Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN post draft power rankings

BronxColtNYC

Not sure why you quoted my post, but I agree with every word you say.

It was just a response to your comment. Nothing negative to you. Just a comment that came to mind in the aftermath of last season and the Ravens winning the super bowl. You brought up a very good point in fans pointing fingers at the QB and the bigger picture of what it takes to win a super bowl. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All early power rankings just make for debates and opinions for fans to talk about.  Football fans just want to be involved and informed of whats going on year round. I think all of us knows these rankings mean zero when the real season starts. Is it really that hard for all of the so called experts to pick the 49ers or the Seahawks to be at the top of the list?  Lets see if any of these experts can pick a team that comes out of nowhere to win a division or make some noise deep into the playoffs. If my memory serves me most of the so called experts had the Colts having the number one pick again this year. For a few years now we have seen most of the so called experts pick New England to win the super bowl. Now its the 49ers and Seahawks turn to get the attention. 

You just wasted 30 seconds of my life reading that drivel. It won't happen again, welcome to my ignore list.

Always astounds me that there are 49 year old men out there that can't handle a simple difference of opinion to the point where they have to resort to this...

notlistening.gif

;)

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, May 5, 2013 - removing personal shot & response
Hidden by shecolt, May 5, 2013 - removing personal shot & response

It was just a response to your comment. Nothing negative to you. Just a comment that came to mind in the aftermath of last season and the Ravens winning the super bowl. You brought up a very good point in fans pointing fingers at the QB and the bigger picture of what it takes to win a super bowl. 

You're a wuss. Don't apologize for anything you say to him. Grow a pair.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, May 5, 2013 - removing personal shot & response
Hidden by shecolt, May 5, 2013 - removing personal shot & response

You're a wuss. Don't apologize for anything you say to him. Grow a pair.

Ha ha, right on cue. Our Resident Evil poster strikes again. I'm really glad I've gotten to know you, as it has just strengthen my views that I've brought my 3 children up the right way.

No need to send another vicious PM, as I'll just delete it unread.

Mods, apologies.and I'll take my punishment as deserved, but it really is time we get this jjerk off our board.

Certainly didn't think you were having a go at me, I was just unsure if I had missed something. Thanks for the response.....

Obviously these polls even in season mean nothing, but it is gratifying to see the perception of the team has increased.......as I often say when people bring up a Power ranking at any time any year....We are the Colts we have the power of 10!............we are divisible by both 2 and 5......we are the number most women aspire to be.......

When I'm talking about the Skins being ahead of the Colts in the rebuilding process I'm not talking about the future, I'm talking about the past and present.  You must not have actually been responding to me to begin with. :hmm:

Also, context is important, I am really not talking up the Redskins roster all that much.  We have a ways to go to be year-in, year-out contenders (do we even have a secondary?).  All I'm saying is that we've got a jump on the Colts as far as restocking a once depleted roster goes.

Considering where we were in 2009 and before, this team has undergone a pretty dramatic rebuild.

I agree. Just because we Grigson did the job the correct way and we had a 1 year turnaround doesn't mean we didn't rebuild. The nucleus of the team save for 4 or 5 starters were all released. Grigson truly started from scratch and to say this wn't a rebuild is shocking.

Fixed it for ya! :)

I understand your intent, but a good Fight Club reference ought to be allowed to go without editing... unless you are convinced some wouldn't get the reference and take Bronx literally...

I would not expect us to to be higher than 10. I don't know why some of you are acting like we're being underestimated. 10 or 14 is suitable for a team that went 1 and done in the playoffs and had some off season additions that are questionable until we see them first hand. I'm optimistic like everyone else, but at the same time I look at the teams ranked above us and I wonder if we're "there" yet.

Power rankings are stupid and don't mean anything.

Unless they put your team exactly where you think they should be or higher. Then they are awesome and completely legit.

Exactly. Power Rankings are just opinions. And yet we all get bent out of shape on here at times, when others have them.

T'is strange....

The colts held the Super Bowl champs to the lowest offensive output of anyone in the playoffs. On a defense that was put together with duct tape and bubble gum. Fact of the matter is that the Colts were about 2 plays away from winning their game vs Baltimore

Well when the other team can only manage 9 points, why should you need to score any more than they did?