Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you expect kaep, wilson, - and RG3 to have regression...

IndianaJones

I happened to mention foles and harnish, because they're from the same draft class. Actually consins isn't "sitting on the bench" at this moment. He's taking all the first team snaps and being prepared as game one starter. That's a fact...troll. So please respect that fact. And foles is the eagles starting quarterback...also another fact troll. I only mentioned harnish, because he's an indiana kid, so i hope he does well. He has the tools.

Robert Griffin has been cleared to practice and it's not even August yet. It's safe to say he will probably be on the field week one. And Foles isn't the Eagles starting quarterback. Chip Kelly hasn't chosen one yet, but more than likely he will go with the veteran guy who could actually run the offense he's trying to implement.  

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Griffin has been cleared to practice and it's not even August yet. It's safe to say he will probably be on the field week one. And Foles isn't the Eagles starting quarterback. Chip Kelly hasn't chosen one yet, but more than likely he will go with the veteran guy who could actually run the offense he's trying to implement.  

Being cleared means nothing and no he hasn't made any first team snaps... zip, zero, none. So,... yes cousins currently is preparing to be game one starter. As of now, RG3 is a third stringer, even behind sexy rexy. That's true about kelly not making a decision just yet on foles, but foles has been taking the majority of the snaps.

Being cleared means nothing and no he hasn't made any first team snaps... zip, zero, none. So,... yes cousins currently is preparing to be game one starter. As of now, RG3 is a third stringer, even behind sexy rexy. That's true about kelly not making a decision just yet on foles, but foles has been taking the majority of the snaps.

Training camp hasn't even opened yet for the Redskins or Eagles. 

Their training camp doesn't start till Thursday, and Griffin will be taking the first-team snaps. Because he is the STARTER. Will more than likely be the starter come week one. Sorry to disappoint. Foles hasn't taken the majority of anything, as training camp has not started for them yet either, no idea where you got that from. Kelly has made sure up to this point in OTAs that no one QB gets the majority of snaps because it is still a wide open competition, even at this point. Though their best receiver has indicated that he believes Vick will get the job....not Foles...

Their training camp doesn't start till Thursday, and Griffin will be taking the first-team snaps. Because he is the STARTER. Will more than likely be the starter come week one. Sorry to disappoint. Foles hasn't taken the majority of anything, as training camp has not started for them yet either, no idea where you got that from. Kelly has made sure up to this point in OTAs that no one QB gets the majority of snaps because it is still a wide open competition, even at this point. Though their best receiver has indicated that he believes Vick will get the job....not Foles...

I meant OTA'S, so cool your panties.

I meant OTA'S, so cool your panties.

Panties? I don't think anyone wears them hot. Doesn't sound very appealing. But anywho...OTAs don't matter anymore. This is training camp and the real starters are going to emerge. Not sure who will win the Vick/Foles/Barkley battle but it doesn't take a genius to guess who will be the starter come week one in Washington (assuming all goes well health-wise, of course).

Panties? I don't think anyone wears them hot. Doesn't sound very appealing. But anywho...OTAs don't matter anymore. This is training camp and the real starters are going to emerge. Not sure who will win the Vick/Foles/Barkley battle but it doesn't take a genius to guess who will be the starter come week one in Washington (assuming all goes well health-wise, of course).

I'm actually hoping RG3 starts week one, so he pops that knee again. He's rushing back, just like our own ben ijalana did and we know how that turned out.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 25, 2013 - argument and troll talk, duplicate profile nonsense
Hidden by Nadine, July 25, 2013 - argument and troll talk, duplicate profile nonsense

So you're hoping injury on a guy. Wow.

He's an obvious troll. He's been banned like 5 times already. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 25, 2013 - argument and troll talk, duplicate profile nonsense
Hidden by Nadine, July 25, 2013 - argument and troll talk, duplicate profile nonsense

He's an obvious troll. He's been banned like 5 times already. 

Yeah, I think I recognize his posting style. At this rate it's only a matter of time before he gets banned again lol

So you're hoping injury on a guy. Wow.

Not actually hoping, but the chance is very high for it to occur. That's why they didn't trade cousins. Shanny also believes he's starter material. But if that happens, i suppose i wouldn't win our friendly bet.

Yeah, I think I recognize his posting style. At this rate it's only a matter of time before he gets banned again lol

Why, because i mentioned RG3 may re-injure his knee? Its a high possibility since he's coming back like 6-8 months too early.

Not actually hoping, but the chance is very high for it to occur. That's why they didn't trade cousins. Shanny also believes he's starter material. But if that happens, i suppose i wouldn't win our friendly bet.

You used the word "hoping" but okay. Shanahan's not dumb, he wouldn't be seeking to trade Cousins even if he had shown enough to warrant a trade. Just the way I see the situation anyway.

Why, because i mentioned RG3 may re-injure his knee? Its a high possibility since he's coming back like 6-8 months too early.

It may be a possibility but no, this is not the only reason why. Your misguided opinions and outrageous statements even in other threads tend to be a turnoff for other posters. People like talking football and looking at things realistically and you do not like doing the latter. Of course having different opinions is encouraged on a message board but you are going about the whole thing the wrong way.

You used the word "hoping" but okay. Shanahan's not dumb, he wouldn't be seeking to trade Cousins even if he had shown enough to warrant a trade. Just the way I see the situation anyway.

I stated: Not hoping. Just a possibility. But its okay, i won't enteract with either dustin or you anymore. Every time other poster's have a different opinion from the sheep, they're labelled a troll.

I stated: Not hoping. Just a possibility. But its okay, i won't enteract with either dustin or you anymore. Every time other poster's have a different opinion from the sheep, they're labelled a troll.

Whatever dude the everyone can see what you posted and you didn't even bother editing it either. But Dustin and I aren't the only ones who see you as a troll. We're not the bad guys here. We have just been here long enough to recognize trouble when we see it.

initial prognosis was 6-8 months back in January when it happened. Its been 6 months.

as for training camp, per RG3's twitter, they're going to ease him back in. Also I'm hearing that he'll do 7 on 7 drills and stuff like that to start out. I've seen nothing yet to show me that he won't be under center to start week one.

Whatever dude the everyone can see what you posted and you didn't even bother editing it either. But Dustin and I aren't the only ones who see you as a troll. We're not the bad guys here. We have just been here long enough to recognize trouble when we see it.

So different opinion's are "trouble"... gotcha.

So different opinion's are "trouble"... gotcha.

Outrageous, unfounded opinions and stirring up the pot just to stir up the pot and wishing injuries on guys so that mediocre ones can play is trouble.

Outrageous, unfounded opinions and stirring up the pot just to stir up the pot and wishing injuries on guys so that mediocre ones can play is trouble.

I didn't mean to say 'hoping' for injury. That was a bad choice of words on my part. The first game cousins ever started in the national football league, he shattered the rookie quarterback record for the skins. He completed near 70%/near 400 yards/and 3 TD'S and he did it agains't one of the young premier defenses in the entire NFL.

I didn't mean to say 'hoping' for injury. That was a bad choice of words on my part. The first game cousins ever started in the national football league, he shattered the rookie quarterback record for the skins. He completed near 70%/near 400 yards/and 3 TD'S and he did it agains't one of the young premier defenses in the entire NFL.

He did play well against the Browns. I will acknowledge that.

No, he threw a little over 300 yards and had 2 TDs, 1 INT, and 1 fumble against the 25th worst pass defense in the league who consistently put 8 men in the box to stop Alfred Morris.

He did play well against the Browns. I will acknowledge that.

So the potential is there for cousins. Look, i just like the guy alot and i'm pulling for him hard. He's just a player i'm very passionate about, so i apologize to you or anyone, if i get too heated about this topic.

I think RG3 is in serious trouble and his future is in doubt, simply due to the fact of his sandlot ball type of play.Also, cousins is an equal talent, if not outright better.

Trolls.jpg

RG was cleared for traning camp so at this point I think it is unlikely that he does not start week 1. I believe Shanny will keep him out of the pre-season games though just to be cautious and to no push him too hard too soon. Schefty said his injury takes 7-9 months to heal. August will be 8 months so I would think a Sept start is going to happen on Monday vs. the Eagles.

That being said, Cousins should get most of the preseason action so we can see how far he has come since last year.

So the potential is there for cousins. Look, i just like the guy alot and i'm pulling for him hard. He's just a player i'm very passionate about, so i apologize to you or anyone, if i get too heated about this topic.

I can't fault a guy for loving his QB. ;)

seahawks made everything to make sure wilson is comfortable even with the 49ers offseason. and the seahawks were the team of the three that used the less amount of read option thing...im not expecting him to drop.

RG3 is good...deal with it. nothing to do with luck, is not a competition on who got the better player. RG3 will prove is a franchise QB imo.

i worry a little about the mental aspect of the game for kaep, but that dude has the most physical gifts of the 3...so everyone will be fine imo.

No. We haven't seen anything like these kinds of players. Athletic QBs that can pass just as well as they can beat you with their feet, combined with high football I.Q.....There's a reason they were all in the playoffs coming out of a difficult NFC. We will see them all get better from here on out, there is so much potential and good football to be played.

Hmm, there have been a few along the way.  Randall Cunningham, Steve Young and Jake Plummer come to mind.  The thing was back then coaches wouldn't adapt the offense to take much advantage of the running ability of that type of QB, instead trying to force them to play in the pocket and not play to their strengths.  It's only been in the past few years that coaches in the NFL are starting to take advantage of the athleticism of some of the QB's coming out.

I don't see why people like Foles so much.  He is a decent backup, but I don't think he did enough to show he should be a starter.  His numbers weren't that great.  Why do you like Foles?

At Arizona, Foles was an incredible QB on an incredibly lousy team.  His starting OL consisted of 5 brand new starters, including 2 true freshmen as bookend tackles.  He had little to no running game to help him out....Arizona finished in the bottom 5-10 in rushing gaining less than 70 yards per game, or close to it.  Their defense was also atrocious, also finishing in the bottom 5-10.  And his receivers, while lauded by some, were really not all that high profile either.  Juron Criner wound up being a 5th round pick, but the other top WR's were David Douglas, Gino Crump and Dan Buckner...all of whom went undrafted.  

Arizona lost a lot of games in 2010 but Foles was able to keep them in almost every game.  The only part of the Arizona team that was successful was the passing game and I believe they finished ranked 3rd in the NCAA in passing.  Sure, you could argue that when you're behind all the time then you're going to be passing all the time to try to catch up and therefore stats will be inflated.  However, at the same time, when you're behind all the time and trying to play catch up, the opposing defense pretty much knows exactly what you're going to do...throw the ball, and they were very seldom able to stop it once Foles got going.  

I will even go so far as to say that out of the 2011 draft class, I think Foles and Luck will wind up being the best QB's from that class over the long run with Tannehill having a shot to be in that category too.  Wilson can as well so long as he can continue to overcome for his short stature, and I've always felt that RG3 was overrated.

Sorry OP, I saw quite a bit of Cousins at MSU and wasn't overly impressed.  I will say though that it appeared most of his problems were mental and not physical.  He has all the physical tools but struggled with decision making, especially in the face of pressure.  At this point I'd say Schaub is probably his ceiling.

I'm going to disagree with your bolded statement because, at least the way I'm reading it, you're implying that Foles can't run the offense that Kelly is trying to implement.  I disagree with that.  I think Foles can run any offense other than an option type offense that requires him to be a viable running threat.  He is more athletic than most people give him credit for, but he's not a running QB and never will be. He can move though.  I would equate him in that regard to Big Ben.  I am really hoping that Foles wins the Starting QB job because I think he has the potential to be a great QB. 

My goodness Colts fans...is this really what we've become?

I'm born and bred, Indiana raised.  I love me some Colts and Andrew Luck.  But when I log into this website about once a week, all I see is questions about all the other young QBs.  Kaep is a good QB, and though he's lost Crabtree, will be just fine.  RG3 just tweeted last night that he was cleared to play by the team doctor, and will probably be under center week 1.  Russell Wilson is a fine young man and a QB i wouldn't mind having if we didn't have Luck. 

