert is hurt for the time being, Henne has been hurt, and they could use another quarterback for depth, if nothing else.

I didnt realize Gabbert had been injured. Didnt pay much attention to the STL game. Not surprising as awful as that o-line has been, and their rookie starter on that line is gone for the year now too.

If thats the case, then I can see then signing a guy like Flynn to a 1 year deal for theb purposes of getting through the season.

Your overreacting lol, They got some good pieces but the QB is not one of them

Like who? I'm not over reacting at all. They are absolutely freakin terrible. They could actually be worse than the '08 Lions. There is not a single player on that team that could turn them into anything decent at all. They need to do a complete overhaul and the GM knows it.

Like who? I'm not over reacting at all. They are absolutely freakin terrible. They could actually be worse than the '08 Lions. There is not a single player on that team that could turn them into anything decent at all. They need to do a complete overhaul and the GM knows it.

Maurice Jones Drew, Blackmon, Cecil Shorts III, Luke Joeckel (injured)....Thats just offense....They got talent....They dont have a QB

Maurice Jones Drew, Blackmon, Cecil Shorts III, Luke Joeckel (injured)....Thats just offense....They got talent....They dont have a QB

MJD is getting old and done nothing this yr., Blackmon is total crap, Shorts is average, and Joekel don't matter since he's done for the yr. They need waaaaaay more than a QB. They need everything!

Statistically, the jury is still out on the defense being that awful, but mostly because the offense is so inept, the defense is left with nothing to work with most of the time.

Until the Jags fix the big offensive holes, there is no way to properly evaluate the rest of the team. Those holes being:

1) QB

How it's fixed: Jacksonville is looking to the draft for a longterm piece to build around. Likely to be Bridgewater

2) Recievers

How it's fixed: Cecil Shorts needs to shore up his hands and put some effort in to getting open. Blackmon is definitely a potential threat, but he has off the field issues that need sorted. Mercedes Lewis is getting beaten up, and has missed most the season with an injury, and likely will not be re-signed, so new tight ends are likely in order.

3) O-Line

How it's fixed: It's not. Scrap it and start over.

Defensively, the Jags only issue by comparison is Justin Babin, who commits more penalties than some teams do.

Overall, Caldwell has his work cut out for him, and the Jags are likely looking to offload guys for picks rather than pick anyone up midseason.

MJD is getting old and done nothing this yr., Blackmon is total crap, Shorts is average, and Joekel don't matter since he's done for the yr. They need waaaaaay more than a QB. They need everything!

Blackmons 1st game back he had 5 receptions for 136 yards with Gabbert throwing him the ball.......Hows that crap? 31 receptions in 5 games for 411 yards with Gabbert throwing ya the ball is pretty good if your Shorts....these guys names would be brought up more in a positive way if Crappert was not the QB

Blackmons 1st game back he had 5 receptions for 136 yards with Gabbert throwing him the ball.......Hows that crap? 31 receptions in 5 games for 411 yards with Gabbert throwing ya the ball is pretty good if your Shorts....these guys names would be brought up more in a positive way if Crappert was not the QB

I'm not a fan of Blackmon at all. always thought he was completely over rated. I don't see anything special in his game at all. He got 5 receptions because he's their only real weapon at all. I'm not gonna keep going back and forth, if want to believe that Jacksonville is just short a good QB, go ahead, but IMO you are way off. That team is trash from top to bottom. The coaches know it, the GM knows it, and their 12 fans know it.

I'm not a fan of Blackmon at all. always thought he was completely over rated. I don't see anything special in his game at all. He got 5 receptions because he's their only real weapon at all. I'm not gonna keep going back and forth, if want to believe that Jacksonville is just short a good QB, go ahead, but IMO you are way off. That team is trash from top to bottom. The coaches know it, the GM knows it, and their 12 fans know it.

Wow, Harsh much?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Joeckel (before he was hurt) and Cyprien are the only 2 Jags I would want to have.

I'm not a fan of Blackmon. I thought he was drafted too high, and he's (obviously) a knucklehead. But he has talent. He's their best offensive weapon, and along with Cecil Shorts, could be a decent start to a receiving corps. They have nothing else. MJD is a veteran and deserves some honorable mention, but he's not the same player anymore. 

My real point is this: If your franchise drafts a QB that stinks then that is automatically going to compound the situation and set you back a few years. Look at what happened with the Vikings a few years ago, good talent that needed a QB, Favre lands there and next thing ya know they are a playoff team, Cardinals same thing a few more years back, No QB, then insert Warner next thing ya know they were right there at the end to win the SB vs the Steelers, Great or even good QB's can be just what a team needs to put them right in contention

My real point is this: If your franchise drafts a QB that stinks then that is automatically going to compound the situation and set you back a few years. Look at what happened with the Vikings a few years ago, good talent that needed a QB, Favre lands there and next thing ya know they are a playoff team, Cardinals same thing a few more years back, No QB, then insert Warner next thing ya know they were right there at the end to win the SB vs the Steelers, Great or even good QB's can be just what a team needs to put them right in contention

Yeah but this thread was about Matt Flynn. Of which you said the Jags could pick him up and make them relevant. It's gonna take waaaaay more than Matt Flynn to make the jags relevant. There is no making the Jags relevant this yr. or probably even a few yrs. down the road. They have a ton of work ahead of them before that team will ever be relevant again.

Yeah but this thread was about Matt Flynn. Of which you said the Jags could pick him up and make them relevant. It's gonna take waaaaay more than Matt Flynn to make the jags relevant. There is no making the Jags relevant this yr. or probably even a few yrs. down the road. They have a ton of work ahead of them before that team will ever be relevant again.

Yeah, it somehow turned into a debate of how many good pieces the Jags had lol

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm not convinced Flynn is better than Chad Henne anyway...

Sorry bro, Schaub costs too much and they are already carrying 3 QBs on the roster. Texans arent going to be able to make a move at an outside QB without eating some serious dead money to their cap.

Meh I wasn't serious.

Who is this Keenum fellow you speak of? :cool:

That rookie whos sitting behind Yates on the depth chart that the Texans forums are going insane over with a thread about not chanting for him at home games.

...or was that supposed to be secret :P

That rookie whos sitting behind Yates on the depth chart that the Texans forums are going insane over with a thread about not chanting for him at home games.

...or was that supposed to be secret :P

I actually think he has something Yates and Schaub definitely don't have. Who knows though.

I actually think he has something Yates and Schaub definitely don't have. Who knows though.

He could. I dont really think Kubiak is the right coach for him though. Far too conservative.

Still, Texans arent going after Flynn, or any outside QB, any time soon.

He could. I dont really think Kubiak is the right coach for him though. Far too conservative.

Still, Texans arent going after Flynn, or any outside QB, any time soon.

No, I don't think they should. Play with what we have and if we suck, just draft someone next year. That's why most of us want to see Keenum. He's the great unknown and apparently (according to Kubiak) made great leaps and bounds from last year to this year and outplayed Schaub and Yates both in the preseason (yeah I know preseason, but that's all we can go off of) who threw for a bajillion yards in college so we're all saying why not.

I got curious to see how much he was being paid to sit on the bench.  Looked up his contract and couldn't find him on the Raiders roster.

Googled him and found out he was released.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24045805/report-raiders-release-qb-matt-flynn

The dude certainly cashed in on that one big game though.  

Yep that one game will be building his mansion real soon.

Really proves how amazing Rodgers supporting cast is. Those guys made Flynn look like a HOF.

Doesn't really prove much other then the coaching staff has bought into Pryor 4 games into his career in my opinion, Flynn has played pretty decent in the 2 games he has played going 22 of 34 with 1 td and pick this year, prior to that he has played well everywhere he has been in limited playing time, I think this move speaks to Pryors mobility and ability to escape sacks while so far putting up good production, whether this lasts remains to be seen