Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB to visit Colts

ell_chrisso

Luck has Reggie,TY,Whalen,Fleener and Allen of the names mentioned do you not see good targets?Fleener was dinged up hes going to have a better year.Whalen looked awesome in Pre-season how many thought he was going to make the team?  I did.

As of now that list pails in comparison to Wayne, Marvin, Clarke, Stokely and either Edge or Adai coming out of the backfield.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now that list pails in comparison to Wayne, Marvin, Clarke, Stokely and either Edge or Adai coming out of the backfield.

...and once again. If we add big name receivers to the roster, you'll have to sacrifice talent somewhere else. We'd be right back in the position Polian had them in. High priced offense and a terrible defense. Those mistake's won't be repeated by this front office.

Exactly! Even if we don't add Bey, our weapons are fine as is and our defense is looking more formidable. I really feel like we are going to be very hard to run on this next season and teams are going to have to become one dimensional against us. If we force teams to throw the ball 40-50 times a game on us because they can't run the ball, we will force them into making mistakes. Gonna be fun to watch.

Finally...I was in the land of No likes all day!  :)

Not sold on the Ravens or Texans. Pats are always good even when they don't look good on paper. Ravens have added some good players on the defense, after losing 6 starters, but their secondary is pretty terrible right now on paper. We beat the Texans every yr. at least once and I think they've taken a step back this off season IMO. 

I'm not too worried about the Ravens being bad, but until they are dethroned they are still the best. Pats, they have the ultimate X-Factor and a healthy steroid filled Cushing had the Texans running on all cylinders. 

(I try to keep my expectations low haha)

I'm not too worried about the Ravens being bad, but until they are dethroned they are still the best. Pats, they have the ultimate X-Factor and a healthy steroid filled Cushing had the Texans running on all cylinders. 

(I try to keep my expectations low haha)

The Texans defense got exposed several times last season and IMO they are one J.J. Watt injury away from being terrible. I don't think Ed Reed does anything for them and I think he's a downgrade from Quin. Honestly, as long as they have Schaub at QB, they don't worry me at all. 

Wayne...is still Wayne.....Marvin was a one and only....Clark made himself a great TE with the help of 18....and was the 24th pick in his draft...Fleener was 34 and Allen was unbelievably 64....there are actually similarities.

I personally cannot believe we got a quality back in the 5th....I will take a dive from 10 yards out from my 5th rounder every day....well maybe not...don't want him hurt :)

As for Stokely:  always solid routes, but I will take TY over him myself....the sky is the limit.  And let us not forget that Edge and Addai both were booed vociferously when drafted.....just goes to show you us fans aka fanatics never change :)   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

I saw mentioned about DHB not being injured anyone remember this http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065214/article/darrius-heywardbey-hospitalized-after-neck-

REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST 2009 11 9 40 124 13.8 24 1 8 0 0 2010 15 26 65 366 14.1 69 1 17 0 0 2011 15 64 115 975 15.2 58 4 44 1 1 2012 15 41 80 606 14.8 59 5 25 0 0 Career 56 140 300 2,071

injury                         and here are his dropsies  

...and once again. If we add big name receivers to the roster, you'll have to sacrifice talent somewhere else. We'd be right back in the position Polian had them in. High priced offense and a terrible defense. Those mistake's won't be repeated by this front office.

It depends what we pay for them. You are right about sacrificing one area when you add to another. But the first list was pretty much all a series of good draft picks ( with the exception of Stokely who could easily be replaced by Gonzo or Stokely)  I don't want to spend a ton of money on this guy either, but if we can get him for relatively cheap then lets go for it. Then we can use our picks on D

I saw mentioned about DHB not being injured anyone remember this http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065214/article/darrius-heywardbey-hospitalized-after-neck-

REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST 200911 9 40 124 13.8 24 1 8 0 0 201015 26 65 366 14.1 69 1 17 0 0 201115 64 115 975 15.2 58 4 44 1 1 201215 41 80 606 14.8 59 5 25 0 0 Career 56 140 300 2,071

injury                         and here are his dropsies  

He's not a rock solid player, for sure. He got rocked last year (?) and was out with a concussion. Nasty hit, too. And he's not a complete receiver. But he was released by the Raiders really for two reasons: 1) It saves them $5.3m against the cap in 2013, and 2) as a symbolic gesture that they are moving on from the old regime.

He was a bad draft pick, but he's not a bad player. And on a reasonable contract and with a good quarterback, he could be a really decent weapon.

He's not a rock solid player, for sure. He got rocked last year (?) and was out with a concussion. Nasty hit, too. And he's not a complete receiver. But he was released by the Raiders really for two reasons: 1) It saves them $5.3m against the cap in 2013, and 2) as a symbolic gesture that they are moving on from the old regime.

He was a bad draft pick, but he's not a bad player. And on a reasonable contract and with a good quarterback, he could be a really decent weapon.

Thats what I say I just hope they do not over pay him just to get Jims wopper? If we can get him cheap Iam all in we could use a little more depth at Wr just incase.

It depends what we pay for them. You are right about sacrificing one area when you add to another. But the first list was pretty much all a series of good draft picks ( with the exception of Stokely who could easily be replaced by Gonzo or Stokely)  I don't want to spend a ton of money on this guy either, but if we can get him for relatively cheap then lets go for it. Then we can use our picks on D

Oh, I'm fine with adding Bey for a cheap contract. I'm just saying that I don't think Grigson will ever sacrifice talent elsewhere on the roster just to keep Luck surrounded with top WR talent. 

