Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the top 100

CR91

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He carries the ball more than any player in the league. Percentages are the better stats to look at.

So thats part of how they run there offense and the fact that they can put that much on him and he can produce CONSISTENTLY just says how good he is and was last year

So thats part of how they run there offense and the fact that they can put that much on him and he can produce CONSISTENTLY just says how good he is and was last year

Being consistent doesn't make you good. Cassius Vaughn was the most consistent CB in the league last year.

Foster was consistently average in the run game, and consistently bad in the receiving game, and consistently bad in the blocking game.

He was bad, I gave the stats. If you guys want to ignore them then go ahead.

Being consistent doesn't make you good. Cassius Vaughn was the most consistent CB in the league last year.

Foster was consistently average in the run game, and consistently bad in the receiving game, and consistently bad in the blocking game.

He was bad, I gave the stats. If you guys want to ignore them then go ahead.

Ill take 15 "bad" rushing td's and a 4.1 ypc and a workhorse Back 351 rush attemps along with his 41 receptions for 5.4 average any day really

Ill take 15 "bad" rushing td's and a 4.1 ypc and a workhorse Back 351 rush attemps along with his 41 receptions for 5.4 average any day really

Volume stats. Ballards would have similar stats if he had 350 attempts.

Matter of fact, Ballard would have had more yardage.

Ballard had 3.9 ypc. He wouldn't have had more yards if he carried the ball the same number of times Foster did, Thats impossible, I think at this point your just trying to downgrade how good Foster has been when the fact his he is one of the better Backs in the league and could walk in the Colts complex, learn the playbook and make ANY one of our running backs expendable top to bottom

Ballard had 3.9 ypc. He wouldn't have had more yards if he carried the ball the same number of times Foster did, Thats impossible, I think at this point your just trying to downgrade how good Foster has been when the fact his he is one of the better Backs in the league and could wlak in the Colts complex, learn the playbook and make any one of our running backs expendable

Ballard had a 4.2 YPC in starts. The first few games he was only used in short yardage situation s. Foster could make any of our backs exendable (though id doubt he'd suceed out of a ZBS). Still doesn't change the fact he was bad last year.

Ballard had 3.9 ypc. He wouldn't have had more yards if he carried the ball the same number of times Foster did, Thats impossible, I think at this point your just trying to downgrade how good Foster has been when the fact his he is one of the better Backs in the league and could walk in the Colts complex, learn the playbook and make ANY one of our running backs expendable top to bottom

Btw im not "downgrading him". I have no reason to.

Ballard had a 4.2 YPC in starts. The first few games he was only used in short yardage situation s. Foster could make any of our backs exendable (though id doubt he'd suceed out of a ZBS). Still doesn't change the fact he was bad last year.

O.o  The Texans under Kubiak and Rick Dennison run a Zone scheme, thats 1 of the reasons I wanted Dennison before the beginning of last year

I know, I said he'd have trouble OUT of a ZBS.

Meh we will be running some Zone plays as well and seeing as how we have mobile agile O Linemen I hope its quite a bit but dont think its going to be alot

Whatever, I watch the guy 16 games a year including the playoffs, the guy is a great talent, I'm not saying he's number 1 but in my opinion Dustin, you are reaching here. We've had this argument before and I won't go on any longer.

These lists are getting old and tiresome. It was cool in 2011 when they did it for the first time but now it is just a ranting exercise about the players who either did not make the list or others who did make the list but believe they should have been ranked higher.

The biggest travesty on this list? Richard Sherman at 50. A complete joke. I stopped caring after that revelation.

Whatever, I watch the guy 16 games a year including the playoffs, the guy is a great talent, I'm not saying he's number 1 but in my opinion Dustin, you are reaching here. We've had this argument before and I won't go on any longer.

Hahaha! 16 games including playoffs? Are you saying you miss games, or are you saying they won't be in any playoff games?

:scratch: There is still 16 games in a season and playoffs

There are 16 games in a regular season. So if he watches 16, INCLUDING playoffs, that would mean zero playoff games.

16 games watched minus 16 regular season games leaves zero for playoffs.

There are 16 games in a regular season. So if he watches 16, INCLUDING playoffs, that would mean zero playoff games.

16 games watched minus 16 regular season games leaves zero for playoffs.

f_2a0ec29bef.jpg

Please, do go on.

Hey, can we apply this statement to Andrew Luck, too?

You know, in terms of his yardage #s, TDs/attempt, etc.

Pretty sobering when you look at his yards per attempt, versus his raw yardage totals.

Hey, can we apply this statement to Andrew Luck, too?

You know, in terms of his yardage #s, TDs/attempt, etc.

