Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals' Special Delivery

patsallday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822750c8/article/feds-home-of-bengals-simpson-a-pot-distribution-center?module=HP11_headline_stack

doesn't jerome have a lady friend he could have sent the package to, not his own residence?

you would think with all the criminal knowledge that has passed through that organization he would have learned a thing or two lol

Ok. I guess I'm being dense here but I don't get this at all. :???:

I've read a couple of articles about this and saw it being discussed on NFL channel. What am I missing?

Quotes from article:

Police said a package containing 2 1/2 pounds of marijuana was delivered from Eureka, Calif., to the suburban Kentucky home of Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Tuesday, where authorities say they conducted a search and found six more pounds of marijuana inside.

They had it all set up to receive supplies of high-grade marijuana from Northern California, and from there, it was being distributed from that residence," LaNier told California Watch.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said he had heard rumors of the bust but had no further comment.

"There’s nothing of substance in the development of rumors that we’re aware of," he said. "There’s nothing to hang a hat on at this point."

If they found six lbs of pot why is this noting but an unsutantiated rumor, and why was he not prosecuted?

They were talking about this on JMV yesterday afternoon the guy who JMV had on said one of the major contributing factors to why the Bengals always have people in trouble is because of how cheap their owner is. His scouting department is so bare bones that they can not even do basic background checks like other teams do. So they may know this guy is good at football, but they do not know if the guy is in * in his life outside of football.

It explains a lot when you really cannot look into a players personal life and see who he is. It is one thing to have a knuckle head or have someone do something stupid because you are going to have 50+ guys on a team. One is bound to do something stupid, but when you repeatedly have guys in trouble there is definitely a problem.

EDIT: It blocks out id10t? Really? That is a bit much.

Cool, another person thrown in a cage and stripped of his freedom over a silly plant.

These bureaucrats need to be strung up from the tallest tree and burned while they strangle at the business end of the rope. Sick freaks that will do anything to keep their perverted bureaus alive. "National Marijuana Initiative"...lol right..

Cool, another person thrown in a cage and stripped of his freedom over a silly plant.

These bureaucrats need to be strung up from the tallest tree and burned while they strangle at the business end of the rope. Sick freaks that will do anything to keep their perverted bureaus alive. "National Marijuana Initiative"...lol right..

if i get caught with six pounds of marijuana, i may not agree with the laws. but i am still an id10t

if i get caught with six pounds of marijuana, i may not agree with the laws. but i am still an id10t

Nope, no reason to have that much unless you distribute. Regardless of ones opinions, until the laws change, one cannot excuse such foolish endeavors. Especially being run out of a home owned by a guy that makes way more than anyone needs to simply get by.

I will say, however, that if the penalty for speeding was to have your foot chopped off, than we would likely rise up and put a stop to such egregious penalties. As it is with weed, the penalties outweigh the crime. Despite the federal governments claims, nothing brings their wrath more than people making money without them getting a cut.

It was estimated that in 2009, just from the revenue generated from illicit sales of marijuana, if legal, the government of California alone could have gathered upward of 1 billion dollars in taxes.

For a state that is broke to the point where they cannot fund their schools ($42 billion deficit), yet they can dump $150 million annually into combating the existence of a harmless plant, what are we thinking as a nation? Where do our priorities lay?