Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Irsay

Mike Chernoff

Mayor Hudnut

Mayflower Moving guy

Former Baltimore Mayor William Schaefer

Former Baltimore City Comptroller Hyman Pressman

Former Maryland Governor Harry Hughes

The Citizens of Maryland & Baltimore who elected and reelected them all.

-or-

Former Colts Owner Robert Irsay

Former Indianapolis Mayor William Hudnut

Former Chief Executive Officer of Mayflower Transit John B. Smith

The citizens of Indianapolis,Indiana who had the nuts to pay for a new stadium without even having a team.

Former Baltimore Mayor William Schaefer

Former Baltimore City Comptroller Hyman Pressman

Former Maryland Governor Harry Hughes

The Citizens of Maryland & Baltimore who elected and reelected them all.

-or-

Former Colts Owner Robert Irsay

Former Indianapolis Mayor William Hudnut

Former Chief Executive Officer of Mayflower Transit John B. Smith

The citizens of Indianapolis,Indiana who had the nuts to pay for a new stadium without even having a team.

That's funny Brian. I think those Baltimore and Maryland elected officials would be better suited for Mt. Trashmore in Norfolk, VA, than Mt. Rushmore. Just to let you know, I didn't vote for any of those clowns, as my political affiliations are different from those gentlemen. By the way, Mayor Hudnut now resides in Chevy Chase, MD, of all places ! He should have stayed in Indiana, as that same political party is now putting a rain tax on us !

Imo Colts are the Colts regardless of city and it SHOULD(Key word right there) be, in no particular order:

Johnny U

Bert Jones(Sheer respect)

Peyton Manning

Marv/Edge/you get the drift one of our franchise leaders

Son-of-a-gun!  You beat me to the exact choices.

Johnny U

Bert Jones

Peyton Manning

Marvin Harrison

...and became the Mayor. Baltimore better keep it tight or the Chevy Chase Ravens may be added to the list of professional football franchises.

We already had the Capitol Bullets, starring Abe Pollan. I don't think Dan Synder would like Mayor Hudnut bringing the Ravens to Chevy Chase. If he did, we could have the actual Chevy Chase as mascot for the new Ravens !

no way johnny u. with all due respect to what he meant to the franchise, he disowned the colts and took that hatred to his grave

he was a very vocal member of the media hatred in baltimore, which was partially what led to the colts' departure

How about we do an Indy Mt. Rushmore, and a Baltimore Mt. Rushmore ? It's more complicated about Johnny than what you state.

How about we do an Indy Mt. Rushmore, and a Baltimore Mt. Rushmore ? It's more complicated about Johnny than what you state.

yeah i have just seen documentaries probably biased in the colts favor. it's not like i lived through it. but i have seen video clips of him saying some unfortunate things. it didn't make me hate him it just made me sad 

That would be an insult imo. You either include Baltimore or respect their hatred towards us and exclude them. I naturally am for inclusion because I personally would love it to be finally settled and in the past.

That would be an insult imo. You either include Baltimore or respect their hatred towards us and exclude them. I naturally am for inclusion because I personally would love it to be finally settled and in the past.

I'm kind of surprised so many on this forum like, and want to include the Baltimore Colt years. Remembering the old guys isn't a bad thing. I think it's a generational thing about picking four guys. The older guys like me would have more Baltimore Colts, while I suspect the younger people would have Indy Colts. If you were in Baltimore and compared the old Colts to the new Ravens, you would get a similar result.I would be biased to the older Baltimore Colt guys, while probably adding in Peyton Manning if picking just Colts. 

I'd definitely make  my picks for the Indy years.

Dickerson was our first superstar, in the early years.

Manning, Edge, and Harrison for being the foundation the last decade of excellent Indy Colts football was built upon.

yeah i have just seen documentaries probably biased in the colts favor. it's not like i lived through it. but i have seen video clips of him saying some unfortunate things. it didn't make me hate him it just made me sad 

Maybe had he lived as long as Raymond Berry, things might have been different. He was more mad at Irsay and Joe Thomas than he was mad at Indianpolis. He was pro-Baltimore, not anti- Indianapolis. It is probably fair to say he was anti-Bob Irsay.

...and became the Mayor. Baltimore better keep it tight or the Chevy Chase Ravens may be added to the list of professional football franchises.

By the way, I like how you picked out obscure Baltimore political hack politician Hyman Pressman out of the woodwork. I haven't heard his name invoked in many a year. I also enjoyed your overview of : The Move to Indianapolis: The True Story. While you certainly have many of the faux pas's included that were Baltimore's fault, you are very light on the antics of Robert Irsay. I may have to do my own version called,  The Move to Indianpolis : The Rest of the Story.

I do believe if Irsay had been less abrasive at the time, he may well have gotten a stadium, and all the concessions that he wanted. Of course if that happened, you wouldn't have the Colts, and we wouldn't have the Ravens. I guess things happen for a reason.