Pretty sobering when you look at his yards per attempt, versus his raw yardage totals.

You absolutely can. He was inefficient from a YPA standpoint and a completion % standpoint.  

EDIT: Though YPA and completion percentage go hand in hand so a higher completion percentage generally leads to a higher YPA.

These lists are getting old and tiresome. It was cool in 2011 when they did it for the first time but now it is just a ranting exercise about the players who either did not make the list or others who did make the list but believe they should have been ranked higher.

The biggest travesty on this list? Richard Sherman at 50. A complete joke. I stopped caring after that revelation.

Yeah...Sherman probably should have been a Top 30-40 guy.

And Saints TE Jimmy Graham...after ranking #14 last year...didn't even make the Top 100 with 85 receptions 982 yards and 9 TDs in 2012?

Ridiculous

They put rg3 ahead of luck what a surprise. He's 23

He won rookie of the year so he will get favored. Probably means Peterson will be #1 due to winning MVP I am guessing. And Manning maybe second.

The NFL likes their awards thingies.

Yeah...Sherman probably should have been a Top 30-40 guy.

And Saints TE Jimmy Graham...after ranking #14 last year...didn't even make the Top 100 with 85 receptions 982 yards and 9 TDs in 2012?

Ridiculous

could be the players thought he was just a product of sean payton. i guess we'll find out in a couple of months

He won rookie of the year so he will get favored. Probably means Peterson will be #1 due to winning MVP I am guessing. And Manning maybe second.

The NFL likes their awards thingies.

that was wrong too. luck didnt have anything that rg3 had

could be the players thought he was just a product of sean payton. i guess we'll find out in a couple of months

That's part of the problem....Payton wasn't there all season and he still lit up defenses with WR-like numbers.

It almost seems like they totally forgot to put his name on the ballot and no one noticed...the guy is a freak.

That's part of the problem....Payton wasn't there all season and he still lit up defenses with WR-like numbers.

It almost seems like they totally forgot to put his name on the ballot and no one noticed...the guy is a freak.

compared to what he did in 2011. this was a down year for him. I do agree though he should have made the list especially over pitta.

Why? It tells me players factor in behaviour etc into their thought process as well as football talent.

Why? It tells me players factor in behaviour etc into their thought process as well as football talent.

I think it is just petty gripes to be honest. Richard Sherman's teammates love him but opposing teams hate him because he runs his mouth while shutting them down. I prefer a list based on talent. Save the behavioral stuff for Oprah.

I think it is just petty gripes to be honest. Richard Sherman's teammates love him but opposing teams hate him because he runs his mouth while shutting them down. I prefer a list based on talent. Save the behavioral stuff for Oprah.

If one of your work colleagues was repeatedly shouting his mouth off, would you go to your boss and recommend him for Employee of the Year award? I doubt it very much....

If one of your work colleagues was repeatedly shouting his mouth off, would you go to your boss and recommend him for Employee of the Year award? I doubt it very much....

But this isn't an employee of the year or football player of the year award. It is supposed to be a list of the top players for the given year. This year's list is supposed to be based on last season's performance. The best 100 players for one season. Period. There is nothing in the criteria abut behavior. That is why the list is so bogus. No way Sherman is only the 50th best player from last year. I get that there is politics in everything and favoritism. But if the list becomes more of a popularity contest which appears to be happening than it will not go on much longer IMO.

But this isn't an employee of the year or football player of the year award. It is supposed to be a list of the top players for the given year. This year's list is supposed to be based on last season's performance. The best 100 players for one season. Period. There is nothing in the criteria abut behavior. That is why the list is so bogus. No way Sherman is only the 50th best player from last year. I get that there is politics in everything and favoritism. But if the list becomes more of a popularity contest which appears to be happening than it will not go on much longer IMO.

I see what you are doing. Because you disagree with the outcome, you are having a tantrum. The people who voted (and I've no idea who they were, or what the criteria was), placed him in 50th place, so that is where he belongs on that list. Pretty simple. I'm not debating where the poll is akin to a Nobel Peace Prize or not. It's a piece of entertainment to ease us through the off season.

Looking forward to your comments on where Brady falls as well.

I see what you are doing. Because you disagree with the outcome, you are having a tantrum. The people who voted (and I've no idea who they were, or what the criteria was), placed him in 50th place, so that is where he belongs on that list. Pretty simple. I'm not debating where the poll is akin to a Nobel Peace Prize or not. It's a piece of entertainment to ease us through the off season.

Looking forward to your comments on where Brady falls as well.

What tantrum? I have not even been following it other than this thread. The list was novel and fun in 2011. Now it is getting old and tired IMO. I will not be watching whenever Brady is announced. You can let me know. ;)