Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darrius heyward-bey

I agree! we could also try to go for Ramses Barden or Danario Alexander since with his RFA tender we would not lose any draft picks. Apart from them no one else really is worth it so we should definitely aim for a receiver in the first or 3rd round. I personally would not mind Keenan Allen if he felt to us but that would be hard since the Vikings might choose before us..If not in the later rounds we could aim for Hunter, Hopkins, Woods, Williams, or Rogers since one could possibly fall to us and Andrew Luck would definitely help develop whoever we take into a star. P.S. Lets hope that the Vikings sign Greg Jennings so that their WR need is not as urgent and we could get K. Allen who would definitely be worth it.

No doubt he didn't work out as a first round pick, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has no value. If we could get him on the cheap I wouldn't be against it. I have no idea if signing him would work with our cap space though, may just be easier to go WR in the draft or work with what we have

I agree! we could also try to go for Ramses Barden or Danario Alexander since with his RFA tender we would not lose any draft picks. Apart from them no one else really is worth it so we should definitely aim for a receiver in the first or 3rd round. I personally would not mind Keenan Allen if he felt to us but that would be hard since the Vikings might choose before us..If not in the later rounds we could aim for Hunter, Hopkins, Woods, Williams, or Rogers since one could possibly fall to us and Andrew Luck would definitely help develop whoever we take into a star. P.S. Lets hope that the Vikings sign Greg Jennings so that their WR need is not as urgent and we could get K. Allen who would definitely be worth it.

While your fear is warranted about Allen falling to us I've only seen one mock draft that has Allen being taken before us and it was by the vikings.  However sketchy mock drafts are most of them only have i think two receivers going before our pick and thats Tavon Austin and Patterson.  I don't want Austin (carbin copy of Hilton)  i would love patterson though.. I think Reggie could develop him very nicely.

While your fear is warranted about Allen falling to us I've only seen one mock draft that has Allen being taken before us and it was by the vikings.  However sketchy mock drafts are most of them only have i think two receivers going before our pick and thats Tavon Austin and Patterson.  I don't want Austin (carbin copy of Hilton)  i would love patterson though.. I think Reggie could develop him very nicely.

Exactly! I think I've only seen one where they take him at 23 overall but hopefully it doesn't happen. I agree about Austin being the copy of TY so there's no need for him but i definitely could see Patterson in a colts uniform..My top 3 choices would be Patterson, K.Allen, and Quinton Patton(but not in the first) as they all have the potential to become primary receivers once Reggie retires.

I am starting to think DHB might be a solid move.    He is drawing almost NO buzz.    This kid has ability.   

I would not be disappointed at all if DHB were signed.    Oakland is a graveyard for talent right now.     Perhaps a change of scenery would do him wonders?   And then again maybe not.

And I think he would come cheap.    

Well he was getting a "very nice" chunk of change from Oakland ...    that is why he was released..   They are strapped.

You don't think he is worth a look in TC?  

Mr Hands of Stone?

Even the Raiders didn't think he was worth the money.

No Thanks.

And as far as "hands of stone" this whole team had drop issues.    That NEEDS to improve.   

Indy had 36 last season..  

Wayne  8

Avery    7

Hilton     5

Fleener   Allen     ...   too dang many.....

So ....       ?????    

Can someone tell me what DHB would bring to the Colts that isn't already provided by the guys already here?

He's not markedly faster, not a better route runner, doesn't have better hands, not a harder worker, doesn't have a history of being more productive... etc.

IMO, if/when the Colts add another WR, he ought to either add diversity or be an upgrade. DHB accomplishes neither.

Can someone tell me what DHB would bring to the Colts that isn't already provided by the guys already here?

He's not markedly faster, not a better route runner, doesn't have better hands, not a harder worker, doesn't have a history of being more productive... etc.

IMO, if/when the Colts add another WR, he ought to either add diversity or be an upgrade. DHB accomplishes neither.

Depth

I'm not a big DHB fan, but I definitely think getting out of Oakland and coming to a contender with a great quarterback could change your ethic and productivity. Look what it did for Moss.

DHB isn't and has never been anything like Moss.

Sure.

But do the words "can't play anywhere near as well, even when I want" come to mind too?

You've completely turned this around from my original point. I'm not saying sign him or anything, I'm just stating that a change of scenery can do a lot of good for different players.