Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams at Denver (8-24-13)

oldunclemark

I don't trust broncos defense. I feel teams will run all over them. Also if running game doesn't improve the broncos will struggle to get 11 wins. The wayne Hilton and bey combo should be one of the best receiving combo's in nfl along with Thomas decker and welker and the falcons big three.

just a word of caution.. if you have to say 'honestly' you're not being honest. its the oldest trick in the book for reading people who are being deceptive. text book 101.

so i read that what you are actually saying is you're just not sure what you see.

haha

Jules was just trying to be transparent..which can be a better way of saying truthful.. :D That's what I honestly believe.. :D

Actually though I did see some of the Broncos in between breaks when the Colts were on. Yes I peaked. *ashamed*

I do think Peyton looks better this time then he did this time last year.

That's about all I got right now....

I still think this team has some discipline issues overall like chad has spoken about at times though. And defensively I still don't quite trust them.

But, they should be in the mix in the end and really in this league it's going to come down to some luck. (heehee....Luck)

Then let's get this thread back to where it should be. Colts/patriots. Andrew Luck is better than Brady, has better recievers, and has better tight ends. What say you!

I think the Pats players are better looking (honestly). I believe Kraft tells Bill he can get players as long as they are good looking for marketing purposes, i.e. Brady, Tebow, and now Amendola who is better looking than Welker IMO.

Now your Colts? Eeesh. I love Andrew (he is a stud QB in the making for sure) but he could def. double for the caveman on the Geico commercials.

You broncos fans????... Uh, ok. With that said.. decker has great hands, good speed and runs good routes. The only player better than Decker on the colts is Wayne. TY Hilton may eb some day, but as of now, he isnt.

What part of this discussion where you find ways to continually diss Colts players, present and past, should let us believe you are also a Colts fan as your user name suggests?

Just say you are a Peyton and Broncos fan and get it over with. :dunno:

What part of this discussion where you find ways to continually diss Colts players, present and past, should let us believe you are also a Colts fan as your user name suggests?

Just say you are a Peyton and Broncos fan and get it over with. :dunno:

baiting now.I didn't take you for one of those, but..ok Bait away.

so,I can't point out the negatives with the colts and what they are weak on, just the colts colored glasses positives.. got it.

baiting now.I didn't take you for one of those, but..ok Bait away.

so,I can't point out the negatives with the colts and what they are weak on, just the colts colored glasses positives.. got it.

No. One can gauge fandom by how agitated they get on the matters that matter to them the most. The ones you get most agitated about are Peyton and the Broncos, not the Colts.

The posting history suggests that. Sorry if pointing that out makes it baiting. I will cease to point that out again, my apologies.

No. One can gauge fandom by how agitated they get on the matters that matter to them the most. The ones you get most agitated about are Peyton and the Broncos, not the Colts.

The posting history suggests that. Sorry if pointing that out makes it baiting. I will cease to point that out again, my apologies.

really? You are baiting plain and simple. It is offensive and inappropriate.

Moving on..

Always looking for trouble.

That was a strong showing? Four Turnovers? Lucky for them they were playing the Rams or else it would have been a similar to their other beat downs this preseason. Here are my thoughts:

1) Manning looks good but there is a HUGE issue at RB for this team. Hillman can't hang on to the ball and Ball is an average runner at best that can't block. Manning threw 34 times in the FIRST half. Major issues in Denver. For sure Manning can carry things but for how long? He can't throw 60-70 times a game all season. Not behind that Oline.

2) The defense is horrific. No Miller, No Doom, and no Bailey. It is painful to watch. Fox needs to come up with something between now and the Ravens game as Ray Rice is going to toast them.

3) The first six games will go a long way in deciding Denver's season and where they end up for the playoffs. Manning knows it is all on him at this point. I expect him to rise to the challenge but at age 37, Denver is doing him no favors.

Horrific....HUGE ISSUE......They gained 450 yards...even playing the scurbs late

you might be exaggerating just a tad....am....

..and that's so not like you :shifty:

Actually though I did see some of the Broncos in between breaks when the Colts were on. Yes I peaked. *ashamed*

I do think Peyton looks better this time then he did this time last year.

That's about all I got right now....

I still think this team has some discipline issues overall like chad has spoken about at times though. And defensively I still don't quite trust them.

But, they should be in the mix in the end and really in this league it's going to come down to some luck. (heehee....Luck)

By the end of this season.,..everyone in the NFL is going to moan about all the Luck Indy has!! :thmup:

Horrific....HUGE ISSUE......They gained 450 yards...even playing the scurbs late

you might be exaggerating just a tad....am....

..and that's so not like you :shifty:

lol. Slight hyperbole. Manning looked good. No surprise there. But the turnovers, especially by Hillman. Interested to see what cuts they make.

The Bills could put up 450 yards against the Rams.

lol. Slight hyperbole. Manning looked good. No surprise there. But the turnovers, especially by Hillman. Interested to see what cuts they make.

