Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

coincidence or no

CR91

Our two best defensive outings have been without Landry hmmmmmmm

So you're saying Delano Howell is better than Laron Landry?

So you're saying Laron Landry is the weak link of our defense?

So you're saying we wasted $$ & time bringing Laron Landry here?

Is that what you're saying? Or is that just a coincidence too?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Against the niners Kap had no one to throw to anyway, and our run D wasn't very good.  And anything our D does against the Jaguars is circumstantial evidence.

Coincidence, but Howell looks like he's a great backup.

The truth of the matter is that we have a really good secondary behind a very solid pass rush.  It's possible the lack of serious dropoff without Landry is more due to the quality around Howell than Howell himself.

Coincidence, but Howell looks like he's a great backup.

The truth of the matter is that we have a really good secondary behind a very solid pass rush. It's possible the lack of serious dropoff without Landry is more due to the quality around Howell than Howell himself.

Pretty much this. The front 7 is just good enough to give the stellar secondary the opprotunities it needs to work. Once Landry is back in at safety, you can probably expect a jump to a secondary unit that may dare to be called elite.

no the guy is a tackling monster. Im just wondering why the defense played better without him

typically a defense gets better throughout the season as every player gets more familiar with one another and starts to jell. That is all that your are seeing, the defense working together (jelling), when Landry returns the secondary or entire Defense for that matter will not necessarily take a huge step forward but in time will continue to make great strides and become a very solid unit.

So you're saying Delano Howell is better than Laron Landry?

So you're saying Laron Landry is the weak link of our defense?

So you're saying we wasted $$ & time bringing Laron Landry here?

Is that what you're saying? Or is that just a coincidence too?

I think Landry is definitely more of a highlight reel player, and probably a better overall athlete.

I find it interesting that Landry had 26 tackles in 2 games, and Howell only has 6.

I am very happy that Landry will be coming back soon, but did have to wonder about a few plays where Landry made highlight reel tackles by chasing someone down.  I haven't analyzed the film or anything, so I don't know what happened -- but there had to be some reason why the WR or TE got behind the secondary in the first place.  Howell seems to keep everything in front of him a little more than Laron.