And our beloved Andrew Luck played the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL last year, and this year we play a much tougher 2nd place schedule.  I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but some (not all of course) Colts fans on here seem to always post with their blue and white colored glasses on.  Andrew Luck is a beast, and probably the best QB out of last year's rookie class.  But RG3, Wilson, and Kaep (i know he wans't a rookie) will also probably have great seasons this year as well.  I don't see any of them regressing.

seahawks made everything to make sure wilson is comfortable even with the 49ers offseason. and the seahawks were the team of the three that used the less amount of read option thing...im not expecting him to drop.

RG3 is good...deal with it. nothing to do with luck, is not a competition on who got the better player. RG3 will prove is a franchise QB imo.

i worry a little about the mental aspect of the game for kaep, but that dude has the most physical gifts of the 3...so everyone will be fine imo.

Seattle didn't really use the read option until late in the season, running it more often than the 49ers i believe, and that is when Wilson really took off. It will be interesting how defenses react this season..and how the teams that use it counter.

Seattle didn't really use the read option until late in the season, running it more often than the 49ers i believe, and that is when Wilson really took off. It will be interesting how defenses react this season..and how the teams that use it counter.

yea thats why i meant by less, he really didnt use it untill late season...but you mightr be right that when they started doing it, they did it more than 49ers.

It is going to be fun to see what Defenses do, but regardless, i dont expect him to drop. I think he has the mental part of it on his side, and that should help him tremendously....and a freaking beast of a RB with pretty good OL

Hmm, there have been a few along the way. Randall Cunningham, Steve Young and Jake Plummer come to mind. The thing was back then coaches wouldn't adapt the offense to take much advantage of the running ability of that type of QB, instead trying to force them to play in the pocket and not play to their strengths. It's only been in the past few years that coaches in the NFL are starting to take advantage of the athleticism of some of the QB's coming out.

At Arizona, Foles was an incredible QB on an incredibly lousy team. His starting OL consisted of 5 brand new starters, including 2 true freshmen as bookend tackles. He had little to no running game to help him out....Arizona finished in the bottom 5-10 in rushing gaining less than 70 yards per game, or close to it. Their defense was also atrocious, also finishing in the bottom 5-10. And his receivers, while lauded by some, were really not all that high profile either. Juron Criner wound up being a 5th round pick, but the other top WR's were David Douglas, Gino Crump and Dan Buckner...all of whom went undrafted.

Arizona lost a lot of games in 2010 but Foles was able to keep them in almost every game. The only part of the Arizona team that was successful was the passing game and I believe they finished ranked 3rd in the NCAA in passing. Sure, you could argue that when you're behind all the time then you're going to be passing all the time to try to catch up and therefore stats will be inflated. However, at the same time, when you're behind all the time and trying to play catch up, the opposing defense pretty much knows exactly what you're going to do...throw the ball, and they were very seldom able to stop it once Foles got going.

I will even go so far as to say that out of the 2011 draft class, I think Foles and Luck will wind up being the best QB's from that class over the long run with Tannehill having a shot to be in that category too. Wilson can as well so long as he can continue to overcome for his short stature, and I've always felt that RG3 was overrated.

Sorry OP, I saw quite a bit of Cousins at MSU and wasn't overly impressed. I will say though that it appeared most of his problems were mental and not physical. He has all the physical tools but struggled with decision making, especially in the face of pressure. At this point I'd say Schaub is probably his ceiling.

I'm going to disagree with your bolded statement because, at least the way I'm reading it, you're implying that Foles can't run the offense that Kelly is trying to implement. I disagree with that. I think Foles can run any offense other than an option type offense that requires him to be a viable running threat. He is more athletic than most people give him credit for, but he's not a running QB and never will be. He can move though. I would equate him in that regard to Big Ben. I am really hoping that Foles wins the Starting QB job because I think he has the potential to be a great QB.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure if Cunningham had the opportunity to learn as much as these guys know in regards to the game but you are right that we have seen these types before, albeit slightly different in an era not so focused on passing. I thought the Eagles were going to be running some up-tempo, spread offense that will emphasize running plays. I think Foles may be athletic enough but it sounds like a match made in Heaven for Vick.

