Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For All Who Want Change

brc7x

quit going to games, quit buying colts gear, hit them in the pocketbook then we will get someone's attention CALDWELL Mod Edit worst coach in the league he was horrible at wake forrest he was horrible when manning played and he is horrible now and if they want to losers like jacob lacey on the field then we shouldnt spend our hard earned money to watch this crap GET A CLUE POLIAN/IRSAY whoever is making decisions

quit going to games, quit buying colts gear, hit them in the pocketbook then we will get someone's attention CALDWELL SUCKS worst coach in the league he was horrible at wake forrest he was horrible when manning played and he is horrible now and if they want to losers like jacob lacey on the field then we shouldnt spend our hard earned money to watch this crap GET A CLUE POLIAN/IRSAY whoever is making decisions

The only thing those actions will accomplish will be the Colts will think they are not wanted here in Indianapolis and will be looking to move somewhere else, where the fans will still support them even through a pretty rough season. But hey whatever floats your boat...

I will support the Colts no matter what and I have always have...but that doesn't mean I always have to like it. I don't support our coaches at all in the slightest way, but I will always support the COLTS because in the end, all I am is just a fan. Who else do I have to root for around here? :thmup:

The only thing those actions will accomplish will be the Colts will think they are not wanted here in Indianapolis and will be looking to move somewhere else, where the fans will still support them even through a pretty rough season. But hey whatever floats your boat...

I will support the Colts no matter what and I have always have...but that doesn't mean I always have to like it. I don't support our coaches at all in the slightest way, but I will always support the COLTS because in the end, all I am is just a fan. Who else do I have to root for around here? :thmup:

They aren't going anywhere...Lucas Oil Stadium guarantees them staying here for at least another few decades...unless there is some insane out clause I am not aware of..

Just because the colts are losing doesn't mean people should stop going to games, buying jerseys etc. I agree that Caldwell, coyer and a couple others should go Jim Caldwell is a horrible Head coach, he would be ok as our assistant coach again but should noway be our head coach. But with this being said I am a die hard colts fan and would go to every home game if I could afford it even if we went 0-16. It's like a family sometimes you don't like an uncle or aunt or cousin or agree with some things you're family does but you still love them and want the best for them. I will support the guys on this football team by going to as many games as I can and cheering them on as long as I'm breathing! So jump off the wagon theres still plenty others to take ur seat.

Just because the colts are losing doesn't mean people should stop going to games, buying jerseys etc. I agree that Caldwell, coyer and a couple others should go Jim Caldwell is a horrible Head coach, he would be ok as our assistant coach again but should noway be our head coach. But with this being said I am a die hard colts fan and would go to every home game if I could afford it even if we went 0-16. It's like a family sometimes you don't like an uncle or aunt or cousin or agree with some things you're family does but you still love them and want the best for them. I will support the guys on this football team by going to as many games as I can and cheering them on as long as I'm breathing! So jump off the wagon theres still plenty others to take ur seat.

I don't want Caldwell anywhere near this team once he is fired

Caldwell may very well have been a solid assistant coach, but it's becoming apparent that he's not HC material (and I've defended him vigorously). I think he has the respect of the players, and during the week he gets a good game plan together (see the way the Colts have played in the 1st halves of Pittsburgh, TB, and today's game, pretty respectable given the circumstances). Where he is lacking is the in-game adjustment department. We came out in the 2nd half with no adjustments. That can't happen. Look, some guys are great at being assistants (Wade Phillips is a perfect example) but make bad HCs....see Charlie Weis at ND

The Colts are forbidden from negotiating relocation and must play all home games in Indy through 2034. That's what the commitment was when they came to Indianapolis and the 1.8B joint stadium/Indiana Convention Center deal was struck.

The OP is correct, spending is the only true voice the fans have. Compare the Baltimore Orioles where it wasn't until attendance dropped off nearly fifty percent that the worst owner in baseball, Peter Angelos, finally opened his wallet for players. Yes, they're still losing but the direction has improved. Took the fans way, way too long to get if figured out. Reduced attendance talked a lot louder than the petition circulated calling for Angelos to sell the team = results.

Caldwell is an 0-5 coach. He will finish the season at 1-15 at best. How exactly will he keep his job? Although, i would start to ask if he was told to tank games if he can keep his job at 1-15.

The only thing in Caldwell's favor is Irsay's desire for the kind of continuity they have in PITT. Do I agree with the principle? Yes. But you have to have a good philosophy to work from in the first place. The Colts do not. Our identity is Peyton Manning; therefore, if he returns to play next year Caldwell will keep his job because we'll back to status quo for this era. Caldwell is signed through the 2012 season and I'd expect that to be honored no matter how things pan out.

Man, We are truly spoiled. Im not crazy about the guy, but come on, lets root for our team through this year. From something bad, great things happen.

