Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Castonzo comment on bootleg

HtownColt

According to him, he didn’t know Luck was going to run a bootleg, so it was a run call from Pep it was just great instincts and football awareness to recognize the over pursuing of the backside defender and simply run his own bootleg

@KBowenColts: Castonzo on Andrew Luck's 6-yard bootleg touchdown run: "I can promise you that I did not know he was going to keep it."

On his RBs

@KBowenColts: Anthony Castonzo: "We just have backs that are fun to block for." Says the O-line was feeding off the emotion Ahmad Bradshaw ran with Sunday

Not sure if the call from Hamilton or Luck just called his own number. Manning did that on a few of his bootlegs because he wanted the line to sell the fake as much as possible and what better way to do than to make them think it is not a fake.

Think it was the raiders 2-3 years ago, but that game where Manning ran a bootleg to get the game clinching 1st down was one of the funniest things to see from him

According to him, he didn’t know Luck was going to run a bootleg, so it was a run call from Pep it was just great instincts and football awareness to recognize the over pursuing of the backside defender and simply run his own bootleg

@KBowenColts: Castonzo on Andrew Luck's 6-yard bootleg touchdown run: "I can promise you that I did not know he was going to keep it."

On his RBs

@KBowenColts: Anthony Castonzo: "We just have backs that are fun to block for." Says the O-line was feeding off the emotion Ahmad Bradshaw ran with Sunday

I thought Luck said he had an option to hand off or keep it.

If I remember correctly it was like a 29 yarder too lol

It was a 32 yarder to the end zone, but gave himself up and slid at the three (net 29) so he could kneel on the ball and run out the clock with no chance of the Raiders scoring/onsides etc...

Peyton changed the play and lied to the O as well.  I linked it earlier. See it here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_aDs1lm10

It was a 32 yarder to the end zone, but gave himself up and slid at the three (net 29) so he could kneel on the ball and run out the clock with no chance of the Raiders scoring/onsides etc...

Peyton changed the play and lied to the O as well.  I linked it earlier. See it here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_aDs1lm10

Nice. Thanks for the link. Definitely a shocker seeing the wheels of 18 churning

That is common practice. What's the point of running that play if tell your linemen about it. They need to sell the run and what better way to do it than lying to them that it's a run. 

Lying to your lineman could get you killed.  That would be like lying to your wife and the only person who gets away with that is Walter White.