Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Aaron Hernandez All discussion about past and present merge)

deedub75

Does anyone know if the other 2 suspects arrested were the same 2 people who tried to leave Hernandez's house when police first were there for questioning?  I also wonder if the guy who is suing Hernandez knows something about the that double murder.  Maybe that's why he's filing a civil suit instead of pressing criminal charges. 

I heard they maybe the ones that were in the car with him, I imagine then , but not sure , that may have stayed at his place afterwards and thus would be the 2 ID'd on their way out the next day

all probably thought body wouldnt be found so fast , but just guessing

HOWEVER IN ARTICLE I NOTE in comment 394 with link it says

Authorities have not spelled out the connection they believe Wallace and Ortiz have to the killing.

BUT THIS NEW  ARTICLE SAYS

As of Friday afternoon, the three others who had been in the car with Lloyd early that Monday morning were in custody.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/28/us/nfl-hernandez

All three men have ties to Bristol, Conn.: Hernandez grew up there, Ortiz had been living there and authorities had conflicting addresses for Wallace there and in Miramar ( mothers home ).

Read more:Conn. man arraigned in ex-Patriot's murder case - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23558228/conn-hometown-hernandez-shocked-at-stars-fall#ixzz2Xb7f0ASb

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hernandez's mother, Terri Hernandez, still lives in Bristol and believes her son is innocent.

"All I can say is that he will be cleared of all these charges in the end," Terri told The Bristol Press on Wednesday. "Just let it play out until the end."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215236/article/expatriot-aaron-hernandezs-mom-hell-be-cleared

His mother is following the mirage of drinking water in the desert. She sees something that I don't think will ever happen.

What mother wouldn't passionately defend her child though? No woman who gives birth to a child really wants to believe that they are a potential cold blooded killer? A little delusion is par for course if you ask me. It's not logical, but when it comes to your son or daughter, rationale thought is nowhere to be found krunk. I don't find Terri's reaction that off base personally. JMO.

What mother wouldn't passionately defend her child though? No woman who gives birth to a child really wants to believe that they are a potential cold blooded killer? A little delusion is par for course if you ask me. It's not logical, but when it comes to your son or daughter, rationale thought is nowhere to be found krunk. I don't find Terri's reaction that off base personally. JMO.

U dont find it off base , me neither , in fact , Well I find It Correct and expect even if found guilty would not be surprised a mother refuses to acknowledge it , at least in Public

Thats what Mothers should do, unless its sibling Vs sibling then I expect emotions to run wild and with unimaginable thoughts & unintended or at least poorly   thought out comments 

I think he's a little more than "knee deep"     Yes, everyone is entitled to a "fair" trial,  but you have to admit,  it is not looking good for him.

I get your desire to honor the notion of innocent until proven guilty. I do. But imagine you are the owner of a business that relies heavily on public perception of honesty and integrity. One of your employees is accused of acts that could substantially jeopardize your reputation, thereby costing you business. What if defending this employee affects your ability to compete in your market? By law, you aren't required to keep this employee on your payroll, so do you take the personal hit out of principal? Or do you cut ties to save the business and the countless other jobs it enables?

Ultimately, this is not about the issue of innocence or guilt to me. It is about the Patriots making a business decision that most benefits the organization and the rest of the team. Let the courts decide on innocence or guilt. That is what it is there to do.

I am not disagreeing with either of your thoughtful replies. Just remember 1 thing: When you are wrongfully accused of carrying out a criminal act that you did not commit, that changes a person's psyche for the worse not the better & there is no reset or rewind button, I know from personal experience what a temporary miscarriage of justice literally feels like even if it is not permanent, that sense of dread & fear never really evaporates. Please remember that. Thank you. I guess this quick rush to assess guilt to Hernandez struck a nerve with me on the part of the media etc. Once the bell of accusation has been struck, it cannot be unstruck or unrung...

U dont find it off base , me neither , in fact , Well I find It Correct and expect even if found guilty would not be surprised a mother refuses to acknowledge it , at least in Public

Thats what Mothers should do, unless its sibling Vs sibling then I expect emotions to run wild and with unimaginable thoughts & unintended or at least poorly   thought out comments 

Exactly Barry. Mothers by their typical nature nurture their children regardless of their age. You will always be their precious little baby whether you are 2 or 102. A mother's basic inclination is to protect & defend their children from harm or what they perceive to be unfounded accusations despite the reality that they might be outlandish in scope in all honesty. It's the same reason why you can't put your mother down as a reference on a job application. There is a conflict of interest because your mother cannot be objective, neutral, or impartial when evaluating their own children's skills & qualities. It's as simple as that.

Exactly Barry. Mothers by their typical nature nurture their children regardless of their age. You will always be their precious little baby whether you are 2 or 102. A mother's basic inclination is to protect & defend their children from harm or what they perceive to be unfounded accusations despite the reality that they might be outlandish in scope in all honesty. It's the same reason why you can't put your mother down as a reference on a job application. There is a conflict of interest because your mother cannot be objective, neutral, or impartial when evaluating their own children's skills & qualities. It's as simple as that.

Mothers tend to see their children as perfect little angels who never make mistakes & can do hardly anything wrong & murder is simply out the the question. That's impossible. My baby must have been set up or framed. I didn't raise a killer. He's too kind & innocent to even contemplate that. Mothers tend to have their children's backs no matter what the odds against you are. They are your #1 defender until their final breath.

I keep thinking of Hernandez's wife & child. Before a man allegedly kills another man, don't you think about your responsibility to protect & provide for them at all? Even if you are cleared of all murder charges, there are still bills to pay, clothes to buy, & food to put on the table. Being a man, means being a stable influence & providing your family with basic needs & not being an absentee husband & father. Wouldn't that make a rich person think hey if I shoot my friend, my lavish lifestyle disappears forever & I now become a poor convicted felon? Sigh...All those luxurious, creature comforts are gone forever just because you got upset & had no impulse control...Dumb isn't it? A 40 million dollar contract down the drain over a meaningless argument with a friend. Jesus, if that is how you treat your friends, how do you treat your enemies man?

I keep thinking of Hernandez's wife & child. Before a man allegedly kills another man, don't you think about your responsibility to protect & provide for them at all? Even if you are cleared of all murder charges, there are still bills to pay, clothes to buy, & food to put on the table. Being a man, means being a stable influence & providing your family with basic needs & not being an absentee husband & father. Wouldn't that make a rich person think hey if I shoot my friend, my lavish lifestyle disappears forever & I now become a poor convicted felon? Sigh...All those luxurious, creature comforts are gone forever just because you got upset & had no impulse control...Dumb isn't it? A 40 million dollar contract down the drain over a meaningless argument with a friend. Jesus, if that is how you treat your friends, how do you treat your enemies man?

From what i know and maybe wrong, childhood gang members have loyalty to gang 1st sometimes, unless of course a fellow gang member turns on u, My knowledge of gags is limited to Movies & news stories only so can be all wrong

this is a celebrity goosip site I AM TOLD< THE TMZ <  but here is a story  i havent seen  before

AARON HERNANDEZ

PEOPLE WERE OUT TO KILL ME

in constant fear that someone wanted him dead ... and that's why he stocked up on firearms ... sources close to the former New England Patriots star tell TMZ

connections to gang members in Connecticut are real -- because the 23-year-old had joined one back when he was a teenager. 

we're told Aaron believed people in the gangster world felt Aaron owed them something ... but it wasn't all about money -- they wanted his time and respect. 

Sources say ... in the months leading up to the death of Odin Lloyd, Hernandez became paranoid that people from his "old lifestyle" were trying to kill him. It's unclear if Aaron feared scorned friends ... or rivals.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/27/aaron-hernandez-gang-murder-firearms-kill-me/#ixzz2Xbzbzo9H 

now of & running again , be on & off when can

Forgive me if this is Mr. Obvious, but...

With the fact that Ortiz has been charged with carrying a gun and Wallace is charged with being an accessory after the fact, it would seem to me that Hernandez being the only one actually charged with murder indicates prosecutors believe it was him that pulled the trigger.

Forgive me if this is Mr. Obvious, but...

With the fact that Ortiz has been charged with carrying a gun and Wallace is charged with being an accessory after the fact, it would seem to me that Hernandez being the only one actually charged with murder indicates prosecutors believe it was him that pulled the trigger.

Maybe , but hes the high profile one & he called the others to come up to help, and he was mad at Loyd for talking  to wrong people, so as they saay he Orchestrated it, and often Police just may go after the planner than the executioner

But they did feel he beat him to certain extent in comments made to cay use enough harm to help support ther charge

I agree! That is par for the course for a mother, but I was speaking to what the reality most likely will be.