I just seen him walking through the airport

Was he coming or going.......Southwest or American?  Frontier or Delta.....Crop duster?  :lol:  Did he drop his luggage? (Fumble!)   :spit: Was he limping...after his concussion...was he wearing a helmet?  Did he take the shuttle....was Irsay there to pick him up?  Yellow Cab? Was Stevie Johnson with him?  Stevie Nicks?  haha  OK....I'm done now...got a little excited   :woah:  :yahoo:  :Wooo: OK....took my meds....I feel much better now.... :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

Was he coming or going.......Southwest or American?  Frontier or Delta.....Crop duster?  :lol:  Did he drop his luggage? (Fumble!)   :spit: Was he limping...after his concussion...was he wearing a helmet?  Did he take the shuttle....was Irsay there to pick him up?  Yellow Cab? Was Stevie Johnson with him?  Stevie Nicks?  haha  OK....I'm done now...got a little excited   :woah:  :yahoo:  :Wooo: OK....took my meds....I feel much better now.... :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

old-airplane-106.jpg

This was him flying in.

Wayne...is still Wayne.....Marvin was a one and only....Clark made himself a great TE with the help of 18....and was the 24th pick in his draft...Fleener was 34 and Allen was unbelievably 64....there are actually similarities.

I personally cannot believe we got a quality back in the 5th....I will take a dive from 10 yards out from my 5th rounder every day....well maybe not...don't want him hurt :)

As for Stokely:  always solid routes, but I will take TY over him myself....the sky is the limit.  And let us not forget that Edge and Addai both were booed vociferously when drafted.....just goes to show you us fans aka fanatics never change :)   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

Sorry but Wayne isn`t still Wayne and Clark only had 3 good seasons, couldn`t block his shadow and was 50% Manning. (see Tamme)

More depth and experience.  Couldn't hurt.  

I wasn't much of a fan of Avery, so I don't see how you could possibly be a worse team from the switch. 

Eventually, I would like to see them round out the offense with a Collie-type.  Luck looked comfortable with Collie on the field.  Perhaps it's Whalen. 

Sorry but Wayne isn`t still Wayne and Clark only had 3 good seasons, couldn`t block his shadow and was 50% Manning. (see Tamme)

i just called him...he is still Wayne....1-800-887-8787................ :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:   Insert RE-GGIE!  RE_GGIE!

Smooth routes....clutch catches....Smooth as Tennessee whiskey.....just a little older brother!!  :)  He will be Wayne until he is in the Ring of Honor!!!   :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

i love our TEs.  I liked number 44....Clark actually blocked well until that hand injury....that was the end of Clark as we knew him...I love the upside of Fleener and Allen more than I ever did Clark.....but Manning to Clark was beautiful!   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

I have a serious question, and don't take it as an attack. Do you like ANYONE on the Colts? It seems like every player has an issue or some reason for you to not like them.

Whoever thinks that you cannot teach having good hands is wrong.  Yea it may be late in his career to have to get better hands but having good hands has a lot to do with confidence.  Obviously his confidence in his QB and team/org as a whole was not to high.  I guarantee he only helps our team get better.  Yea he may have some drops but he will add major playmaking ability and a big target for Luck to throw to.  No, he prolly wont be a number 1 reciever but he is a quality number 2.  I really hope we sign him.

Colts=SB 

i just called him...he is still Wayne....1-800-887-8787................ :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:   Insert RE-GGIE!  RE_GGIE!

Smooth routes....clutch catches....Smooth as Tennessee whiskey.....just a little older brother!!   :)  He will be Wayne until he is in the Ring of Honor!!!   :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:

haha I agree. Reggie really surprised me last yr.. I think he was rejuvenated with the new coaching staff.

I have a serious question, and don't take it as an attack. Do you like ANYONE on the Colts? It seems like every player has an issue or some reason for you to not like them.

I am laughing so hard right now...BBs liked my post sooooooooooooo much he had to quote it twice  :spit:

Hey BBs...a simple like would have sufficed :)   :lol:  :lol:  lmao

Yah alot of his catches last year were down right sick.How he continues to snatch that ball at his age is incredible.

Before last season, I had my doubts about Reggie. He had looked like he was slowing down and wasn't going after passes the way he used to. Then the season started and the old Reggie was back. Making every catch thrown to him practically.

Yah alot of his catches last year were down right sick.How he continues to snatch that ball at his age is incredible.

He has an amazing knack .....to stay so 'professionally focused' when a huge catch needs to be made.....the 1st down marker has to be reached.  What Reggie has lost in speed/age over the years he has retained and grown as a true professional...he is amazing!!!! :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

Wayne just had arguably the best season of his career.

Not sure if it was his best season overall, but the Packers game was the best game I've ever seen him play, and he was probably the MVP of the team.  Had he signed elsewhere, 3-13 wouldn't have surprised me.  Let's put it this way:  I can't picture how this team would have won games last season without him, especially early on. 

If we get him I imagine it would be for cheap so I'm not opposed to the gamble. In OAK he was probably under a lot of pressure because of his draft position, so if he does sign here, hopefully the change of scenery might let him just play ball.

I don't even think it was that... I think it was just an Oakland and QB issue.

If we get him I imagine it would be for cheap so I'm not opposed to the gamble. In OAK he was probably under a lot of pressure because of his draft position, so if he does sign here, hopefully the change of scenery might let him just play ball.

Do you think Pag's demeanor will make HB feel at home?  I am optimistic that any player that comes here HAS to feel the family atmosphere.

I have been on teams where guys hated each other...and those who were almost like the Marines...do anything for each other.  Family atmosphere works...that is why I love this organization.  Good points too Tony!! :thmup: