Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Need Conner..

The Colonel

I agree, I like Conner better than any of the other MLBs not named Freeman.

This^ 

Connor/Freeman is our best ILB duo on the field, even if Angerer was healthy. They play very well together and are great compliments. Can't wait to see him back out there. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Can anyone figure out the beef between the coaches and Conner? I keep wondering why they are sticking with Sheppard.. and what Conner did last year to have him be deemed third string.

He's slowly being worked back into the rotation with his injury.  No doubt he's better than Sheppard, and maybe even Angerer.

why do the coachs like pat he is slow cant cover, and sure he has alot of drag down tackles after the man gained 12 yrds or picked the first up....conner and freeman is way better the both can run and conner cant hit pat is not a hitter not fast and sucks in pass coverage i blame that game on him dolphins allowing te after te to run right by him... 

why do the coachs like pat he is slow cant cover, and sure he has alot of drag down tackles after the man gained 12 yrds or picked the first up....conner and freeman is way better the both can run and conner cant hit pat is not a hitter not fast and sucks in pass coverage i blame that game on him dolphins allowing te after te to run right by him... 

I agree, I think pat is the most overrated player on our defense. He had one good year, but injuries have slowed him and to me, I think he's lost some speed, he didnt have much to begin with.

i liked Sheppards play last week it seemed like he has been improving each game i dont understand why so many people are negative about him it seems like im watching a completely diffrent game that im watching i still think he is a great MLB and an upgrade over always injured angerer and kavell conner

haha! Family or Friend?

He was bad Sunday, but like everyone, he deserves time to get it. From the bench would be a real positive for now. IMO

I agree, I think pat is the most overrated player on our defense. He had one good year, but injuries have slowed him and to me, I think he's lost some speed, he didnt have much to begin with.

pat seem very slow to the ball the foot injurys have hurt him even more, and is it me or is pat "injury prone" lets move on make him 3rd string , with pat we are hurt bad in the middle by tes and we can only cover 3/4 of the field with him in the middle, with freeman and conner they are both sideline to side line players so our range on def is great conner may not be great in pass cover but atleast he can run with means something right lol

I'm not sure why everyone is so high on Angerer. He was pretty good before he got injured, but now he's not the same guy. Plus he's always injured now. He's ok in run coverage but is regressing on pass coverage. His speed has slowed as said before and he wasn't fast to begin with. 

Oh and......

Conner > Sheppard. 

I was excited about the Sheppard trade and thought he'd do well here but he has been disappointing so far.

I'm all for Freeman + Conner this week.

i understand everyone being down on him but he wasnt traded for to be a starter he was suppose to be exactly what he is and doing a 4 mlb depth guy , also to get out of jerry hughes high cap hit with not cap penalty for a player we was gonna cut anyway , sheppard do suck be he not a starter 4th stringer who was asked to start , fragile pat cant stay healthy so who would u want glass foot pat 8 games a yr and when he play he needs a medal cause he is battle thru some type of injury or aliment , or a depth player who gonna be healthy and can step in when needed ..lol 

I wasn't sold on Conner and I think that was my own infatuation with Angerer but everytime I really watch him he is a player.

I think Mathis/Conner/Freeman/Walden is our best linebacking corps

i agree with u  the more and more i watch pat he sucks , like i dont get it he is not a big guy but he is slow , weak to get off the blocks but not quick cant hit and cant cover, but we should start him cause he will drag tackle the runner after (he gets juke alllowing the gain) he gets 8-12 yrds  :dunno:

I'm not sure why everyone is so high on Angerer. He was pretty good before he got injured, but now he's not the same guy. Plus he's always injured now. He's ok in run coverage but is regressing on pass coverage. His speed has slowed as said before and he wasn't fast to begin with. 

Oh and......

Conner > Sheppard. 

you took the word out of my mouth pat need to be gone at the end of the yr move foward with conner and a guy u draft etc...did u see how fast our def look when pat is out didnt see one te run free up the middle 

i understand everyone being down on him but he wasnt traded for to be a starter he was suppose to be exactly what he is and doing a 4 mlb depth guy , also to get out of jerry hughes high cap hit with not cap penalty for a player we was gonna cut anyway , sheppard do suck be he not a starter 4th stringer who was asked to start , fragile pat cant stay healthy so who would u want glass foot pat 8 games a yr and when he play he needs a medal cause he is battle thru some type of injury or aliment , or a depth player who gonna be healthy and can step in when needed ..lol 

I understand that he was brought in to be a back up rather than a starter. But, ideally, you want some production from your back ups when they are on the field right? We're not seeing that from Sheppard right now.

I understand that he was brought in to be a back up rather than a starter. But, ideally, you want some production from your back ups when they are on the field right? We're not seeing that from Sheppard right now.

yea i agree sheppard is not being productive i found my self yelling at him a few times sunday 

Conner should be starting he's  much better against the run then Angerer and a better athlete which helps in coverage. There's really not anything that Angerer does better then Conner.  Also Chapman should be starting over Franklin as well, when he was in during the 2nd half the 49ers barely could run on us.

Conner should be starting he's  much better against the run then Angerer and a better athlete which helps in coverage. There's really not anything that Angerer does better then Conner.  Also Chapman should be starting over Franklin as well, when he was in during the 2nd half the 49ers barely could run on us.

There is no question that Chapman should be starter.. the guy is an absolute hoss.

i am surprised by the posts in this thread. where are all the pat lovers at now? a couple years ago, and even just before this season started, pat was the golden child for almost every poster. i only remember a couple posters agreeing with me that pat wasn't that good and conner was better.