I'm a fan through and through since '74.....don't get me wrong. I was speaking only to the OP's thoughts on fan action, which is correct if only for the sake of discussing the point. As far as Caldwell is concerned, he's an extension of the Dungy era, but without the same success. If a new HC is brought in after 2012 I'd like to see whoever it is bring in his own staff.

0-5 someone just kill me. 17-0 lead at home, lol of course we lose. What are the coaches smoking? RUN THE darn BALL in the second half darn it!!! Is that too much to ask?

leads in last 3 games, all blown. I am putting on a paper bag over my face for the rest of the season.

darn IT!!!!!!!!

IDK about you people but I still love this team, yes we have glaring issues. But I will continue to watch every game and cheer for them and will still definitely be driving to Indianapolis in November, I did it last year when we were 6-6, so why wouldn't I this year? Plus I always have a good time in Indy!

quit going to games, quit buying colts gear, hit them in the pocketbook then we will get someone's attention CALDWELL Mod Edit worst coach in the league he was horrible at wake forrest he was horrible when manning played and he is horrible now and if they want to losers like jacob lacey on the field then we shouldnt spend our hard earned money to watch this crap GET A CLUE POLIAN/IRSAY whoever is making decisions

Could you at least provide some proof of how Caldwell is horrible?

i dont mean to be rude, but do you watch the games? omg ill advised timeouts, zero concept on when to challenge. to

the point where they had to go hire someone for said duties. zero in game adjustments good or bad. cmon we are the only team

in the league with a timeout and challenge coach, that says alot!!! so fans must not be the only doubters

Why is it that you're always asking for proof about how bad Caldwell is (I won't go into the proof, as the last 2 posters gave plenty), but you don't seem to have any good proof to back up your side of the argument? I was willing to give Caldwell a chance for quite a while, but it's become very obvious this season that he's just not a good coach.

Why is it that you're always asking for proof about how bad Caldwell is (I won't go into the proof, as the last 2 posters gave plenty), but you don't seem to have any good proof to back up your side of the argument? I was willing to give Caldwell a chance for quite a while, but it's become very obvious this season that he's just not a good coach.

I have provided proof. Please list those coaches who in their first season took their team to the SB and in their first two seasons had an overall 24 and 6 regular season record. Again there isn't a coach alive or dead that would win with the Colts this season without Peyton and a young/banged up offensive line and other injuries.

I have provided proof. Please list those coaches who in their first season took their team to the SB and in their first two seasons had an overall 24 and 6 regular season record. Again there isn't a coach alive or dead that would win with the Colts this season without Peyton and a young/banged up offensive line and other injuries.

How many Coaches inherit a player like Peyton Manning in his prime? If for some reason GB fired Mike McCarthy and replaced him with Caldwell I'm willing to bet they still would have a great chance of going to the SB the next year.

How many Coaches inherit a player like Peyton Manning in his prime? If for some reason GB fired Mike McCarthy and replaced him with Caldwell I'm willing to bet they still would have a great chance of going to the SB the next year.

Well under your thinking shouldn't the Colts have gone to more Super bowls then just 2?

Well under your thinking shouldn't the Colts have gone to more Super bowls then just 2?

Not only does GB have an elite QB they have a very very good defense, something I really wish the Colts would finally address. . .I dont think the current coaching staff can produce a top defense nor the current F/O. I dont blame Caldwell solely for this mess because Polian has really whiffed on first round picks the past years (Gonzo, Brown, Hughes, Ugoh etc.)

Haven't people provided their rebuttal to that? Gruden? Who took Dungy's previous team to (and won, so maybe he's a step above Caldwell) the Super Bowl before running that team into the ground?

then you do you explain the fact that the past 3 games were all winnable and it could be argued the Browns game was winnable as well had Painter played the entire game. I'm not saying Caldwell is the cause of all the problems, but any time a team comes out and plays competitively in 3-4 games but can't pull out a win, especially when they squander 3 half-time leads in a row, the coach is going to get the majority of the blame. Yes, players also need to execute, catches have to be made, blocks have to be made, tackles can't be missed etc etc but ultimately, it comes down to the HC being the one responsible for making sure all those things happen. Is it fair? Perhaps not but that is the way things are in the NFL. Every half time lead that is squandered is one step closer to Clyde Christiansen being named interim head coach.

Edited by Jason

This is the first sign of band wagoners jumping ship. First time the Colts hit a rough spot, there they go. Bye, don't let the tail gate hit ya in your bums. The Colts are not going to win 12 games for the first time in what 10 seasons? So Colts fans have a lot to complain about, don't we?

I'm surprised we are playing as well as we are. No team in the NFL has an O line with as many new faces/injuries as the Colts. Count the injuries on the defense. Bullitt and Brackett both gone for the season. Foster gone for the season.

C'mon Colts fans. Stand behind your team. That is how real fans respond.

Really? And I can point to 1 SB appearance and 2 divisional titles in 2 years trumps 1 bad season with your HOF QB not playing.

