Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

werner has a tell

Coltivated

I thought he did pretty good tonight I especially like his hand use. I couldn't help noticing every time he was standing he would drop into pass coverage. Correct me if I'm wrong but I knew what he was doing before every play. I specifically remember redding commenting on what makes the Baltimore 3-4 defense so effective was the fact that you didn't know pre snap who was rushing or dropping into coverage. Maybe I'm being anal but this could be a huge flaw.

I thought he did pretty good tonight I especially like his hand use. I couldn't help noticing every time he was standing he would drop into pass coverage. Correct me if I'm wrong but I knew what he was doing before every play. I specifically remember redding commenting on what makes the Baltimore 3-4 defense so effective was the fact that you didn't know pre snap who was rushing or dropping into coverage. Maybe I'm being anal but this could be a huge flaw.

for the sake of argument lets just say you are right....  I am sure if you saw it then the coaches will and it is  VERY EASILY corrected so calling it a "huge flaw" is being way too over the top

He was in coverage several times ad didn't look like a liability, for a OLB in coverage. Shows good instincts in all 3 phases in his position. Rushing, Run stopping, coverage.plus he comes from a 4-3. i think we got what some talking heads call a " football player "I'm glad we got him.

It was his 1st pro game. Could you be confused with him playing 2 positions?  One is upright and the other in a 4 point stance.  I could be wrong as I wasn't looking at him specifically but the coaches will catch any give a ways and get them coached up. He will be studying his own tapes as well. 

I think it's more accurate to say that he stood up every time he lined up as an OLB and he was in his 4 point stance every time he was lined up as a DE.   :)

Sorry Jason, I pretty much answered the comment with what you said. I didn't see your response till later in the thread.  :huthut: