Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

with the trade for sheppard........

CR91

could this mean angerer is now on the trading block

Maybe. Since neither one are known for their pass coverage, it seems like the better player starts and the other one is redundant. Angerer, being from the former regime, may be odd man out.

Are you thinking draft pick, or player swap?

I would take a 4th for Angerer. I'm not really sure that any player they would be willing to trade is an upgrade over what we already have. They do have Sterling Moore though. That might be a solid trade as well.

I would take a 4th for Angerer. I'm not really sure that any player they would be willing to trade is an upgrade over what we already have. They do have Sterling Moore though. That might be a solid trade as well.

I would have taken a fourth in this year's draft. Not next year's draft.

Hughes never really had a chance when he was sitting behind both Freeney and Mathis.... so you cant really say he is a " bust " 

Hughes was even invisible on ST before last season... He is clearly a bust, IMO... If he was better, he'd have had more opportunities... even when he was in, he was just taking up space for the most part... I wouldnt consider him a bust had he been drafted in the 4th, but he has done next to nothing for his entire career so far... DB is probably not a bust, but Hughes is practically the textbook definition...

Hughes was even invisible on ST before last season... He is clearly a bust, IMO... If he was better, he'd have had more opportunities... even when he was in, he was just taking up space for the most part... I wouldnt consider him a bust had he been drafted in the 4th, but he has done next to nothing for his entire career so far... DB is probably not a bust, but Hughes is practically the textbook definition...

Week 1 when Freeney got hurt and Hughes replaced him, The Bears ran right at him and Forte busted one for about 40 yards. To that point we'd held their running game in check.

That play is burned into my memory.

I think Hughes was a terrible draft pick. If that's your definition of "bust," then fine.

But I think he was overdrafted by our front office, then misused by our coaching staff for the first two years of his career. He also hardly got any opportunities those first two years.

All that said, I go back to the first line of your post -- Hughes was a huge disappointment on special teams. Someone with his size and athleticism should have been a standout special teams player. Darrell Reid had half the talent Hughes has, and was ten times the special teams player. I can forgive Hughes for being drafted too high, into a scheme he didn't really fit, onto a team with starters entrenched ahead of him. But it always irked me that he didn't make a name for himself on coverage units.

Hughes never really had a chance when he was sitting behind both Freeney and Mathis.... so you cant really say he is a " bust " 

I say Hughes is a bust because we wasted a first rd pick on him. If anything we could have traded down and still got him or got someone better. Maybe Carlos Dunlap or something but Hughes never lived up to first rd draft status. Thus why he was traded away today and we addreessed the spot in FA and in the draft. We couldn't depend on his production. One more slip up in the last of the Polian days.

I think Angerer should get another shot since he was injured and Connor really don't fit so I think it means bye bye for him.

Connor didn't fit? I'll say it again, him & Freeman were Batman and Robin together. Both are some hitters and Connor had some plays last year. Don't think he's going anywhere

J.Hughes wasn't injured last season and Angerer was, so another team wouldn't be interested in Angerer for I would asssume higher than a 6th or 7th pick, now if he gets through the next season unscaved and makes an impact/output/level in plays the same of better than what J.Hughes preformed in his position he might be worth a 4th atleast if Colts are lucky and or after the next draft, it all depends on next season and how he does, right now he'll be kept as a back up and or come in some series to give others a break :}

Go Colts!!!!!

I define bust as a player that can't even make it through their first training camp.....regardless of what round they were drafted in. After that, it is just different levels of accomplishment or disappointment.

Sooooo JaMarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf both made it through there first training camps. Would you not consider them busts?

Sooooo JaMarcus Russel and Ryan Leaf both made it through there first training camps. Would you not consider them busts?

Good point. What I feel, is that the word bust is largely being used to descibe any fans description of a player that either:

*didn't pan out to their expectations

*was taken instead of a player they wanted or by a GM that they don't like

*was taken too soon and didn't become "all that"

*was taken too soon based on predictions by analysts who aren't good enough to be employed in the NFL

essentially, the word is way overused.