Maybe , but hes the high profile one & he called the others to come up to help, and he was mad at Loyd for talking  to wrong people, so as they saay he Orchestrated it, and often Police just may go after the planner than the executioner

But they did feel he beat him to certain extent in comments made to cay use enough harm to help support ther charge

Yeah, it's a fluid situation.  Some of those aspects just seem to me to point to Hernandez pulling the trigger, but I suppose anything can change as it moves forward.

Yeah, it's a fluid situation.  Some of those aspects just seem to me to point to Hernandez pulling the trigger, but I suppose anything can change as it moves forward.

thy may feel it, u & I may feel it but just may not have to prove it , if can make case without thats as a proven fact, and may need the weapon to prove that point

We dont know the entire case evidence collected in all those bags, on video, etc

Things may also change if someone makes a deal, However i wouldn't trust what any of the 3 say , its all about self preservation at this point I imaagine

MOTIVE

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... there are several operating theories,

but a prevailing one based on evidence they have already unearthed is that Lloyd "mouthed off" to Hernandez about "secrets" Hernandez had told him in the past.  

As for what the nature of the secrets -- we're told they involve 2 issues:  Aaron's involvement in drugs and Aaron's involvement in several violent incidents.

Our law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... they do not believe Lloyd tried to extort Hernandez -- in other words, ask for money in return for secrecy. 

The theory is that Hernandez went ballistic after Lloyd started throwing damaging information in Hernandez's face -- information Hernandez thought would end his relationship with his fiancée and his football career.

-- Odin's crime may have been that he was a blabbermouth.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/30/aaron-hernandez-odin-lloyd-murder-police-theory/#ixzz2XiLne6K5 

Aaron Hernandez's contract guarantees voided by Patriots

The New England Patriots have voided all of Aaron Hernandez's contract guarantees, according to a source informed of the Patriots' decision-making and an NFL Players Association source, meaning the former tight end will have to fight to receive even the portion of his signing bonus that he's already earned.

Hernandez was to receive $2.5 million in guaranteed base salaries over the next two seasons, and his ( LINK ) contract does not have language  ( LINK )  to void that money if he fails to practice.

However, the Patriots believe the Collective Bargaining Agreement covers them because he has engaged in conduct unbecoming after being arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Odin Lloyd.

ThPatriots appear to have a serious uphill battle to avoid paying this, but they seem set on making Hernandez fight for this portion of his fully guaranteed signing bonus.

by voiding  the rest of his signing bonus, the  Patriots will have a hrad fight fight.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215486/article/aaron-hernandezs-contract-guarantees-voided-by-patriots

==========================

workout bonus up to  million for next 2 years were also voided as expected as this was not protected by the contracts language and AH cant fight this

I wonder if AH has the money to fight ir will use lawyers based on % of a settemenmt

Aaron Hernandez's contract guarantees voided by Patriots

The New England Patriots have voided all of Aaron Hernandez's contract guarantees, according to a source informed of the Patriots' decision-making and an NFL Players Association source, meaning the former tight end will have to fight to receive even the portion of his signing bonus that he's already earned.

Hernandez was to receive $2.5 million in guaranteed base salaries over the next two seasons, and his ( LINK ) contract does not have language  ( LINK )  to void that money if he fails to practice.

However, the Patriots believe the Collective Bargaining Agreement covers them because he has engaged in conduct unbecoming after being arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Odin Lloyd.

ThPatriots appear to have a serious uphill battle to avoid paying this, but they seem set on making Hernandez fight for this portion of his fully guaranteed signing bonus.

by voiding  the rest of his signing bonus, the  Patriots will have a hrad fight fight.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215486/article/aaron-hernandezs-contract-guarantees-voided-by-patriots

==========================

workout bonus up to  million for next 2 years were also voided as expected as this was not protected by the contracts language and AH cant fight this

I wonder if AH has the money to fight ir will use lawyers based on % of a settemenmt

I would think AH has the tough battle. This is why the Pats released him AFTER he was arrested. The new CBA specifically addresses this issue of arrest. Also, I am not sure AH will waste time or effort fighting the Pats over money when he has to try to fight for his life.

I actually thought he was owed more money. I think there were some false reports out there on his contract.

I would think AH has the tough battle. This is why the Pats released him AFTER he was arrested. The new CBA specifically addresses this issue of arrest. Also, I am not sure AH will waste time or effort fighting the Pats over money when he has to try to fight for his life.

I actually thought he was owed more money. I think there were some false reports out there on his contract.

there are various reports each somewhat conflicting as to amounts and if new CBA has a clause u refer to & I think i have seen Pats refer to it in an article as to why AH breached it

But honestly, there is so much I've read here in forum and in news feeds by now i am left confused as to what read where

Good ???  will AH try and fight money when he is trying to fight right to stay out of Jail 

whats in his head and priorities I wouldnt venture to guess

Perhaps he doesn't have to fight if the labor relations of the players ,that is the group ((  NFLPA  ?? ))  of  whomever signed the CBA for the players , feels he is owed the money & he can just request his lawyers to ask them to fight it , provided as said they are in agreement and also do they want to represent such a tarnished reputation in a possible precedent setting fight  over what is or isnt a breach of the CBA contract

I hope that makes sense

Have a happy 4th 

there are various reports each somewhat conflicting as to amounts and if new CBA has a clause u refer to & I think i have seen Pats refer to it in an article as to why AH breached it

But honestly, there is so much I've read here in forum and in news feeds by now i am left confused as to what read where

Good ???  will AH try and fight money when he is trying to fight right to stay out of Jail 

whats in his head and priorities I wouldnt venture to guess

Perhaps he doesn't have to fight if the labor relations of the players ,that is the group of  whomever signed the CBA for the players , feels he is owed the money & he can just request his lawyers to ask them to fight it , provided as said they are in agreement and also do they want to represent such a tarnished reputation in a possible precedent setting fight  over what is or isnt a breach of the CBA contract

OI hope that makes sense

Have a happy 4th 

Yeah, I agree  I think for PR purposes alone the NFLPA is not going to make a big stink. It would look lousy if they got into a big fight with the Pats over a player arrested for first degree murder. I am pretty sure the CBA will support the Pats anyways but we'll see. I have read conflicting reports too.

He had to have been framed. There's just too much evidence. No one commits murder this stupidly, right?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9447468/cops-find-evidence-secret-aaron-hernandez-pad

left out was  or I missed it was Regarding  Police founding  five boxes of .45-caliber ammunition. This was the caliber of bullet used to kill Lloyd -- anyway was this note

Police also found keys to a Hummer H2 in the apartment, and a search of that vehicle, which was registered to Hernandez, turned up a loaded Glock .45-caliber clip.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000216088/article/aaron-hernandez-apartment-search-yields-gun-ammo

Other clothes recovered there had "the number 81" emblazoned on them, which, the affidavit notes, "is consistent with the number Hernandez wears on his Patriots uniform."

The victim had keys in his pocket to a car that had been rented by Hernandez, one of several in a fleet of rentals the former NFL star had in his name.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandez-flop-house-reveals-clothes-ammo-possibly/story?id=19573096#.UdVX__mTjSg

Grand jury already  established and collecting information

These pieces of information, added stories without explanation or emphasis, indicate that a grand jury is working diligently and thoroughly to determine who should be officially charged in connection with the death of Odin Lloyd.  It also demonstrates that witnesses otherwise aligned with Hernandez are cooperating, which generally could be very bad news for Hernandez.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/grand-jury-hears-from-hernandezs-brother-wants-to-hear-from-alexander-bradley/

====================================================================

Patriots teammates: Hernandez a loner

If anything has become obvious, it’s that very few people, if any, truly knew Aaron Hernandez.

The people who worked alongside him are not exempt from that, as several said he was as mysterious around the Patriots as he is to investigators now.

Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald spoke to a number of his former teammates, and while none gave their names, there was a general sense that Hernandez was an enigma to them.

“No one hung out with him,” one player said. “No one.”

Another added: “Out of 53 guys, surely there’s someone you could find to hang out with. Instead, he chose to revert to his network from his hometown.”

But while former Patriots teammate Deion Branch was the only teammate to refer to him as a “a great guy and a great friend,” others apparently didn’t share that opinion.

“I just think he fooled everyone,” a former teammate said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/patriots-teammates-hernandez-a-loner/

The Patriots way is s two bit copy of the Baltimore Orioles way coined from 1964 to 1985. Bellichick and Kraft took a chance on this guy , and were totally embarrassed like spy gate. The Ravens left Lawerence Phillips on the table in a similar scenario.

