Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis unhappy in TB

amfootball

I'm a Rutgers fan and even I can't stand him. He had a lot of success here and produced a lot of NFL caliber players - I doubt very much that they all dislike him.  But there's always been something about him that just screams "jerk". Always has been.

I'm a Rutgers fan and even I can't stand him. He had a lot of success here and produced a lot of NFL caliber players - I doubt very much that they all dislike him.  But there's always been something about him that just screams "jerk". Always has been.

There's something to be said for the difference of an NFL coach and a college one.  I just don't see the point of being a control freak or whatever they're calling him when you're coaching a 15M+ a season player who is renowned for being the best at his position.  Take that attitude all you want with scrub players, but as long as your top talents are producing, I see no reason to micromanage them.  I don't see Schiano lasting very long if he continues to rub his veterans the wrong way.

Honestly, he doesn't seem much different than McDaniels in that respect.  And to me, you don't get that sort of ability unless you do something along the lines of a Belicheck or Cowher sort of persona.  If you're a new coach, I just don't see how you can claim to be the all knowing coach that some of these guys tend to think they are.

True, but Bill at least had SB rings from the NY Giants as DC to add credibility to his head coaching resume though. A huge difference between Belichick & Schiano there IMO...

Bill has a standing friendship with Schiano. His style though is not the same. Bill is tough but not a lunatic. lol.

From the way things are going in Tampa, Schiano will be out of there soon.  Morris may have been a little quirky, but at least he was genuinely positive and supported his team.  Schiano should know that you can't treat college students the same way you treat pros.  You have to give these guys more wiggle room; they're older, they aren't in school, they aren't on scholarships, they don't want to be controlled 24/7.  A hard nosed coaching style only works if you have success with it, like Gruden or Coughlin.  You can't come in from nowhere and try to do it.  You need to earn the respect of the players and have them buy in to your system.  Given the talent on that team, they should be 2-0 right now, or at least 1-1.

Bill has a standing friendship with Schiano. His style though is not the same. Bill is tough but not a lunatic. lol.

I believe Bill's son went to Rutgers University too where Schiano used to coach. Bill is no lunatic, but he's definitely a guy I don't want ticked off at me either. All Bill's gotta do is give me that raised eyebrow look once. My dad has that same look too.  ;)

It's the "get your crap together look & stop wasting my bleeping time" or else approach. Mess up again & you won't like me at all...You ain't seen nothing yet. haha  

"Revis unhappy in TB"

Would you be? I know I wouldn't. They're awful lol..

At least Revis isn't in Oakland - then he'd know his career was in the toilet.

I disagree, Oakland is looking more like a decent team.

I think the new Oakland of 2013 will be Cleveland...lol