Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Schaub s*cks!

jshipp23

The Texans organization has done many things right, and they have had the most overall talent in the NFL the past 3 years really, and are still right there with the Broncos as far as total team talent , but the 1 big crucial mistake is failing to find a true franchise QB to drive that Ferrari....All they have to show for all this talent is 2 playoff wins over the Bengals...THE BENGALS! SMH. This shows the importance of having a true franchise QB in this league. I had to post this because for some reason Schaub somehow gets brought up in numerous Colts forums..Thoughts and opinions?

He doesn't stink, he's above average , but not elite. The Texans do have a lot of talent but the backend of their defense has been a huge reason they can't beat elite teams in the playoffs. They are overrated in that regard. JJ Watt might not only be the best defensive player in the league, but the best player period. but he's one guy.

1. The 49ers and Seahawks have much more talent.

2. This is flamebait.

3 pro Bowl O-linemen, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson,Owen Daniels, J.J. Watt, Cushing??? Top 5 wr, Top 10 TE, Top 3 RB, Top O-line, Most dominating defensive player in the league (J.J. Watt, one of the best young OLB's..It's debateable for sure the 49ers and Seahawks are coming but they have very good young QBs..I'd still say the Broncos or texans are the most talented and Schaub is the X-factor as to why all that talent will be wasted.

The Texans organization has done many things right, and they have had the most overall talent in the NFL the past 3 years really, and are still right there with the Broncos as far as total team talent , but the 1 big crucial mistake is failing to find a true franchise QB to drive that Ferrari....All they have to show for all this talent is 2 playoff wins over the Bengals...THE BENGALS! SMH. This shows the importance of having a true franchise QB in this league. I had to post this because for some reason Schaub somehow gets brought up in numerous Colts forums..Thoughts and opinions?

jshipp, I can support you on some of the threads, but this title is straight up wrong for this forum.  I can be as controversial as anyone.  This one should be locked mods.  Like I said in another thread, I have fun with these sometimes, but this one is blatant. I do like your enthusiasm for the Colts and football however.

I like teasing my Texan counterparts, but Schaub in no way sucks.  I am no choir-boy, but this is bait even the Duck Dynasty boys would 'nip' on.

duck-dynasty-4f76f0bc53d28.png

He doesn't stink, he's above average , but not elite. The Texans do have a lot of talent but the backend of their defense has been a huge reason they can't beat elite teams in the playoffs. They are overrated in that regard. JJ Watt might not only be the best defensive player in the league, but the best player period. but he's one guy.

Yep. Exactly why we went after Reed and resigned McCain. I think we will be looking for CBs in the second round as well to help JoJo.

Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Desmond Trufant, Cliff Avrill, Earl Thomas, Michael Bennet, Bruce Irvin. That team is stacked.

tHE 2 BIG CB'S make that team what it is, and Harvin def puts them in the conversation, but I still don't think they have more overall talent than the Texans...Plus, I said the past 3 years, they def weren't more talented the last 3 years. They are close this year, and will be better because they have a GREAT young QB...

Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Desmond Trufant, Cliff Avrill, Earl Thomas, Michael Bennet, Bruce Irvin. That team is stacked.

Yeah, but the truth is nobody was trumping the Hawks till their late season run last year as being any kind of force in the league, we will see if they keep it up. 

Didnt Schaub win MVP of the 2009 Pro-Bowl???

Nah, he's just a bum and shouldn't be starting at all. Terrible QB, no idea how he helped the Texans get two division titles. Will probably be washed up and out of the league in two years.

Yep. Exactly why we went after Reed and resigned McCain. I think we will be looking for CBs in the second round as well to help JoJo.

But you let Grimes go??? Which is crazy..They should have traded for Alex Smith, he would have been a better option and at least his mobility gives defenses something else to scheme against. Now, here is an option as a Texans fan tell me what you think...Draft E.J. Manuel and run a read option this year. You have the personnel to successfully do it. I just think the Matt Schaub project should end..I know if I was a Texans fan I'd want a different option at QB.

tHE 2 BIG CB'S make that team what it is, and Harvin def puts them in the conversation, but I still don't think they have more overall talent than the Texans...Plus, I said the past 3 years, they def weren't more talented the last 3 years. They are close this year, and will be better because they have a GREAT young QB...

