Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is outlandish but... what if it is Greg Jennings?

I know he just signed with the Vikings but here me out. 

Vikings get our 1st round pick at #24 and now have command over THREE 1st round draft choices. They would have three picks back to back to back with 23, 24, and 25!!! That right there sounds like an overhauled WR corps for the Vikings and possibly a trade down for more picks...

The part where Irsay says they have been working on this deal for 5 days could simply mean they were secretly courting Jennings and he signed with the highest bidder... Colts see his new contracts as "workable" and trade to get him instead of signing him when they had the chance...

Ok that last part sounds horrible... the draft picks seems like sound logic though.

I'm gonna go take a nap. When I wake up......

Victor Cruz

Brandon Marshall

Larry Fitzgerald (doubt)

Calvin Johnson

Baldwin

Golden Tate

One of these WR's better be going into the 2013 season with a Horseshoe on their head

no way the bears trade Marshall

Yeah maybe throw in our 4th if we can sweet talk them, if not our 3rd. Angerer looked out of place in our hybrid 3-4. So it wouldn't be much of a loss unless he gets his act together this year. 

Cruz is a RFA - he isn't under contract to anyone, so the Giants can't negotiate any trade for him.  But because Cruz has three years in, not four, he is a RFA, not an UFA, and therefore the first round tender value.  The Giants could resign Cruz, then trade him.  Or a team can offer Cruz a contract, leaving the Giants five days to match the offer, or get a first round pick back from the team if they do not match it.  This isn't about negotiating a deal with the Giants.

I know this is outlandish but... what if it is Greg Jennings?

I know he just signed with the Vikings but here me out. 

Vikings get our 1st round pick at #24 and now have command over THREE 1st round draft choices. They would have three picks back to back to back with 23, 24, and 25!!! That right there sounds like an overhauled WR corps for the Vikings and possibly a trade down for more picks...

The part where Irsay says they have been working on this deal for 5 days could simply mean they were secretly courting Jennings and he signed with the highest bidder... Colts see his new contracts as "workable" and trade to get him instead of signing him when they had the chance...

Ok that last part sounds horrible... the draft picks seems like sound logic though.

haha amagone 3 straight 1st rounders

Yeah, so i think i have this figured out... check me for inaccuracies....

1. No free agent signing takes 5 days to sort out... this MUST be a trade.

2. "We need a turnover"

this has got to be a a huge signing.

3. "pour a strong drink... do ur voodoo"

bourbon street has the strongest drinks... voodoo is a pretty obvious call to New Orleans

4. "he has the ringer"

whomever it is has a superbowl ring

5. "lotta ins and outs"

its not a fast guy who runs fly routes all day.... this is an over the middle, slants type guy. (perfect for Pep's WCO)

6. "looking for a walter... this is a league game, smokey"

Big Labowski reference.... character in the movie was Walter Sobchak played by John Goodman... A New Orleans Native

7. Not sure about the whites and undies

If i had to guess... Marques Colston...

only wrench is that he just signed a new deal in March 2012 and gave him a butt-load of money guaranteed. Then again, it could involve 3 teams to absorb the cap hits.

Just a guess guys... but @JimIrsay is a crafty one. (or maybe he was just tweeting while drinking...)

2. "We need a turnover"

bourbon street has the strongest drinks... voodoo is a pretty obvious call to New Orleans

4. "he has the ringer"

5. "lotta ins and outs"

its not a fast guy who runs fly routes all day.... this is an over the middle, slants type guy. 

Big Labowski reference.... character in the movie was Walter Sobchak played by John Goodman... A New Orleans Native

only wrench is that he just signed a new deal in March 2012 and gave him a butt-load of money guaranteed. Then again, it could involve 3 teams to absorb the cap hits.

Just a guess guys... but @JimIrsay is a crafty one. (or maybe he was just tweeting while drinking...)

Not a correction, but five days is the time a team has to match an offer for a RFA, so to me this doesn't at all have to be a trade, it could be an offer to a RFA. 

2. "We need a turnover"

4. "he has the ringer"

5. "lotta ins and outs"

its not a fast guy who runs fly routes all day.... this is an over the middle, slants type guy. (perfect for Pep's WCO)

I like the math. Best Deciphering i've seen yet haha

This is the last time I repeat I DON'T WANT CRUZ. Cruz strictly plays slot and we already have T.Y. for slot. With that first round pick id choose Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins, with a pair of Wayne/Allen(hopkins)/T.y. rather than a misfit at 2nd WO. 

That's not true at all. He plays slot around 65% of the time, but he has no problem playing on the outside.

This is the last time I repeat I DON'T WANT CRUZ. Cruz strictly plays slot and we already have T.Y. for slot. With that first round pick id choose Keenan Allen or DeAndre Hopkins, with a pair of Wayne/Allen(hopkins)/T.y. rather than a misfit at 2nd WO. 

Why would you think Hilton is built for the slot? He's small and fast. He's more of a outside reciever. I don't disagree with your picks though.

2. "We need a turnover"

4. "he has the ringer"

5. "lotta ins and outs"

The whole tweet is a lebowski quote...dude...trust me...check my avatar...oh here's one for you specifically "your a bunch of * amateurs" lol great movie

If it's a big-name receiver, and it's not Cruz or Fitzgerald, it could be Colston but I wouldn't discount Darrius Heyward-Bey, who has been mentioned a couple of times. He was released on March 12, five days ago, he's big, fast and is only 26 or 27. He has the potential, with a great quarterback, to be a solid number 1 WR.

2. "We need a turnover"

4. "he has the ringer"

5. "lotta ins and outs"

And adding a malcontent doesn't seem to be our M.O.

Dallas is cap strapped.

They are looking for cap relief.

They wan to extend Romo's contract, which will free up some space, but trading Dez would free up some more.

Those 2 moves, would probably get them around 10-12 million to spend. (don't forget, they also need money for their draft selections)