Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

calling it now

danlhart87

If I am right I'm gonna be looked at in a different light but I'm still sticking with my prediction:

Clowney (South Carolina) will get drafted by some scrub team next year and will be a MAJOR BUST!

I have had gut feelings about it for a while and I don't see him living up to the hype.

I get that. But why?

Because he's going to be too fast and his molecules will vibrate every down causing him to go back in time before the game.  Also, he will hit linemen so hard, they will explode and their blood will cover his face, thereby letting the RB run past him.  His athleticism will hinder him greatly :)

If I am right I'm gonna be looked at in a different light but I'm still sticking with my prediction:

Clowney (South Carolina) will get drafted by some scrub team next year and will be a MAJOR BUST!

I have had gut feelings about it for a while and I don't see him living up to the hype.

And with their first pick in the 2013 draft the Raiders select .  :thmup: 

Jim-Carrey-Crazy-Clown-on-High-Wire--842

who?

There is no way he can live up to the media hype. I personally don't see what the hype is about. He is a good player.....no doubt. Without that hit against Michigan would he still be considered the potential number 1? 

From what I have seen he can make an impact. I just don't see him as some dominant force in the NFL (at least at DE).

Is he projected to be a DE or OLB?

There is no way he can live up to the media hype. I personally don't see what the hype is about. He is a good player.....no doubt. Without that hit against Michigan would he still be considered the potential number 1? 

From what I have seen he can make an impact. I just don't see him as some dominant force in the NFL (at least at DE).

Is he projected to be a DE or OLB?

He was projected to be the best defensive player in college football when he was in high school. Heck, the best defensive player for several years. According to Mel Kiper, Jr., Clowney will be what Griffin or 12 are to the QB position at DE. A lot of experts say that this 20 year old kid could be a dominant force in the NFL right now if he was allowed to be drafted.

I'm still waiting for somebody to give me a reason instead of "he won't live up to the hype."

I see almost no flaw in his game.

I agree.

It is just like people wanted to believe the Luck hype because he was going to be their pick and embraced it and gave every reason why he will succeed. When they know someone is not going to be a Colt, in all likelihood, they feel the urge to throw stones or nitpick. Let us just call a spade a spade.

Clowney will have a Michael Strahan like career, IMO, if his health holds up. He has all the tools to be successful at the next level.

he has all the tools to be a great player, but i have heard him already being compared to LT, thats some pretty big hype

Yeah, but 12 was compared to Elway. That's a lot of hype too. I think Clowney will succeed in the NFL. If he gets drafted number one by the Jaguars next year the South will be known for having two monsters. I would hate to have to see him twice a year though...yikes.

He was projected to be the best defensive player in college football when he was in high school. Heck, the best defensive player for several years. According to Mel Kiper, Jr., Clowney will be what Griffin or 12 are to the QB position at DE. A lot of experts say that this 20 year old kid could be a dominant force in the NFL right now if he was allowed to be drafted.

I didn't see much of him this season. I watched a total of 2 South Carolina games (Outback Bowl and Georgia) so I didn't have a lot to go from. The only other way I can see anything is youtube which are simply the highlight reels. Will try to see more of him this coming season. Hope his neck recovers.