Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

vaugh intercepts luck in redzone in otas

Stephen

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the second game against the Jags...arguably his best game.

That was Butler who had the picks vs the Jags Part 2. Vaughn tried to jump the route and got beat on a Stop N Go. The game Vaughn fell over the goaline was vs the Titans @ LOS

That was Butler who had the picks vs the Jags Part 2. Vaughn tried to jump the route and got beat on a Stop N Go. The game Vaughn fell over the goaline was vs the Titans @ LOS

Yep, you're right. It was against Locker to start the second half. I stand corrected.

Lacey played in a soft zone defense, of course he had his eyes to the ball. We were asking Vaughn to play mostly man coverage. I personally think Vaughn has better ball skills and athleticism than Lacey. He just needs to play with more discipline.

By the way, I think I watch more non Colts football than a lot of people on this site. There are a lot of bad cornerbacks playing significant roles throughout the league. Vaughn isn't as bad as people seem to think.

Totally different defenses is correct...better athlete is correct. Yes he needs serious coaching as to the discipline...maybe as a dime as you say...

He made our defense look horrible at times just by the lack of defense.  As I said, I will root for him...but I hope we are good enough to let him go.  Here is to hoping his OTA interception is a sign of a great season for him.

I was wrong too...It WAS the Titans...Thanks TK!!  I get our division games mixed up sometimes...:)

Yep, you're right. It was against Locker to start the second half. I stand corrected.

I was wrong too...It WAS the Titans...Thanks TK!! I get our division games mixed up sometimes...:)

Don't worry about it guys; happens to the best of us haha

Little interesting scoop right here for you guys wanting to know about Werner

@mchappell51: #colts Bjoern Werner expected to get 4-yr, $7.8 mill deal with $4.1 mill SB. Should count approx. $1.4 mill vs. cap.

@mchappell51: Even after Bjoern Werner signs, #colts will be approx. $7.4 mill under cap. Werner will replace player on 51 that's counting $486,667

It's easy to say simply that Vaughn stinks.  But, in reality, he was an unheralded player getting thrust into his first NFL playing time before he was ready.  It would have been better to ease him in with a year of nickel or dime experience.  However, the playing time was good for his development and he was playing better late in the season.  They've got him down to the #4 guy now, which is a better place for him to continue to learn.  I think he has a definite role, and if we have a few injuries we may be very thankful for him and the experience he got last year...

He should have made INTs against Ravens...OTA is just practice, a lost PO game is a lost opportunity.

Not to be too negative but I was under the impression that OTAs, training camp and pre-season is getting the players ready for the up coming season not last season. 

It's easy to say simply that Vaughn stinks.  But, in reality, he was an unheralded player getting thrust into his first NFL playing time before he was ready.  It would have been better to ease him in with a year of nickel or dime experience.  However, the playing time was good for his development and he was playing better late in the season.  They've got him down to the #4 guy now, which is a better place for him to continue to learn.  I think he has a definite role, and if we have a few injuries we may be very thankful for him and the experience he got last year...

You have to be careful of making sense in here. It seems a few in here has better judgement that any of the Colts coaches or Grigson. Everyone knows when a team that starts with 37 new players that they all will play like they have played together since high school. Maybe with some better D-Line play it could take some pressure off of the DBs. You never know. :goodluck:

Not to be too negative but I was under the impression that OTAs, training camp and pre-season is getting the players ready for the up coming season not last season. 

sure, OTAs and Training camps are to get players ready to regular season, still players shall perform on regular games. Playing well in OTA means nothing for regular season.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - oversized emoticon
Hidden by Nadine, May 30, 2013 - oversized emoticon

Redzone drill...practice.....always try and force it in....that is why he got one and Sheppard.  

Vaughn must have had his body open to the ball instead of back to the ball.....for a change.  We need a picture...photographer.gif

Lol yes Brother ,because the picture will last,something else wont  :funny:

You have to be careful of making sense in here. It seems a few in here has better judgement that any of the Colts coaches or Grigson. Everyone knows when a team that starts with 37 new players that they all will play like they have played together since high school. Maybe with some better D-Line play it could take some pressure off of the DBs. You never know. :goodluck:

I think you are correct on the "better DL play comment:  "It could take some pressure off of the DBs."  In fact better play from the entire front 7.

One place I have to disagree is a Colt fan DOES understand about a team with 37 new players.  Why?  Because it was far worse LAST off season   At the beginning of training camp we had 53 players that wew either rookies or without a full year of experience on the roster.  That requires a program :)  So does 37.   :)

I may be Vaughn's worst critic on here, but one thing I do is make a whole lotta sense....of course when I am joking 'nonsensically....' :colts:  :colts:

It must've bounced off Vaughn's helmet when he wasn't looking at the ball, then landed in his hands. :)

Come to find out...through two of my incredibly talented insider sources...he intercepted a Hasselback pass instead of Luck....

BUT WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Red zone OTA practice! :funny:

Come to find out...through two of my incredibly talented insider sources...he intercepted a Hasselback pass instead of Luck....

BUT WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Red zone OTA practice! :funny:

Would I be an insider ? :bag:  :hmm:  :funny:

From what I read Sheppard picked Luck off in the endzone after tipping pass,Vaughn pioked Hasselback would've been 100 yd TD http://heraldbulletin.com/sports/x1167594142/Colts-Notebook-Luck-enjoys-first-taste-of-OTAs

Here is to hoping Hasselback > Kerry Collins (.)  And we do not need him accept for mop up.....

Edited by Nadine
oversized emoticon