Rams had the 14th ranked defense last year.

Sometimes its embarrising being an NFL fan....really any sports fan when most conversations degrade to what we see on most of these threads. I still find this forum way better than most because of some good posters and moderaters....because without them it would end up like most forums I've left.

Sorry I derailed there...Denver looked very good on offense if they could minimize their mistakes. They had some of those last year early in the year too...but once they got rolling...they were fine. If there defense can bend but don't break....their offense will score enough to win most games until Von and Co. get back on track. They do need to run the ball better....I expected more but Peyton's arm looks PLENTY STRONG....maybe even better than he did here in Indy those last couple years. Also noticed he went back to wearing the glove...was that just practice or is there an issue with grip?

I think the Pats players are better looking (honestly). I believe Kraft tells Bill he can get players as long as they are good looking for marketing purposes, i.e. Brady, Tebow, and now Amendola who is better looking than Welker IMO.

Now your Colts? Eeesh. I love Andrew (he is a stud QB in the making for sure) but he could def. double for the caveman on the Geico commercials.

No way. Andrew looks great now that he's shaved that horrible beard he had during last season. And I don't think you can talk when Brady was rocking that absurd haircut back in 2011.

On the colts/patriots comparison in my last post, I was just trolling haha Yeah the Pats WRs are looking pretty good, and that TE Sudfeld looks like a great replacement for Aaron.

Montee Ball gets first-team reps as running back at Broncos practice

The move comes on the heels of two straight weeks of fumbles for Ronnie Hillman, who had been taking the lion's share of the first-team reps.   ((( I read somewhere else  it was 3 fumbles on 22 total carries , )))

Broncos coach John Fox downplayed Ball's first-team reps after Monday's practice.

"It's just practice, I wouldn't read too much into anything," Fox said.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23947134/jeremiah-johnson-ryan-lilja-return-broncos-practice-from

Sometimes its embarrising being an NFL fan....really any sports fan when most conversations degrade to what we see on most of these threads. I still find this forum way better than most because of some good posters and moderaters....because without them it would end up like most forums I've left.

Sorry I derailed there...Denver looked very good on offense if they could minimize their mistakes. They had some of those last year early in the year too...but once they got rolling...they were fine. If there defense can bend but don't break....their offense will score enough to win most games until Von and Co. get back on track. They do need to run the ball better....I expected more but Peyton's arm looks PLENTY STRONG....maybe even better than he did here in Indy those last couple years. Also noticed he went back to wearing the glove...was that just practice or is there an issue with grip?

Click to enlarge, no glove, later on sidelines however in rain READ after photo

temp130824_Bakke27--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.J

NO , Not  during the game unless I missed it and it was towards end of 2nd half but definitely not at start as hadnt rained yet  , later on there was  light rain & he was experimenting on sidelines with glove & handoffs  , he even said he wanted to go back in with Ramirez in 4th quarter even with rest of line as backups to get game practice with wet ball  , fox said no so he & Manny practiced on sidelines 

Announcers were stating thats Peytons work ethic, it rains , he sees a chance for more practice if has to play in such weather in season

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Shots-of-the-Game-Broncos-vs-Rams/1a8befe9-c186-435e-84c1-de9bf2585be8#5630bc3f-44d9-4c7f-a25d-399484376e71

No way. Andrew looks great now that he's shaved that horrible beard he had during last season. And I don't think you can talk when Brady was rocking that absurd haircut back in 2011.

On the colts/patriots comparison in my last post, I was just trolling  haha Yeah the Pats WRs are looking pretty good, and that TE Sudfeld looks like a great replacement for Aaron.

I think Andrew might have been better with the beard. lol.

Brady's hair had its own tracking symbol on Boston.com at one point. Not sure I like this hair do with the short sides and long top. Seems uneven and messy. But whatever Giselle wants, right? ;)

I like what I see so far from the pats WRs and TEs but who knows until Sept, I just have no idea. Colts O seems solid. I expect great things from Andrew this season,

Click to enlarge, no glove, later on sidelines however in rain READ after photo

temp130824_Bakke27--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.J

NO , Not  during the game unless I missed it and it was towards end of 2nd half but definitely not at start as hadnt rained yet  , later on there was  light rain & he was experimenting on sidelines with glove & handoffs  , he even said he wanted to go back in with Ramirez in 4th quarter even with rest of line as backups to get game practice with wet ball  , fox said no so he & Manny practiced on sidelines 

Announcers were stating thats Peytons work ethic, it rains , he sees a chance for more practice if has to play in such weather in season

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Shots-of-the-Game-Broncos-vs-Rams/1a8befe9-c186-435e-84c1-de9bf2585be8#5630bc3f-44d9-4c7f-a25d-399484376e71

I didn't see it earlier but I saw it on him in the second half on the sideline and I thought maybe he had tried it for a few series because like you say...its always about preperation with him. Relentless this guy is.

