Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots, followed by 49ers, Broncos, and Seahawks are Vegas' favorites in order

chad72

Interesting. This is what I believe too. The Pats got better just by signing Talib and Wilson. The offense will still be top 5 without Welker. That being said, the niners have not even begun yet. By the time the off-season is over, the niners will be the clear fav. 

Interesting. This is what I believe too. The Pats got better just by signing Talib and Wilson. The offense will still be top 5 without Welker. That being said, the niners have not even begun yet. By the time the off-season is over, the niners will be the clear fav. 

The odds are for getting people to bet, not who they think is actually going to win the SB.

Why the Pats are at lower odds than the 49ers has a little to do with the competition getting to the SB. In the AFC, the Ravens are much depleted and that leaves Denver as the Pats major competition. The 49ers on the other hand have the Seahawks and Falcons as really stiff competition. Plus the Giants and Packers could get a lot better with just good drafts. Houston , Cinn and Indy do not compare to Gaints and GB IMO.

Why the Pats are at lower odds than the 49ers has a little to do with the competition getting to the SB. In the AFC, the Ravens are much depleted and that leaves Denver as the Pats major competition. The 49ers on the other hand have the Seahawks and Falcons as really stiff competition. Plus the Giants and Packers could get a lot better with just good drafts. Houston , Cinn and Indy do not compare to Gaints and GB IMO.

No love for the Colts? Or the Texans? Oh Quizboy, where are you? :-)

Here's the thing, it was supposed to be the Pats and Denver last year until Houston went 10-1 while both the Pats and Broncs came out of the gate with three losses in their first six games. Then, just when it seemed all was falling into place with another Brady vs. Manning showdown to go the SB, Ravens beat 'em both. So, no I don't buy this whole tougher conference thing. Afterall, the Ravens beat the niners too who everyone thought was the best team in the entire NFL last year.

As long as Brady and Belichick are together they will be the favs. But like I said, I think come July assuming the niners make the moves I think they will, they will be the favs.

No love for the Colts? Or the Texans? Oh Quizboy, where are you? :-)

Here's the thing, it was supposed to be the Pats and Denver last year until Houston went 10-1 while both the Pats and Broncs came out of the gate with three losses in their first six games. Then, just when it seemed all was falling into place with another Brady vs. Manning showdown to go the SB, Ravens beat 'em both. So, no I don't buy this whole tougher conference thing. Afterall, the Ravens beat the niners too who everyone thought was the best team in the entire NFL last year.

As long as Brady and Belichick are together they will be the favs. But like I said, I think come July assuming the niners make the moves I think they will, they will be the favs.

Right here!! ;) It's cool, who needs Vegas anyway...lol. I would definitely put 49ers and Patriots up there as favorites, Patriots are basically perenially favorites anyway.

The odds are for getting people to bet, not who they think is actually going to win the SB.

as amfootball said . . . yes and no . . . . the botton line is the bookies what to have even money on each side of the line so their is wash win or lose (at the line) and they get to keep their juice . . . so it is prediction on what the nation feels it the favorite to win the events . . . and the better could be anybody from a person who never watch football to a internet poster to an "expert" in the game . . . and as the team is deemed more likely to win the line moves in the appropriate direction . . .

Having said that this is no different than a preseason prediction by an "expert" it is what is, and things have to go as planned, and if not things could change . . .

as amfootball said . . . yes and no . . . . the botton line is the bookies what to have even money on each side of the line so their is wash win or lose (at the line) and they get to keep their juice . . . so it is prediction on what the nation feels it the favorite to win the events . . . and the better could be anybody from a person who never watch football to a internet poster to an "expert" in the game . . . and as the team is deemed more likely to win the line moves in the appropriate direction . . .Having said that this is no different than a preseason prediction by an "expert" it is what is, and things have to go as planned, and if not things could change . . .

That was a long winded way of saying what I said....they set lines to get people to bet both sides

That was a long winded way of saying what I said....they set lines to get people to bet both sides

okay i am sorry i misunderstood your original post . . . I thought you meant they weren't selecting favorites or who in thier opinion is more likely going to win over another team . . . setting the odds is a heirachy of who they think is the most likely to win . . .

okay i am sorry i misunderstood your original post . . . I thought you meant they weren't selecting favorites or who in thier opinion is more likely going to win over another team . . . setting the odds is a heirachy of who they think is the most likely to win . . .

That is what I'm saying. Vegas installed them as the favorites due to the money that flows in on the Patriots.....essentially people are stupid. The author of the piece even points it out in the article.

That is what I'm saying. Vegas installed them as the favorites due to the money that flows in on the Patriots.....essentially people are stupid. The author of the piece even points it out in the article.

agreed . . . it simply a prediction . . . be it the masses that bet on a given team as the favorite or an "expert" like Peter King putting his prediction in writing in SI . . . or you an i putting in our two cents on the upcoming thread on preseason predictions on who we have going to the SB and winning it . . . i never really separated the experts from the masses on who is smarter . . . predictions are just what they are . . . and as it stands now Vegas feels that the masses think the Pats are the favorite, or coarse that will flow as times goes with more FA, the draft, injuries and so on and so on . . .

No, they will win one...Texans will win the other 4. :D AFC dominance once more!

haha Bold, confident, & no hesitation whatsoever QuizBoy! I love the humor & flamboyant nature of that pick my friend. Nobody won anything being quiet, calm, & dignified. Nice...