Yeah, I agree I think for PR purposes alone the NFLPA is not going to make a big stink. It would look lousy if they got into a big fight with the Pats over a player arrested for first degree murder. I am pretty sure the CBA will support the Pats anyways but we'll see. I have read conflicting reports too.

unless ofcourse he is acquitted

From what i know and maybe wrong, childhood gang members have loyalty to gang 1st sometimes, unless of course a fellow gang member turns on u, My knowledge of gags is limited to Movies & news stories only so can be all wrong

this is a celebrity goosip site I AM TOLD< THE TMZ <  but here is a story  i havent seen  before

AARON HERNANDEZ

PEOPLE WERE OUT TO KILL ME

in constant fear that someone wanted him dead ... and that's why he stocked up on firearms ... sources close to the former New England Patriots star tell TMZ

connections to gang members in Connecticut are real -- because the 23-year-old had joined one back when he was a teenager. 

we're told Aaron believed people in the gangster world felt Aaron owed them something ... but it wasn't all about money -- they wanted his time and respect. 

Sources say ... in the months leading up to the death of Odin Lloyd, Hernandez became paranoid that people from his "old lifestyle" were trying to kill him. It's unclear if Aaron feared scorned friends ... or rivals.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/27/aaron-hernandez-gang-murder-firearms-kill-me/#ixzz2Xbzbzo9H 

now of & running again , be on & off when can

If Mr. Hernandez genuinely feared for the safety of his life & his family, don't you think he would have sat down with Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, local police, & even the FBI weeks or months after being signed to address his concerns firsthand though? I'm not questioning you at all Barry just Aaron's assertion for believing that such a serious threat in his eyes ["People were trying to kill me"] warranted no preventive measures through both legal & law enforcement channels. 

Grand jury already  established and collecting information

These pieces of information, added stories without explanation or emphasis, indicate that a grand jury is working diligently and thoroughly to determine who should be officially charged in connection with the death of Odin Lloyd.  It also demonstrates that witnesses otherwise aligned with Hernandez are cooperating, which generally could be very bad news for Hernandez.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/grand-jury-hears-from-hernandezs-brother-wants-to-hear-from-alexander-bradley/

====================================================================

Patriots teammates: Hernandez a loner

If anything has become obvious, it’s that very few people, if any, truly knew Aaron Hernandez.

The people who worked alongside him are not exempt from that, as several said he was as mysterious around the Patriots as he is to investigators now.

Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald spoke to a number of his former teammates, and while none gave their names, there was a general sense that Hernandez was an enigma to them.

“No one hung out with him,” one player said. “No one.”

Another added: “Out of 53 guys, surely there’s someone you could find to hang out with. Instead, he chose to revert to his network from his hometown.”

But while former Patriots teammate Deion Branch was the only teammate to refer to him as a “a great guy and a great friend,” others apparently didn’t share that opinion.

“I just think he fooled everyone,” a former teammate said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/patriots-teammates-hernandez-a-loner/

In cases like this with a murder, colleagues who knew Hernandez wanna know why they didn't see any visual clues, cues, or signs that a former teammate was allegedly capable of homicide. My point is don't tie too much to that fact that simply because they are a private person with few locker room friends they are up to no good. The media loves to portray loners as anti-social, criminally inclined behavior which is far from accurate. Now, the profile of a loner who commits an act of violence fits in Aaron's case, but it is hardly an established rule that private people are more likely to carry out a cold blooded murder.

Again, I am saying the media looks for a simplistic way to pigeonhole criminal acts of violence without really realizing how dangerous a false level of equal footing between loners &  murders really are. I am not accusing Barry of subscribing to that utter nonsense. Barry is too smart & well traveled to fall for that lunacy IMHO.  ;)  :thmup:

If Mr. Hernandez genuinely feared for the safety of his life & his family, don't you think he would have sat down with Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, local police, & even the FBI weeks or months after being signed to address his concerns firsthand though? I'm not questioning you at all Barry just Aaron's assertion for believing that such a serious threat in his eyes ["People were trying to kill me"] warranted no preventive measures through both legal & law enforcement channels. 

i know u r not saying i said that, , i am just reporting what an article said

now they are blaming the NFL

Blaming NFL for Aaron Hernandez mess is laughable

Very Long Article

Rivera and Limbaugh regarding Hernandez and the NFL.

Yet their voices carry weight. 

Rivera “Why aren’t they mentoring these young men who are fatherless, many of them—Ray Lewis and all the rest. Michael Vick. Uh, you can count them. There’s a ton of them. They sign them because they’re superb athletes and do nothing to preserve their character and put them on the right road toward manhood. It’s really pathetic.”

Author goes on to explain why its all wrong to say that , what the NFL is doing, and what Goodell should do in response to irresponsible behavior

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-07-03/aaron-hernandez-murder-charges-new-england-patriots-nfl-roger-goodell

I believe the CBA talks about being arrested not convicted. So the arrest alone would be enough for them to recoup the money. At least it should be.

no it shouldn't. people are arrested everyday for things they didn't do. I don't think that is the case with AH. But why should a person be punished if they didn't do what they are accused of?

If AH is the gangbanger portrayed in the news, he'd surely see himself as too tough an hombre to go running to "daddy" for help of any kind. He'd take take care of it himself.

no it shouldn't. people are arrested everyday for things they didn't do. I don't think that is the case with AH. But why should a person be punished if they didn't do what they are accused of?

Typically companies have standards and policies put in place in their handbooks that outline what they expect from their employees.  A company must keep an eye on its image and having employees arrested/charge with things definitely does not look good.  It is like when people spout off in social media or out in the public saying offensive/stupid crap and get fired.  The first amendment protects from the government stifling your speech.  It is not there to protect you from being fired for saying things that goes against the core values of the company.

I cannot blame  company for wanting to fire someone who gets arrested because if you are dumb enough to put yourself in those kind of positions who knows what else you are doing while at work.

Typically companies have standards and policies put in place in their handbooks that outline what they expect from their employees. A company must keep an eye on its image and having employees arrested/charge with things definitely does not look good. It is like when people spout off in social media or out in the public saying offensive/stupid crap and get fired. The first amendment protects from the government stifling your speech. It is not there to protect you from being fired for saying things that goes against the core values of the company.

I cannot blame company for wanting to fire someone who gets arrested because if you are dumb enough to put yourself in those kind of positions who knows what else you are doing while at work.

so if you are wrongfully accused, and proved to be not guilty you should lose your job?

so if you are wrongfully accused, and proved to be not guilty you should lose your job?

I think he's saying you can be fired at the accusation, and I believe that is true (at least in Indiana). If proven not guilty, a company can always rehire.

While I'd assert that I'd be inclined to be sensitive to circumstances, I also know I wouldn't want my company and my name dragged through courts and news in an unfavorable light.

The company will just view you as an * for putting yourself into that position in the first place.  Companies do not care about people they care about he bottom line.  You getting wrongfully accused of drugs or rape or whatever will have an impact on their company. So you will get axed and they will just find someone else.  It is just the culture that Americans have created over the years when it comes to capitalism.

This has nothing to do with what is fair or unfair. This part of the CBA that was negotiated specifically by the owners and its impetus was Plaxico Burress. The Giants were unable to recoup the money they owed him even after he went to prison because the previous CBA did not address arrests. The new language says that if a player is arrested, not convicted, then the team can recoup the money. This is why the Pats waited until after Hernandez was officially arrested before releasing him. This whole thing is part of Goodell’s crusade to rid the NFL of malcontents and troublemakers. But honestly if he does not start suspending players for life instead of games then I think the problem will persist. Not to mention that he needs to implement more programs to help these players better adjust to being a pro player and handing the huge contracts.

This has nothing to do with what is fair or unfair. This part of the CBA that was negotiated specifically by the owners and its impetus was Plaxico Burress. The Giants were unable to recoup the money they owed him even after he went to prison because the previous CBA did not address arrests. The new language says that if a player is arrested, not convicted, then the team can recoup the money. This is why the Pats waited until after Hernandez was officially arrested before releasing him. This whole thing is part of Goodell’s crusade to rid the NFL of malcontents and troublemakers. But honestly if he does not start suspending players for life instead of games then I think the problem will persist. Not to mention that he needs to implement more programs to help these players better adjust to being a pro player and handing the huge contracts.

Losing your job is one thing. But a player being arrested isn't proof they did something wrong. The provisions that allow a team to recoup bonus money are based on breach of contract when it comes to personal conduct. If a player is wrongfully accused of something, that doesn't equal breach of contract.

Let's say, in a wild twist, Aaron Hernandez is cleared of all wrongdoing, completely exonerated. If that were the case, he didn't violate the terms of his contract, and the Patriots wouldn't have the right to recoup any bonus money, nor would they have a legitimate claim for cap relief. 

That said, I don't believe the CBA's provisions are entirely dependent on convictions. A lot of legal matters get pleaded down, never seeing trial, so there is no conviction. Some are dismissed for other reasons. I believe in those situations, a team can still recoup bonus money and apply for cap relief. 

Losing your job is one thing. But a player being arrested isn't proof they did something wrong. The provisions that allow a team to recoup bonus money are based on breach of contract when it comes to personal conduct. If a player is wrongfully accused of something, that doesn't equal breach of contract.

Let's say, in a wild twist, Aaron Hernandez is cleared of all wrongdoing, completely exonerated. If that were the case, he didn't violate the terms of his contract, and the Patriots wouldn't have the right to recoup any bonus money, nor would they have a legitimate claim for cap relief. 

That said, I don't believe the CBA's provisions are entirely dependent on convictions. A lot of legal matters get pleaded down, never seeing trial, so there is no conviction. Some are dismissed for other reasons. I believe in those situations, a team can still recoup bonus money and apply for cap relief. 

Yes, the CBA was specifically worded about arrests not convictions under the player conduct policy portion. So I believe even if AH is completely exonerated, he would still the owe money. I will try to find the link on this.

Ernest Wallace will be arraigned Monday

The courtroom proceeding could include new facts, information, and/or clues regarding the prosecution’s case against Wallace and Aaron Hernandez, who is jailed without bail for allegedly orchestrating Lloyd’s murder.

The secret nature of the ( grand Jury )  process means that little details will be made available regarding the witnesses who testify and the things they say.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/ernest-wallace-will-be-arraigned-monday/

============================================================================

Arrests were rampant in Gainesville under Urban Meyer 

Yes, it would have been better if Urban Meyer had left the can of worms closed. (isteadof defending himself and the Florida Program

As pointed out by Greg Bishop of the New York Times, at least 31 players were arrested during Meyer’s run

alleged crimes extended far beyond the garden-variety heck-raising stuff, with one player accused of making 70 charges on a credit card belonging to a woman who had died in a motorcycle accident, and another  player stealing a laptop and throwing the computer out the window when police arrived.  (Yep, that guy currently plays quarterback for the Panthers.)

arrests or not, Meyer didn’t care, as long as the team was successful.  It’s a reality that Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins, who was tolerated by Meyer but kicked out of school by his successor, Will Muschamp, astutely recognized in 2011.

“If Coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” Jenkins said at the time. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/arrests-were-rampant-in-gainesville-under-urban-meyer/

Ernest Wallace will be arraigned Monday

The courtroom proceeding could include new facts, information, and/or clues regarding the prosecution’s case against Wallace and Aaron Hernandez, who is jailed without bail for allegedly orchestrating Lloyd’s murder.

The secret nature of the ( grand Jury )  process means that little details will be made available regarding the witnesses who testify and the things they say.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/ernest-wallace-will-be-arraigned-monday/

============================================================================

Arrests were rampant in Gainesville under Urban Meyer 

Yes, it would have been better if Urban Meyer had left the can of worms closed. (isteadof defending himself and the Florida Program

As pointed out by Greg Bishop of the New York Times, at least 31 players were arrested during Meyer’s run

alleged crimes extended far beyond the garden-variety heck-raising stuff, with one player accused of making 70 charges on a credit card belonging to a woman who had died in a motorcycle accident, and another  player stealing a laptop and throwing the computer out the window when police arrived.  (Yep, that guy currently plays quarterback for the Panthers.)

arrests or not, Meyer didn’t care, as long as the team was successful.  It’s a reality that Rams cornerback Janoris Jenkins, who was tolerated by Meyer but kicked out of school by his successor, Will Muschamp, astutely recognized in 2011.

“If Coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” Jenkins said at the time. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/06/arrests-were-rampant-in-gainesville-under-urban-meyer/

During Meyer's time with the Gators, Florida had at least 31 arrests involving 25 players.

Many involved alcohol possession and disorderly conduct, but a dozen involved initial charges of felonies or violent misdemeanors.

Read more:Urban Meyer: Florida not responsible for Hernandez murder - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23612247/urban-meyer-florida-not-responsible-hernandez-murder#ixzz2YMU5ok00