Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Crazy stat for JJ Watt

Dustin

Would predict a stat like that for him tbh with all the tackles behind the LOS plus the fact he wont have many tackles down the field.

That is still impressive, but it would be more impressive if it was a linebacker or safety who had done it.

Ngata averaged 2.9 yards/tackle. Justin Smith 2.66. Watt, 0.16. That's very impressive. https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/356859265287340032

I do wonder about the accuracy of this, seeing as how Watt only had 69 tackles all last year. Were they all against the run, every one of them?

Ngata averaged 2.9 yards/tackle. Justin Smith 2.66. Watt, 0.16. That's very impressive. https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/356859265287340032

I do wonder about the accuracy of this, seeing as how Watt only had 69 tackles all last year. Were they all against the run, every one of them?

He had 81. 69 solo and 12 assists. And I believe it's counting the postseason as well.

I don't think there is any doubt that JJ Watt was by far the best defensive player in the league last season.

I hate that we're gonna have to face him down twice a year.  

A good gameplan can make that matchup easier. What we did in Week 17 was much better than what we did in Week 15. He's still a terror, but we can at least try to account for that.

A good gameplan can make that matchup easier. What we did in Week 17 was much better than what we did in Week 15. He's still a terror, but we can at least try to account for that.

Yeah we ran the RB to whatever side of the field JJ Watt was not on.

I've been watching football since 1960 and I really think that was the most dominant performance I have ever seen by a defensive player. I've seen guys get 6 -7 sacks in a game but that was just pretty much beating other players on pass rushes.This guy just wrecked havoc for 60 minutes that game. Destroyed the run and the pass and just plain single handedly blew up our offense that day. The only thing you can say "negative " would be pretty much what you infer above. The Colt game plan was horrible and the adjustments not made were inexcusable . The fact that Olsen and I think one of the "poorer" tackles were often left one on one was a pretty bad scheme.  

I've been watching football since 1960 and I really think that was the most dominant performance I have ever seen by a defensive player. I've seen guys get 6 -7 sacks in a game but that was just pretty much beating other players on pass rushes.This guy just wrecked havoc for 60 minutes that game. Destroyed the run and the pass and just plain single handedly blew up our offense that day. The only thing you can say "negative " would be pretty much what you infer above. The Colt game plan was horrible and the adjustments not made were inexcusable . The fact that Olsen and I think one of the "poorer" tackles were often left one on one was a pretty bad scheme.  

Yup. And, not to toot my own horn, but that Week 15 game went pretty much exactly how I expected it to go. The simple tweaks we made in Week 17 did a lot to make things easier on the offensive line and the quarterback. It also helped being at home, where the Texans just can't seem to buy a win.

Yup. And, not to toot my own horn, but that Week 15 game went pretty much exactly how I expected it to go. The simple tweaks we made in Week 17 did a lot to make things easier on the offensive line and the quarterback. It also helped being at home, where the Texans just can't seem to buy a win.

I wonder if Pagano were there if we would have gone the whole game letting a DT dominate it ? We did have a DC but can Arians be blamed at least a bit on that one. I mean that dude just dominated from the opening whistle to the ending gun.