Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwight Freeney wiped the floor with Duane Brown Monday night

ColtsLegacy

Anyone who watched the game saw Freeney constantly getting pressure on Schaub going up against Duane Brown (who many claim to be the best LT in football). These PFF grades really backup Freeney's insanely good game:

Dwight Freeney +6.1 overall +5.6 pass rush (best among olb, 3rd best among olb/de)

Duane Brown -6.6 overall -5.7 pass block

Duane Brown rated positive overall all but once last year and that one game was vs ... the Colts. He scored positive pass block all but twice last year (Balt, Ind).

Watching the game I felt like I was watching Freeney in his prime, he was a disturbance on nearly every pass rush going against a stud LT no less. It seems like the Chargers used Freeney smart, subbing him in on obvious passing downs and using more 4 man fronts allowing Freeney to get into a 3 point stance, which he is much more comfortable and dominate out of than a 2 point stance.

I hope Freeney continues to play at such a high level for the Chargers but if our pass rush continues to be invisible and he continues to shine for the Bolts it will hurt that much more that we just let Freeney walk.

I think Freeney was misused in his last year here.  I think he still has a lot of ability and can still make plays, but the Colts didn't use him as best they could have.  Just my opinion though.  But no point lamenting what's done.  I just wish him the best in San Diego; he's definitely one of my favourite Colt players of all time

He had a good game. But its to easy to avoid his pass rush...Just run at him, He dont even try to stop it most of the time, I am happy for him but I dont miss the gaping holes running backs would just seemingly walk righ through while Freeney obliviously goes after the QB (5:11 of the 1st Quarter vs Texans). Freeney was used in San Diego just like he was here, I recorded the game. I wish him the best but cant say I miss the gaping holes

Freeney could be highly productive as a 4-3 DE in a situational roll on a really good team. That's a lot of if's and I don't think San Diego is the place for him to meet that criteria. He'll play hard and make a little racket though, but I feel he could have still been able to help put a contender over the hump.

I think Freeney was misused in his last year here.  I think he still has a lot of ability and can still make plays, but the Colts didn't use him as best they could have.  Just my opinion though.  But no point lamenting what's done.  I just wish him the best in San Diego; he's definitely one of my favourite Colt players of all time

How was he misused? Seemed to me he was doing what he had always done.

How was he misused? Seemed to me he was doing what he had always done.

I think they could have moved him around more and really let him utilize his speed.  Move him around so he isn't always rushing from one side.  Or even try a rotation of DEs.  Things like that in the gameplan could really help.  However, the coaches are better at this than me.  So if they didn't move him around, they probably had reasons

I'm glad for Dwight. Historically, he's almost always done well against Duane Brown (seems like people trying to get too cute calling him the best LT in the game, but still a fine player), so let's see how he does the rest of the way out. Playing in the AFC West should give him plenty of opportunities with the level of LT play in that division. Maybe it's just me, but whenever I watch Clady play I don't understand what the hype on him is all about, either. 

Anyone who watched the game saw Freeney constantly getting pressure on Schaub going up against Duane Brown (who many claim to be the best LT in football). These PFF grades really backup Freeney's insanely good game:

Dwight Freeney +6.1 overall +5.6 pass rush (best among olb, 3rd best among olb/de)

Duane Brown -6.6 overall -5.7 pass block

Duane Brown rated positive overall all but once last year and that one game was vs ... the Colts. He scored positive pass block all but twice last year (Balt, Ind).

Watching the game I felt like I was watching Freeney in his prime, he was a disturbance on nearly every pass rush going against a stud LT no less. It seems like the Chargers used Freeney smart, subbing him in on obvious passing downs and using more 4 man fronts allowing Freeney to get into a 3 point stance, which he is much more comfortable and dominate out of than a 2 point stance.

I hope Freeney continues to play at such a high level for the Chargers but if our pass rush continues to be invisible and he continues to shine for the Bolts it will hurt that much more that we just let Freeney walk.

He was good........and he looks healthy for the time being...wish we'd kept him

He had a good game. But its to easy to avoid his pass rush...Just run at him, He dont even try to stop it most of the time, I am happy for him but I dont miss the gaping holes running backs would just seemingly walk righ through while Freeney obliviously goes after the QB (5:11 of the 1st Quarter vs Texans). Freeney was used in San Diego just like he was here, I recorded the game. I wish him the best but cant say I miss the gaping holes

The Freeney Expressway. The easiest 5+ yards in the history of the NFL.

I watched into the 3rd Q. He harrassed several times but Schaub stepped away and completed passes against his pressure.

And I would expect him to be injured by game 5.

Freeney = Satelle, McGlynn as our starters now. That is on our Owner.