I didn't see it earlier but I saw it on him in the second half on the sideline and I thought maybe he had tried it for a few series because like you say...its always about preperation with him. Relentless this guy is.

Enlarge photo with click and check out the tricep, then u say to yourself what tricep muscle, its scooped out like last year, I have read he is using his bottom half of body a bit differently to get back the extra zip I saw and was reported in by the press in his practices and preseason , I have no idea if true or not but does appear certain route throws have more to them 

Enlarge photo with click and check out the tricep, then u say to yourself what tricep muscle, its scooped out like last year, I have read he is using his bottom half of body a bit differently to get back the extra zip I saw and was reported in by the press in his practices and preseason , I have no idea if true or not but does appear certain route throws have more to them 

Yeah...to me that isn't where your strength comes from. It comes from the feet up. I'm sure there are pictures like that all the way back with the Colts. But great balance and footwork are key. Then squaring up, then a strong core. The arm etc...important yes...but Peyton's never been an Aaron Rodgers or even Tom Brady. To me the accuracy, timing, and reading the windows will allow him to play as long as he can stay healthy and wants to. I still believe 100% his throws have had more zip and he continues to get healthier.

Yeah...to me that isn't where your strength comes from. It comes from the feet up. I'm sure there are pictures like that all the way back with the Colts. But great balance and footwork are key. Then squaring up, then a strong core. The arm etc...important yes...but Peyton's never been an Aaron Rodgers or even Tom Brady. To me the accuracy, timing, and reading the windows will allow him to play as long as he can stay healthy and wants to. I still believe 100% his throws have had more zip and he continues to get healthier.

I agree a good core is a key, but there are photo comparisons made last year and when a colt that showed a better muscle definition, not that he was really muscular to begin with but there was a difference

I cant hang and discuss, would love to, My mom had 6 mini surgeries Monday and  want to go over and check on her ,  apparently what was covered daily, earlier this year last time she got these , by medicare as far as dressing changes are now 3x a week only  ( its skin cancer treatment substitute as  I and Dr agree   40 radiation treatments at her age  would be crazy )  so just trying to prevent spreading and keeping things local , and family is supposed to do it even if in an assisted living facility, Hey she is 95 with compromised health & I am on disability and not supposed to treat anyone since 1988 , will do what can but can easily fall into her and knock her out of a chair or have a spasm if try and change a dressing so if need be , I am  going there now  to attempt to arrange to pay with outside attendent nurses, one is there now ,  that will come 3x weekly  extra days privately . Even script says change daily 

anyway have a good one, if u havent seen it , I cant be here for a myriad of reasons as once was before , Read the below ,

it will explain,

best of Luck Colts , best of Luck Peyton,. but dont try and quiet the crowd at lucas anymore, though would be funny if by habit they did quiet down  if u were to  motion to do so one last time

http://forums.colts.com/topic/19749-life-is-good-but-this-is-a-sad-post-from-me-forum-friends-please-read-re-my-future-here/

I agree a good core is a key, but there are photo comparisons made last year and when a colt that showed a better muscle definition, not that he was really muscular to begin with but there was a difference

I cant hang and discuss, would love to, My mom had 6 mini surgeries Monday and  want to go over and check on her ,  apparently what was covered daily earlier by medicare as far as dressing changes are now 3x a week only and family is supposed to do it even if in an assisted living facility, Hey she is 95 with compromised health & I am on disability and not supposed to treat anyone since 1988 , will do what can but can easily fall into her and knock her out of a chair or have a spasm if try and change a dressing so if need be , I am  going there now  to attempt to arrange to pay with outside attendent nurses that will come 3x weekly  extra days privately . Even script says change daily 

anyway have a good one, if u havent seen it , I cant be here for a myriad of reasons as once was before , Read the below ,

it will explain,

best of Luck Colts , best of Luck Peyton,. but dont try and quiet the crowd at lucas anymore, though would be funny if by habit they did quiet down  if u were to  motion to do so one last time

http://forums.colts.com/topic/19749-life-is-good-but-this-is-a-sad-post-from-me-forum-friends-please-read-re-my-future-here/

That would be HILARIOUS!!! That is going to be a game there are going to be heavy hearts here in Indy.....but HE knows how supportive us Colt fans are and he will know after introductions...he will get no reprieve. I hope he has a great game....but we still win.

That would be HILARIOUS!!! That is going to be a game there are going to be heavy hearts here in Indy.....but HE knows how supportive us Colt fans are and he will know after introductions...he will get no reprieve. I hope he has a great game....but we still win.

Exactly, give a deserved cheer on introduction , then Colts go out & play  Chuck Strong

anyway leaving now, was editing in something on the surgery as u responded, I am amazed its not covered anymore & truly understand why many a Dr I know arent taking Medicare anymore including my own internist