Being a MSU alum, I watched every single Spartan game when Cousins was the QB there. I love the guy and yes, he is a great person and was a very good QB for us while he was wearing green and white. But to actually consider him the same caliber of player as Luck, RGIII, and Wilson is pretty silly. Cousins biggest problem is that he has a lot of trouble throwing medium to deep passes without losing a ton of velocity on the ball. His deep passes tended to just sort of hang in the air and get picked off by defensive backs. In addition, outside of his final game as a Spartan, he tended to perform very average in high-pressure situations on the road or at neutral sites-- especially if it was a big game. I think he is great in the short passing, and I think that he usually makes good decisions if he is playing at home. However, he does not have that next gear that the others we have mentioned in this thread do. The fact that he smashed many of the Spartan QB records is actually a testament to how poor the QB history was at MSU before Cousins-- and I am saying that as a big State guy.

I think out of the original 4 you asked about, I agree with many others that Kaepernick is the most likely to see the dropoff. I can't remember who said it, and I have no evidence to back it up, but there is just something about him I don't completely trust. He seems much more immature and unprofessional than the other three do and I feel like he may lack the mental toughness required to perform at a high level consistently. He is young and could change all of that though. There is also RG3's injury that is a relative unknown at this point, but I would expect him back at full strength by midseason assuming that he gets the attention he needs.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure if Cunningham had the opportunity to learn as much as these guys know in regards to the game but you are right that we have seen these types before, albeit slightly different in an era not so focused on passing. I thought the Eagles were going to be running some up-tempo, spread offense that will emphasize running plays. I think Foles may be athletic enough but it sounds like a match made in Heaven for Vick.

Well, it all depends on what type of running.  Kelly has said that he will modify his offense to suit the strengths of whoever he chooses to be the starting QB.  If that's true then Foles can run an up tempo spread offense.  He just won't be a viable threat to tuck the ball and run.  He can scramble when needed and pick up 5-7 yards here and there but he's not as athletic or as fast as Vick is, there's no doubt about that.  

I think it's kind of funny that the Eagles brought in Dennis Dixon in FA but then drafted Barkley.  It almost seems like Kelly himself is undecided as to whether he wants to use read-option type stuff or not so he now has a starter and backup for either scenario.,  If he wants to use a lot of read-option then he has Vick-Dixon.  Or, he can utilize a more traditional pocket passer and go with Foles-Barkley.  Either way he has a starter and backup for whatever type of QB he wants to build the offense around, and I would bet the other pair wind up getting released prior to the start of the season.

My goodness Colts fans...is this really what we've become?

I'm born and bred, Indiana raised.  I love me some Colts and Andrew Luck.  But when I log into this website about once a week, all I see is questions about all the other young QBs.  Kaep is a good QB, and though he's lost Crabtree, will be just fine.  RG3 just tweeted last night that he was cleared to play by the team doctor, and will probably be under center week 1.  Russell Wilson is a fine young man and a QB i wouldn't mind having if we didn't have Luck. 

And our beloved Andrew Luck played the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL last year, and this year we play a much tougher 2nd place schedule.  I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but some (not all of course) Colts fans on here seem to always post with their blue and white colored glasses on.  Andrew Luck is a beast, and probably the best QB out of last year's rookie class.  But RG3, Wilson, and Kaep (i know he wans't a rookie) will also probably have great seasons this year as well.  I don't see any of them regressing.

Yes.

But, there are far greater issues in the country and in the world to really IMO be truly alarmed by what Colts fans talk about on a Colts message forum.

This is all pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Football is purely entertainment and these men are all rich entertainers on the field for us to watch, enjoy and sometimes critique. No harm done.

JMO :)

I agree with you, the OP is way off base, my fellow texan brotha. I think bobby's the next joe montana.