Will be a great day when we mark the Colts having been in Indy longer than Baltimore. Regardless of history, championships, Super Bowls, players, that day will turn history to our Colts. While I respect the Baltimore Colts era and history, and would support the Colts no matter what city they played in, in a very short time history will forever remember our Colts, the Indianapolis Colts.

I'm kind of surprised so many on this forum like, and want to include the Baltimore Colt years. Remembering the old guys isn't a bad thing. I think it's a generational thing about picking four guys. The older guys like me would have more Baltimore Colts, while I suspect the younger people would have Indy Colts. If you were in Baltimore and compared the old Colts to the new Ravens, you would get a similar result.I would be biased to the older Baltimore Colt guys, while probably adding in Peyton Manning if picking just Colts. 

I'm 21 so probably a part of the younger guys. Idk just always felt a franchise is still a franchise regardless of changing of names/cities and it's players should count for that franchise.

I'm 21 so probably a part of the younger guys. Idk just always felt a franchise is still a franchise regardless of changing of names/cities and it's players should count for that franchise.

it's a lot harder when the franchise is storied. the browns were luckier than baltimore. poor cleveland fans had to look a long way back to remember the glory  :D

personally i wouldn't have cared if the colts name was changed upon their arrival because i was a kid and the baltimore history meant nothing to me at that age

Was Ray Berry better than Lenny Moore..?

Your thoughts..

Tough choice.  I pick Ray Berry because the passing attack had more impact on games, especially big games like "The Greatest Game Ever Played", Colts vs Giants 1958 Championship game.

Will be a great day when we mark the Colts having been in Indy longer than Baltimore. Regardless of history, championships, Super Bowls, players, that day will turn history to our Colts. While I respect the Baltimore Colts era and history, and would support the Colts no matter what city they played in, in a very short time history will forever remember our Colts, the Indianapolis Colts.

I like when Indy fans bring up the , ' they have been in Indy longer than Baltimore argument," like the Baltimore years will just go away, or be totally merged by Indianapolis. Unfortunately, it's like the Brookyn Dodgers , just featured in the film 42, or the Baltimore Colts in the movie Diner. You just can't eraseor change history, much as you may want to. For example, under Super Bowls, it will always read Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts 2-2. I'm really surprised that Indy fans are so interested in the Baltimore part of Colts history. It's fascinating.

it's a lot harder when the franchise is storied. the browns were luckier than baltimore. poor cleveland fans had to look a long way back to remember the glory  :D

personally i wouldn't have cared if the colts name was changed upon their arrival because i was a kid and the baltimore history meant nothing to me at that age

The Browns had a pretty good history dating back to the Otto Graham years, and the 1964 NFL Championship win with Jim Brown. Could you imagine my Mt. Rushmore if we had the Brown's history?

Joe Flacco

Jim Brown

Otto Graham

Ray Lewis

Glad it didn't turn out that way because I never would want the Browns history in Baltimore.

the older announcers that still refer to us as the baltimore colts are slowly retiring or dying off. dan dierdorf is good for about one a game. pat sumerall did it constantly :)

I haven't heard an announcer say Baltimore Colts in years. Probably Dierdorf still says St. Louis Cardinals. Whatever happened to his buddy Conrad Dobler ? LOL

the older announcers that still refer to us as the baltimore colts are slowly retiring or dying off. dan dierdorf is good for about one a game. pat sumerall did it constantly :)

I turn on the radio when dierdork is doing the game

I like when Indy fans bring up the , ' they have been in Indy longer than Baltimore argument," like the Baltimore years will just go away, or be totally merged by Indianapolis. Unfortunately, it's like the Brookyn Dodgers , just featured in the film 42, or the Baltimore Colts in the movie Diner. You just can't eraseor change history, much as you may want to. For example, under Super Bowls, it will always read Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts 2-2. I'm really surprised that Indy fans are so interested in the Baltimore part of Colts history. It's fascinating.

I am honestly very against it being split into two "eras". Imo it shouldn't matter what city you were in at one time no matter the success or failures a franchise is a franchise end of story. The Colts are the Colts, the Ravens are the Ravens, and the Browns are the Browns. 

I am honestly very against it being split into two "eras". Imo it shouldn't matter what city you were in at one time no matter the success or failures a franchise is a franchise end of story. The Colts are the Colts, the Ravens are the Ravens, and the Browns are the Browns. 

It's fine however you want to define it. They are the Indianapolis Colts now, but just remember you can take the Colts out of Baltimore, but you can't take Baltimore out of the Colts. It's a fragmented, but very good history.

Rushmore only has 4 presidents so I'm going to stick with my 4. 

Unitas and Manning for sure.. I'd personally like to see Dungy regardless of only having 1 Superbowl (w/ us) his character is still reflected in how the Colts play and his face deserves to be on a mountain. And maybe one day I can add Luck to that list.