Harvin plays when he wants too , he's a disruptive force . The Vikings had no WR's and still couldn't wait to get rid of him. I'm not sold on Wilson's long term prospects as a big time QB either. Like I said before, I never heard anybody say anything about the Seahawks  till the end of last season.

But you let Grimes go??? Which is crazy..They should have traded for Alex Smith, he would have been a better option and at least his mobility gives defenses something else to scheme against. Now, here is an option as a Texans fan tell me what you think...Draft E.J. Manuel and run a read option this year. You have the personnel to successfully do it. I just think the Matt Schaub project should end..I know if I was a Texans fan I'd want a different option at QB.

Nah, rookies tend to lose playoff games. Kubiak is sticking with our starter, hopefully all the way to the Super Bowl. We're gonna need his experience.

Nah, he's just a bum and shouldn't be starting at all. Terrible QB, no idea how he helped the Texans get two division titles. Will probably be washed up and out of the league in two years.

Weak division, Peyton was hurt and they barely beat an undermanned Colts team for the Division this year because we have a QB...The results of the last meeting between the 2 are a sign of things to come unless you get a new more capable QB...You have plenty of talent to win the Super Bowl and it's a shame all they have done is beat the Bengals and Schaub was the QB for only 1 of those wins if that tells you anything.

Weak division, Peyton was hurt and they barely beat an undermanned Colts team for the Division this year because we have a QB...The results of the last meeting between the 2 are a sign of things to come unless you get a new more capable QB...You have plenty of talent to win the Super Bowl and it's a shame all they have done is beat the Bengals and Schaub was the QB for only 1 of those wins if that tells you anything.

That he was hurt? Your sudden obsession with the Texans is most curious. Sounds like you're a closet fan, Vance and I have a kindred spirit here.

Which means what? Deangelo hall won MVP of the pro bowl too

It means he won MVP of a pro-bowl...

I just mentioned it because I actually watched that pro-bowl in its entirety, & thought I would mention one of Schaubs accomplishments...

Not sure why people are hating on the guy so much, its not like he is David Carr or Mark Sanchez...

That he was hurt? Your sudden obsession with the Texans is most curious. Sounds like you're a closet fan, Vance and I have a kindred spirit here.

Not at all, but their seem to be a lot of Texans fans on a Colts forum and the Texans and schaub keep getting brought up here which is curious to me...So if they wanna talk Texans, I'll talk Texans..

I just mentioned it because I actually watched that pro-bowl in its entirety, & thought I would mention one of Schaubs accomplishments...

Not sure why people are hating on the guy so much, its not like he is David Carr or Mark Sanchez...

Not at all, but their seem to be a lot of Texans fans on a Colts forum and the Texans and schaub keep getting brought up here which is curious to me...So if they wanna talk Texans, I'll talk Texans..

Mark Sanchez could do better, Carr was a good talent but he got destroyed because they didn't have a line and he mentally never recovered. Sanchez actually made it to 2 AFC Championship games and all Schaub has done is beat the Bengals once.

Not at all, but their seem to be a lot of Texans fans on a Colts forum and the Texans and schaub keep getting brought up here which is curious to me...So if they

wanna talk Texans, I'll talk Texans..

Yeah, brought up by you in 2 separate threads. I've been here for a year, everyone else is used to it. Seeing as you're clearly new, I'll be nice enough to give you a little nugget: this thread is about to get closed.

Its a joke is my point

Mark Sanchez could do better, Carr was a good talent but he got destroyed because they didn't have a line and he mentally never recovered. Sanchez actually made it to 2 AFC Championship games and all Schaub has done is beat the Bengals once.

What has your elite QB done in the playoffs? Do tell.

What has your elite QB done in the playoffs? Do tell.