Dude you are perverbial brickwall or as many have surmized you are jim caldwell. ok he got us to the super bowl and we were horribly unpreraired and out coached. then his lombardi like timeout cost us the jets game. you seemed to be impressed

with is record. well if we leave this bafoon in charge he will soon have his wake record equaled which is about 26-56 and he took over a good team there too. just because a poor person inherits 3 million dollars that does not make them warren buffett. sure

they will have some money to spend for a couple of years and then be back doing whatever it was before. because they soon relize why they were poor, they cant manage money!!! same rule applies with coach stare alot.

Really? And I can point to 1 SB appearance and 2 divisional titles in 2 years trumps 1 bad season with your HOF QB not playing.

Really? I can point to two games this year where good solid coaching could have saved wins for us. We will never know how much influence Peyton had on this team when he is in there, we only have 5 games to go on when he is not. And guess what? Peyton covered up deficiencies in the defense and yes with the coaches as well. Good coaching could have won us the KC and the TB games. Bad coaching was clearly on display.

I have read over and over again in some threads for a few weeks that when someones says anything bad about our team then they are not real colts fans or that we are spoiled. Look, I dont care if you were a Lions fan , from the past that is, and your team went 0-5. As a fan you are outraged and ready for change. Nobody wants to be a a fan of the team that gets whipped around ever week. I have been a colts fan a long time. I remeber the bad days. I really dont want to go back to those days. The thing is we still have talent on this team. We can still be winners. We need a coach that can work with what we have and start to actually develop some young talent. Our talent players are getting older. This team can not survive on the approach of this head coach for long. This also applies to the front office and owner, its time to get ur heads out of the sand and see we are in need of some young talent that has size and speed. We dont need anymore undersized speed players that get hurt every other game. Or only make it through a few summer camps and our out for the season. :rantoff:

Edited by manningstheman

Blame Caldwell all you want (and he deserves some) but the weakest part of our game and by the way the part that cost us this game and the last three, are the corners. Getting rid of the guys that we had after taking 5 yrs of building was insane. These corners can't cover so other positions have to try to help out and they absolutely CANNOT tackle after they allow a catch. Jennings had 39 tackles and 15 ast in his last yr! Hayden's last year with colts 43 tackles 18 ast! We couldn't re-sign those guys but we kept Gonzales and Sander (btw I like both of them) and they couldn't play year after year. We have gone backwards and it is hurting more than ever now that we have Bracket and Bullet out. We need some guys that can cover.

I'm in Dallas and I stay loyal to My Colts. I make it up there once or twice a year for a game and it's a big highlight of my year. To the guy that says stop going to the games and stop buying Colts gear I say ... go to another team buddy.

The offense got off to a great start and so did the defense. We're getting closer to putting together a complete game (except for those corners). With our leaders on both sides of the ball out and other injuries in key areas we were still just one play away in the last four games.

Let's Go Colts!

Colts fan here. not a fan of Caldwell but I'm a fan of the team.

They tried boycotting the Colts in Baltimore. The team ended up leaving.

Again, the Colts are forbidden from negotiating relocation and must play all of their home games in Indy through 2034. They're not going anywhere for a long time. End of file.

You're take on Colts history is incorrect. Baltimore wouldn't build a new stadium or even upgrade the old Memorial Stadium for the Colts when Robert Irsay was the owner. So, when the stadium lease expired he moved the Colts even in the face of an emminent domain claim on his team. Years later Baltimore did agree to build a new stadium to attract another NFL franchise, which of course turned out to be the Ravens (relocated Cleveland Browns). In 1983 the list of cities competing to land the Colts were New York, Phoenix, Birmingham, Jacksonville and Memphis. The list was narrowed to Phoenix and Indianapolis.....and the rest is history.

The old Memorial Stadium in Baltimore was way, way past due to be replaced and/or renovated. Anyone that attended games there knows this. Robert Irsay fielded a Super Bowl team in 1968 and the Super Bowl V winner in 1970. The Colts also made the playoffs three straight years in 1975, '76 and '77 with some great Bert Jones led teams. Attendance still dropped off between '78 - '81, then there was the 1982 strike year and the John Elway debacle in 1983. Add it all up, Baltimore just didn't show enough to keep an NFL team in town. Robert Irsay was patient and what ended it all was the fact that both the Orioles and Colts needed to sign long term leases if the old Memorial Stadium was to be renovated. The Orioles wouldn't sign a long term deal because the proposed renovations were "football" oriented.....so Irsay had no choice but to relocate the team vs. becoming insolvent.

The Baltimore situation is NOTHING like the Indianapolis situation. However, listening to the modern era (1998 - present) fans that live in/around Indianapolis talk I'd say a four year slide similar to the one in Baltimore between '78 -'81 would be more than enough to drop game attendance into the "wake up call" numbers for ownership, if that were to happen.