Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

schedule is brutal

tyvon19

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look on the bright side. As things currently stand in the AFC it's pretty much Denver and everyone else is gasping for air or managing to hang on.

Of course things could change later and they often do but right now it looks like the AFC is pretty soft. This loss today did hurt though. If Indy/Miami are in competition late in the year for the playoffs we will lose a tiebreaker to them.

I still think we will steal a few games this season we are not expected to though....

Our schedule is front loaded.  It evens out over the back half if we make through October.  Got to win at the Jags and it wouldn't hurt to steal a game in San Diego and against the Seahawks at home either. 

it doesn't even out.  We still got tough games after bye. Texans and titans twice chiefs rams bengals heck even the cards could beat us the way we been playing

it doesn't even out.  We still got tough games after bye. Texans and titans twice chiefs rams bengals heck even the cards could beat us the way we been playing

Yes it does Stephen, the Chiefs while better and the Titans again while better are not the 49ers, Broncos, and Seahawks which is what we have coming up.  Those are maybe the three best teams in the league.  We also get another game with the Jags at home and we get the Texans home game vs. the Texans road which is in the first half of the season.  We also get a home game with the Rams and a road trip to the Cardinals.  The Bengals game is hard but again it's not on par with 49ers, Broncos, and Seahawks. 

That's what happens when you go 11-5 the previous year mostly against the scrubs.

We should not expect playoffs this year...just enjoy the games.

Do you even know how an NFL schedule is made?  Only 2 games of our season is decided by our record from last year, and none of those teams mentioned in this thread are either of those two.  :facepalm:

That's what happens when you go 11-5 the previous year mostly against the scrubs.

We should not expect playoffs this year...just enjoy the games.

Our record last year has absolutely zero to do with the teams you put in bold.  We're playing the Broncos, Chargers, Seahawks and 49ers because we're playing the AFC west and NFC west divisions this year.  And of course we're playing the Texans because they're in our division.  The only 2 games that were determined by last year's record were the Dolphins game today and the Bengals game later in the season.

49ers

jags

Seahawks

Chargers

Broncos

Texans

wow...

I think we can split between the 49ers and Seahawks. I don't think we can win both nor lose to both. I think we got a shot against the chargers, they don't impress me but the Broncos we will lose. They are on fire now and have ridiculous momentum. I think we can take the Texans as well. They don't impress me either. This is all my opinion of course. GO COLTS! 

I think we can split between the 49ers and Seahawks. I don't think we can win both nor lose to both. I think we got a shot against the chargers, they don't impress me but the Broncos we will lose. They are on fire now and have ridiculous momentum. I think we can take the Texans as well. They don't impress me either. This is all my opinion of course. GO COLTS! 

I've had the same feeling since the offseason myself so lets hope we are both right.

Texans got a slow start both weeks yet found a way to win. they can't come from behind every week like that.

I could see them losing five of those six games. I don't think there is any chance they split the 49ers and Seahawks. I have thought since I first saw this schedule that they would lose those games and Denver. They should beat the Jags but that team seems to always play tough against the Colts. I also think San Diego will beat the Colts there. Houston is up and down so that could go either way.

Edited by Superman

The Jags and Chargers games are musts, plus one of the other 4.  Have to find some way to get through it at .500. The key versus if the chargers game is close rivers may

The key versus 49ers is not to beat ourselves with penalties or turnovers. We will need clean game to beat them. The jags we should roll over this time but they could be harder the second time when blackmon is back.  The seahawks should be easier at home and the key there is not to beat ourselves. The chargers should choke if we can get a decent lead on them.

Look on the bright side. As things currently stand in the AFC it's pretty much Denver and everyone else is gasping for air or managing to hang on.

Of course things could change later and they often do but right now it looks like the AFC is pretty soft. This loss today did hurt though. If Indy/Miami are in competition late in the year for the playoffs we will lose a tiebreaker to them.

I still think we will steal a few games this season we are not expected to though....

I think dolphins win division and we fight with chiefs patriots ravens for wild card.

They might be the worst looking super bowl champs I've seen.

Can't argue there.....

Then again there are times this year I feel as if several teams look like they are stuck in quick sand. lmao Sometimes I feel we are too.......almost like a bad car engine starting and stopping and starting and stopping. Like you don't know when it will run or stall.

Is the Texans game at LOS or Reliant? I don't think it'll be quite as bad as people are saying. We will lose next week but the Seahawks game is 50/50 imo, Jags thats a win, if its vs Texans at LOS that's most likely a win, and the Chargers game is very winnable. 49ers and Broncos are the only "sure losses" but then again anything can happen in the NFL. 

Is the Texans game at LOS or Reliant? I don't think it'll be quite as bad as people are saying. We will lose next week but the Seahawks game is 50/50 imo, Jags thats a win, if its vs Texans at LOS that's most likely a win, and the Chargers game is very winnable. 49ers and Broncos are the only "sure losses" but then again anything can happen in the NFL.

you realize we play the Texans and jags twice right?

how many would you predict. I simply went down the schedule based on two games I've seen thus far up on one of the previous posts. I figure 7 wins is pretty kind. so give me the glass half full prediction!

I'm not in the business of predicting the future. I'm guessing neither are you.

They might be the worst looking super bowl champs I've seen.

The Ravens do look bad thus far, no doubt. They did not play well against the Browns yesterday despite a win. However, keep in mind they won a Super Bowl , and set up a precedent of blowing up a significant portion of their team for the long term. If it works , it could set a template for other Super Bowl winning teams.

That being said , my expectations are tempered with the Ravens. It is a rebuilding team with some very nice pieces. A couple more good drafts , and they should be contending again . I am not sure where this team is this year , but the game against Houston at home will be a bell weather game. Drastic player turnover and key injuries are legitimate concerns for this team.