Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it possible Roger Goodell will jokingly announce Leon Sandcastle as the 1st pick?

With all the attention and constant NFL.com publicity on Leon leading up to the draft, I'm thinking this is a real possibility. Roger Goodell even cooperated in the Leon Sandcastle Superbowl commercial and we've seen Leon laughing with Andy Reid at the Kansas City facility. I think they're planning something for draft day.

I think they should do it. It's good to have a commissioner demonstrate a sense of humor, and it would lighten the mood of the draft rooms and fans in attendance. Then when Leon accepts the #1 jersey, Goodell can say once again, "Have we met before?" It would be like the commercial coming to life. Plus, this draft's top 10 is the most uncertain in recent memory, so they may as well have fun with the #1 pick.

Everyone will think it's a joke. Then come training camp everyone will realize it was all the real deal... 

Idk what ad I dislike more. Having the "All roads lead to FORUM" guy staring at me, or having to look at Deion in an afro wig and fake mustache...

With all the attention and constant NFL.com publicity on Leon leading up to the draft, I'm thinking this is a real possibility. Roger Goodell even cooperated in the Leon Sandcastle Superbowl commercial and we've seen Leon laughing with Andy Reid at the Kansas City facility. I think they're planning something for draft day.

I think they should do it. It's good to have a commissioner demonstrate a sense of humor, and it would lighten the mood of the draft rooms and fans in attendance. Then when Leon accepts the #1 jersey, Goodell can say once again, "Have we met before?" It would be like the commercial coming to life. Plus, this draft's top 10 is the most uncertain in recent memory, so they may as well have fun with the #1 pick.

are-you-serious.jpg?w=640

... Seriously, are you?

are-you-serious.jpg?w=640

... Seriously, are you?

To the possibility it will happen? Yea, I'm serious. The writing is all over the wall. NFL.com will not quit with this, and yet here we are only 15 days until draft day. Did you just see their recent Under Armor video?

Madden is even in on it. They're released a Leon Sandcastle player!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Adjbe8UlTQ

I wish I was joking too bro, but do you honestly think they would hype this thing up to the extent that they have and simply not mention him at all on draft day?

I wish I was joking too bro, but do you honestly think they would hype this thing up to the extent that they have and simply not mention him at all on draft day?

Absolutely, I do. There may be some joking or teasing leading up to the draft but once KC is on the clock it's all business, baby.

I would be surprised if he didn't... Maybe before he officially says K.C is on the clock he just says with the first pick....Leon Sandcastle... maybe have Him come out with a jersey then he says he rather play baseball or something... but we shall see.

I personally am tired of this thing. It was a funny commercial, but he has gotten so much attention that it's just ridiculous.

Yes....enough already with Leon Sandcastle.

Another NFL Network concoction that needs to go away is NFL AM's obsession with "dancing with the stars/starters".

For the most part I like the show and let's face it, its football talk in the off season so I appreciate them being on....especially Nicole Zaloumis :)...but too often they start acting and sounding like some corny, cheesy overplayed morning-zoo radio show.

People are very prone to taking a good joke and running it into the ground.

Sometimes you just have to realize when it's run its course.

Well said Peytonator! It's like the same punchline told over & over again. It loses it potency & surprise factor the more you revert back to the exact same joke & outcome. Constant repetition is the death of surprise. Leon Sandlecastle needs to disappear for a while & limit his appearances to once or twice a year like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. When something is rare, it has more impact & influence overall IMO.