Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Falling

I know there has been a lot of topics like this over the course of the past couple months, but I thought it would be fun to revisit it one more time before tonight's draft.

If there is one guy that you (within reason) would love to fall to use at 24, who would it be?

I'll start.....Jarvis Jones

He would be an instant starter and an instant difference maker. Not quite Von Miller, but he is very proven

Its too close to debate - but I'm curious - how come you are OK with his spinal ailment? I havent researched exactly what JJ's medical situation is - but "they" said everyone diagnosed with that illness retired early.

What did you read to make you OK with that?

Its too close to debate - but I'm curious - how come you are OK with his spinal ailment? I havent researched exactly what JJ's medical situation is - but "they" said everyone diagnosed with that illness retired early.

Nothing...i am not educated in the nature of that condition to even begin to give an opinion on that.

However, with the prominence of career changing/threatening/ending injuries in the NFL combined with free agency....what are the percentages of any player we draft staying with us past their rookie contract?

We are looking to make a push for the SB in the next couple years....Jones is the kind of guy that can help...

I know there has been a lot of topics like this over the course of the past couple months, but I thought it would be fun to revisit it one more time before tonight's draft.

If there is one guy that you (within reason) would love to fall to use at 24, who would it be?

I'll start.....Jarvis Jones

He would be an instant starter and an instant difference maker. Not quite Von Miller, but he is very proven

Cooper

Instant starter that would make a big impact for years.

Both nailed it!

Can't decide between these two.

Both nailed it!

Can't decide between these two.

Here's my thinking...

It is undeniable that Cooper is a top talent at his position...but if Grigson is as savy as we all think, I'm sure he could find a steal at Guard in the 3rd round that wouldn't be too far off the on the field impact that Cooper would have

Jarvis Jones on the other hand....chances are your not going to find an equitable pass rusher in the third round....the gap in on-the-field impact is larger if you ask me

put it simply...which combo would get us the better all around team value?

Jones in the first, a guard in the third?

or

Cooper in the first, a pass rushing OLB in the third?

I say Jones!

Here's my thinking...

It is undeniable that Cooper is a top talent at his position...but if Grigson is as savy as we all think, I'm sure he could find a steal at Guard in the 3rd round that wouldn't be too far off the on the field impact that Cooper would have

Jarvis Jones on the other hand....chances are your not going to find an equitable pass rusher in the third round....the gap in on-the-field impact is larger if you ask me

put it simply...which combo would get us the better all around team value?

Jones in the first, a guard in the third?

or

Cooper in the first, a pass rushing OLB in the third?

I say Jones!

Jones probably edges it using your logic.

This is one of the few times I'll link to a Bleacher Report article, but I found this informative.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1552191-understanding-jarvis-jones-case-of-cervical-spinal-stenosis

A few days after that article, Jones was "medically cleared" by doctors.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-jarvis-jones-gets-another-clean-bill-health-153100098--nfl.html

Warmack/Cooper.....

That's the guy I'd like to free fall to us......  

But that's not going to happen.     They'll be gone by roughly the 12th pick.

You could be right, but I will believe it when I see it.