John Dee

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

T.Y. Hilton led the League in % of dropped passes. 16+ %

tied with Avery

Maybe it was because their QB threw 66% of their passes behind them.

Is that a real statistic about Luck, or one of those "89% of all statistics are made up on the spot" statistic?

All the dough is spent...

If Indy is bringing in a FA it will be on the cheap and it will be someone looking to rehab their career.

DHB is a prime example. IF he gets off for a couple years and Wayne is fading? $$$$$$$$$$$

Said player simply has to put in the work. The payoff is there.

DHB was cut because he had a crazy high salary. Remember he was one of those last rookie contracts before the new collective bargaining...getting paid 5 million a year and was set to make 7 mill this year....come on...he was starting to grow in that system...but NO WAY was he worth that. I mean that is Greg Jennings money almost. They had to cut him for salary cap reasons. He can be a 900-1000yd/7-8td guy...he just wasn't developed nor in the right system. He has the tools...he was extremely over drafted and over paid. If he was to get half that...it would be reasonable.

It's just not worth it. If the Raiders cut him, that's saying something. If the WR happy Patriots haven't went for him, that's saying something. The guy is terrible. Speed means nothing if you can't catch the ball as a WR. If we sign him, it's gonna be a looooonnnnnnggggg season on the forum. You know how you guys get when someone messes up.

Look at the "Cut Vinateri" & other players being cut threads that kept popping up all last season. It's just not worth the hostile environment on the forum when we could easily take a better WR in the draft. That's just my opinion on this matter

I guess if you actually understood what the metric was then you would have a point.

You are a big ^$#@*&^  funny guy. Sad!

Hope this is easy enough for you.

The first stat up is a simple one, and that’s our Drop Rate for wide receivers.

Why is it so simple? Well, all you do with a drop rate is add up the amount of catches and drops a guy had which creates a catchable balls figure. You then divide the number of drops by catchable balls, multiply by 100, and you have yourself a drop rate.

Easy. :applause: 

Well the biggest knock on his is his hands. Put him in a #85 Colts jersey and he'll be no worse off than Garcon.

It's true, but he also has had a merry go round of QBs throwing to him so its hard to build a solid connection.

Not saying he will be great wherever he goes next, but I maintain he has potential to spread any field, and take the top off a defense.

It's just not worth it. If the Raiders cut him, that's saying something. If the WR happy Patriots haven't went for him, that's saying something. The guy is terrible. Speed means nothing if you can't catch the ball as a WR. If we sign him, it's gonna be a looooonnnnnnggggg season on the forum. You know how you guys get when someone messes up.

Look at the "Cut Vinateri" & other players being cut threads that kept popping up all last season. It's just not worth the hostile environment on the forum when we could easily take a better WR in the draft. That's just my opinion on this matter

He was cut due to salary. He was still under the crazy rookie contracts and the Raiders are VERY tight against their cap. If they didn't have cap issues he would of been a Raider in 2013.

You are a big ^$#@*&^ funny guy. Sad!

Why is it so simple? Well, all you do with a drop rate is add up the amount of catches and drops a guy had which creates a catchable balls figure. You then divide the number of drops by catchable balls, multiply by 100, and you have yourself a drop rate.

i think he was referring to your arbitrary percentage of passes that were thrown behind them

LOL There's no need to be upset.

I was talking about what your comment about "maybe it has something to do with...yadada.....some arbitrary number" post.

The rate is catchable balls not passes that go behind them or over their heads.

Not being snotty...  but do you have a site with all this target info?    It is hard to find.

Is that a real statistic about Luck, or one of those "89% of all statistics are made up on the spot" statistic?

No that was an eyetest #.

It was amazing how consistently he threw at the back shoulder rather than to the middle or in front of our receivers for a much easier catch.

It's true, but he also has had a merry go round of QBs throwing to him so its hard to build a solid connection.

Not saying he will be great wherever he goes next, but I maintain he has potential to spread any field, and take the top off a defense.

what does the quarterback have to do with dropping balls that hit you in the hands? I have always been told if you can get a hand on the ball, Catch it!

He was cut due to salary. He was still under the crazy rookie contracts and the Raiders are VERY tight against their cap. If they didn't have cap issues he would of been a Raider in 2013.

They have had every opportunity to reach out to him in the last week and re-sign him, as have other teams around the league. Yet only one team has reportedly had any interest at all and that was the Jets. Ironically enough, the same place I read that, also said the Colts had no interest at all in him.

what does the quarterback have to do with dropping balls that hit you in the hands? I have always been told if you can get a hand on the ball, Catch it!

Well all QBs throw the ball a difference way, and with different velocity. Also affects anticipating the pass and if there isn't a strong similarity your not as prepared to make catches.

Not saying that is his exact case. But if you gave him to an Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, I feel he could flourish with a nice QB and chemistry.

Ya, I've seen those ..  I am trying to find TOTAL TEAM STATS.       Primarily addressing WR stats.   

INDY's  skill position players were NOT efficient last season.    And I would love to see TE and RB numbers...     but I cannot find any.  

No that was an eyetest #.

It was amazing how consistently he threw at the back shoulder rather than to the middle or in front of our receivers for a much easier catch.

But that was a made up number though lol.

Just was curious if that was real because it would be an impressive statistic to know.

You ever heard the saying ... "Gold does not just drop off of trees?"   

Nothing is ever easy.   Or given to you.

I get that. But you dont let Avery go and pickup Darius Heyward Bey. Its a lateral move at best from what we've seen of the guy so far.

That is debatable...     IMO, I think it is an upgrade.... 

We shall see...

Fair enough.

Def. agree its not a guarantee he'll be horrible but Im just not buying him as an upgrade. We shall see indeed.

They both are speed wide outs that can't catch the ball, that people say all they need is change of scenery 

Heyward Bey is 1" taller, 30lbs heavier way, way faster, (johnson isn't even fast) runs sloppy routes and has below average hands. They have nothing in common. From 2002-2007 Johnson was arguably (I wouldn't argue it) the best receiver in the league.

Heyward Bey is 1" taller, 30lbs heavier way, way faster, (johnson isn't even fast) runs sloppy routes and has below average hands. They have nothing in common. From 2002-2007 Johnson was arguably (I wouldn't argue it) the best receiver in the league.

I give you that, but was making a point where the guy who said he would become productive if he played with Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers

Whoever it is, I like the idea of adding a vet WR. Grigson has done a nice job of setting the team up to take BPA in the draft, & this would be another step in that direction.

i hope you don't like the idea, because we aren't adding a vet wideout, we are gonna draft one, get over it guys, it is over

How did Chad Johnson fair with Brady? Bey is mirror image of him, without all the drama...

Chad was past his prime by the time he got to NE. And was also put in a system that didn't allow him to has success because he was never going to be Tom's favorite target.

However, your taking my statement too literally. I'm just saying had he been with a nice QB for his entire career, maybe he wouldn't have the reputation he has. Not that he will be a superstar if he suddenly went to NE. There is a lot that goes into being a centerpiece receiver for any team.

Ultimately it's on the players to be great, but that doesn't mean situation has no effect, and Oakland is a pretty rough situation.