Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coltsguy510's Pre Draft Month Mock

In this scenario, we should trade with the Cardinals for their 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.

2. OG Larry Warford: Warford is a huge man! He hasn't missed a game in three years, which is a very good thing the us due to our O-line's history of injuries. He played in the SEC against their many dominate lineman and dominated many of them. He would be a great addition to our team and would make us one piece closer to a finalized offensive line.

3a. WR Da'Rick Rogers: Rogers is the big, strong target we've been waiting on. He has first round talent, but he has had some off the field issues in the past that he seems to have moved on from. He proved at Tennessee that he can play, and even dominate against top tier schools. He is a beast after the catch because of his ability to drag players with him. He could work on his route running, but playing with Reggie will certainly help.

3b. C Barrett Jones: Jones is simply a player you want to represent your team. He is one of the most high character and smart players in this draft. He has very good technique and can read blitzes better than anyone. His leadership at the position is unparalleled in the draft. I see Luck and Jones forming a Manning and Saturday-like bond as they play with each other.

4. OLB Trevardo Williams: Williams is a beast. He is a freak athletically as evidenced by his 30 bench press reps, 4.57 40 time and 38 inch vertical. He also, your gonna love this Gavin, has plenty of production to go along with those numbers. In 30 career starts, he has 133 tackles, 40.5 TFLs, 30.5 sacks, and 5 FFs.

5. ILB John Bostic: Bostic is a hitter. He loves to get in the hole and take care of the fullback. He is very quick and fast, shown by his 4.61 40 time, his 4.24 20 yard shuttle, and his 6.99 3 cone drill. He uses this speed and quickness to put force into his hits. I would love to see him and Freeman manning the middle for the Luck Era.

6. SS Ray Ray Armstrong: Armstrong is a very hard hitter, who has amazing talent, but has fallen off the radar due to off the field issues. I would love to get him, due to him being so talented. He has great size for the position and good speed. He has the potential to maybe start for us one day.

7a. DE Jared Smith: Smith is a player who is always working to get to the QB. He continually goes and

gets off the snap fast. I would bring him in as a project.

7b. FB Kyle Jusczyk: Kyle would probably be an immediate starter, but falls due to positional value. He is a great receiver when needed and would allow us to put Allen at TE more often.

Hope you guys like it.

Warford : like him, but his size at that age worries me. Easy to eat yourself to the bench with time on your hands and money is your pocket.

Not sure i would be pleased if they went offense with the first three picks. With Mathis getting up in age the defense needs more play makers.

Warford : like him, but his size at that age worries me. Easy to eat yourself to the bench with time on your hands and money is your pocket.

Not sure i would be pleased if they went offense with the first three picks. With Mathis getting up in age the defense needs more play makers.

I agree. Especially after we went all-offense with our last draft, we need to go defense-heavy this time around, maybe drafting one or two O-lineman.

I agree. Especially after we went all-offense with our last draft, we need to go defense-heavy this time around, maybe drafting one or two O-lineman.

We just went defense heavy in FA and the guys I had us getting in the 4th, 5th, and 6th could all potentially start for us.

Love it except I don't think we need a fb id rather take a kicker there and maybe a speedster rb In the 7th also but I love the first three picks

Kicker would be dead weight this year...  Maybe Cario Santos K next year? Ontario McCalebb on the other hand...

In this scenario, we should trade with the Cardinals for their 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.

2. OG Larry Warford: Warford is a huge man! He hasn't missed a game in three years, which is a very good thing the us due to our O-line's history of injuries. He played in the SEC against their many dominate lineman and dominated many of them. He would be a great addition to our team and would make us one piece closer to a finalized offensive line.

3a. WR Da'Rick Rogers: Rogers is the big, strong target we've been waiting on. He has first round talent, but he has had some off the field issues in the past that he seems to have moved on from. He proved at Tennessee that he can play, and even dominate against top tier schools. He is a beast after the catch because of his ability to drag players with him. He could work on his route running, but playing with Reggie will certainly help.

3b. C Barrett Jones: Jones is simply a player you want to represent your team. He is one of the most high character and smart players in this draft. He has very good technique and can read blitzes better than anyone. His leadership at the position is unparalleled in the draft. I see Luck and Jones forming a Manning and Saturday-like bond as they play with each other.

4. OLB Trevardo Williams: Williams is a beast. He is a freak athletically as evidenced by his 30 bench press reps, 4.57 40 time and 38 inch vertical. He also, your gonna love this Gavin, has plenty of production to go along with those numbers. In 30 career starts, he has 133 tackles, 40.5 TFLs, 30.5 sacks, and 5 FFs.

5. ILB John Bostic: Bostic is a hitter. He loves to get in the hole and take care of the fullback. He is very quick and fast, shown by his 4.61 40 time, his 4.24 20 yard shuttle, and his 6.99 3 cone drill. He uses this speed and quickness to put force into his hits. I would love to see him and Freeman manning the middle for the Luck Era.

6. SS Ray Ray Armstrong: Armstrong is a very hard hitter, who has amazing talent, but has fallen off the radar due to off the field issues. I would love to get him, due to him being so talented. He has great size for the position and good speed. He has the potential to maybe start for us one day.

7a. DE Jared Smith: Smith is a player who is always working to get to the QB. He continually goes and

7b. FB Kyle Jusczyk: Kyle would probably be an immediate starter, but falls due to positional value. He is a great receiver when needed and would allow us to put Allen at TE more often.

Hope you guys like it.

Maybe:

Bostic is a 3rd round pick for someone...

3b. or Schwenke C

4. C. Washington LB or Swearinger FS

5. ?

7a. Jusczyck FB

7b. Sanders WR or McCalebb RB...

Nice mock.

Hope you guys like it.

Like this draft alot, I'd just swap out a different WR...

DaRick scares me he seems to have football DIVA written all over him...

and now with the trade for Havili the FB pick could be traded out for a kicker :thmup:

Like this draft alot, I'd just swap out a different WR...

DaRick scares me he seems to have football DIVA written all over him...

and now with the trade for Havili the FB pick could be traded out for a kicker :thmup:

Agree... Quinn Sharp K/P with first 7th round pick, then Ray Graham RB with second 7th pick. 

Only problem is nobody is going to trade 3 picks for 1 pick, and just move up 10 slots or so.  You are going to trade out of the 1st for an early 2nd and 1 more pick (probably a 4th rounder).  Your not going to get  the 2nd round pick along with a 3rd and a 5th....nobody would do that, unless you are talking about trading to the bottom part of the 2nd round.   This is especially true because this draft has good value thru the 4th round.  And all the teams know that, so you will be hard pressed to trade 1 pick and get 3 in return. 

Having said that, I like the Warford and Rogers picks, but thereafter you probably go defense, not Barrett Jones.  Mid round OL I like Schwenke C-G and Winters G-T.

Why would a rebuilding AZ give up draft picks in a deep draft for a 24th player that is of similar value to the next 20 guys? They need everything?

Illogical!

QB that was once a top 3 selection may fall to 24...Geno Smith, Matt Barkley... If either is available @ 24, we are in business.  If Nassib, Wilson, Gleenon... we may another opportunity. Cheers.

Geno Smith isn't going to fall to 24, he will go in the top 10, possibly top 5.  I am a USC fan and have watched Barkley for 4 years, outstanding person and good player, but he doesn't have 1st round ability, never did.

I think you swap with SF so they can come up and get who they want, and we pick up a 4th round pick.  That's all your going to get, but it gives us one extra pick so its worth it.

You can then offer our 2014 3rd round pick, and get their other 4th round pick probably.  Or offer our 2014 4th round pick, and pick up one of their 5th round picks for this draft.  San Francisco will be looking to get rid of at least 3 or 4 of their picks this year, for moving up the board this year, or for harvesting picks for 2014 draft.  They can not draft 14 players in this draft, when only maybe 7 at the most would make their team.  They will be looking to trade up or just give 2013 picks for future 2014 picks. 

Only problem is nobody is going to trade 3 picks for 1 pick, and just move up 10 slots or so.  You are going to trade out of the 1st for an early 2nd and 1 more pick (probably a 4th rounder).  Your not going to get  the 2nd round pick along with a 3rd and a 5th....nobody would do that, unless you are talking about trading to the bottom part of the 2nd round.   This is especially true because this draft has good value thru the 4th round.  And all the teams know that, so you will be hard pressed to trade 1 pick and get 3 in return. 

Having said that, I like the Warford and Rogers picks, but thereafter you probably go defense, not Barrett Jones.  Mid round OL I like Schwenke C-G and Winters G-T.

Actually, a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th isn't too far off according to the NFL draft value chart, but is a bit high. #24=740, #38=520, #69=245, #140=36. So, 740 vs. 801. Even #2, #3 is 740 vs. 765.