He took a 2-14 team to the playoffs year 1, and had the worst O-Line in football and 4 rookie receivers and a rookie RB...This year we will win the division, and have a home-playoff game and have a shot at a Super Bowl. So do you believe Luck couldn't have took the Texans further than Schaub did last year? If he had your line and Andre Johnson and Arian Foster  and J.J. Watt on D he could have won a Super Bowl as a rookie just like Rothlisberger did.

Its a joke is my point

as was my original post...

I know winning pro-bowl mvp isnt a big deal, & its a joke,

my original post was laden with sarcasm that obviously got lost on an interweb forum, i get that, that happens,

still not sure why people want to hate on Schaub, sure there are several better QB's there are also several worse...

just because the Texans are a divisional rival doesn't mean I gotta hate on them, (San Diego, Patriots, & Cowboys are a different story)

but I guess because its off season the only thing to do on a football forum is say players suck, when in fact they don't, really...

He took a 2-14 team to the playoffs year 1, and had the worst O-Line in football and 4 rookie receivers and a rookie RB...This year we will win the division, and have a home-playoff game and have a shot at a Super Bowl. So do you believe Luck couldn't have took the Texans further than Schaub did last year? If he had your line and Andre Johnson and Arian Foster and J.J. Watt on D he could have won a Super Bowl as a rookie just like Rothlisberger did.

You didn't answer my question. All I saw was blah blah and some hypotheticals. I'll ask you again. What did the "elite" rookie do in the playoffs?

Schaub is actually a pretty good QB. I think the Pats somewhat exposed his inability to throw to the sideline but honestly after Foster and Johnshon his skill guys are not very good. JJ Watt is a beast and I like Cushing too but the back end is not good at all. I also don't think Kubiak is a very good head coach. Way too vanilla. And Phillips is overrated as a DC. Until he learns not to blitz like crazy against elite QBs the Texans will have a tough time getting deep into the playoffs. That being said, if Flacco can a SB, Schaub certainly can. He can make all the throws.

You didn't answer my question. All I saw was blah blah and some hypotheticals. I'll ask you again. What did the "elite" rookie do in the playoffs?

The Ravens did win the Superbowl . How is a mystery, but they beat Brady and Manning too to get there.

Hey man I love baiting qwizboy and Vance as much as anyone on this fourm .. But you are waaaayyy to obvious about it!

I'm thinking though if they can get Mark Sanchez to mentor Schuab for the next few years, in the long run Schaub might be great. 

The Ravens did win the Superbowl . How is a mystery, but they beat Brady and Manning too to get there.

Yeah, they did pretty good for themselves. I'll be a liar if I say that I didn't expect the Broncos to win. And now Flacco gets the pay check, a ring and a starring movie title. Winning the SB really does work wonders.

nothing to great unfortantly but he did exceeded my expectations for the season by getting there ;)

I'm thinking though if they can get Mark Sanchez to mentor Schuab for the next few years, in the long run Schaub might be great. 

I agree. We need Sanchez and Blaine Gabbert here to help Schaub out. Maybe Sanchez can teach him how to fumble and throw interceptions, but also how to ride the defense to the playoffs and Blaine...well he can teach him how to duck and go down quickly when the defender is three yards away. Schaub, get ready for boot camp! The Scooby boys are coming to town! haha

He took a 2-14 team to the playoffs year 1

Let's hold up here. This is the biggest fabrication a Colts fan can use.

Yea it's easy to say Luck took a 2-14, but that isn't true in any shape or form. To say he took the 2-14, 2011 Colts, and turned them into an 11-5 team. That means they drafted Luck, and plugged him in the 2011 circus that was Painter trying to run Peyton Manning's offense. Painter trying to run that offense wasn't even trying to fit a square through a circle. That is like trying to put all of Jupiter onto the surface of the Earth. So there is the reason we wen't 2-14. Not because we were a team with no talent.

So to more accurately state the transition from 2011 to 2012 isn't Luck took a 2-14 team to 11-5. We had no resemblance of 2011 in 2012 what-so-ever. New offense, new defense, new coaches, new philosophy. It is the FRONT OFFICE turned over a 2-14 roster into an 11-5 roster. Now if you want to say Luck lead a offense filled of rookies into the playoffs that is fine. Because that is actually accurate.