Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos in serious contract talks with Wes Welker. Decision expected soon.

Attention Bill Polian, this is how you build around Peyton Manning!

Ummm... Dallas Clark, Edge James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokely, Tarik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Bob Sanders? I'd say we built around Manning plenty.

Ummm... Dallas Clark, Edge James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokely, Tarik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Bob Sanders? I'd say we built around Manning plenty.

Should have clarified: How you build around an aging Manning for one last title run. No Blair Whites and Jeff Linkenbachs.

Yea, because Wes Welker determines who wins the game.

exactly, anything can happen between now and the time the colts play them. Manning could have a season ending injury, von miller could be out for a couple games, broncos could lose a few players due to injury OR better yet, the colts could be the team to beat in the AFC come 2013 season and shock the NFL world like they did this past season when they went 11-5 with a rookie QB, a patch made offensive line, and a defense playing in a new scheme they never played in while in the NFL and had one of the worst defenses in the NFL. people are quick to write off other teams just because of one signing. that is like saying the dolphins are going to the AFC Championship because they signed Wallace lol. 

sorry didnt see this & posted same plus this article in NFL general, apologies

BOSTON  SPORTS SITE

New England Patriots, Denver Broncos Final Two For Wes Welker?

it sounds like it has come down to the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos, and that is according to Bill Simmons of ESPN and Grantland. The Boston-based writer did break the Randy Moss trade, and Simmons is a reliable source for big information regarding the Patriots, in my opinion. It make sense for the Broncos and Patriots- two contenders with elite quarterbacks whose schemes fit Welker- to be the final two teams for Welker.

All the stuff about Welker getting low-balled by the Pats seems to be agent-driven, but it is true that the Pats and Welker broke off extensions yesterday and were, per the Boston Herald, “miles apart”. If the Broncos do land Welker, then they will be stacked as an offense with Demaryius ThomasEric Decker, Welker, and Jacob Tamme as the weapons surrounding Manning.

The thought of it  ((  article author not me )))  makes me sick to my stomach.

I think the Patriots have a better chance at signing Welker than the Broncos do, and it would be a slap in the face if Welker really did sign with the Broncos. I actually hope Simmons is wrong here about it coming down to the Broncos and Patriots, but that’s only if the Patriots are still in it. It’s good to hear that the Pats still have a good chance at re-signing Welker, but all this drama surrounding him continues to make me fear the worst.

http://musketfire.com/2013/03/13/new-england-patriots-denver-broncos-final-two-for-wes-welker/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Hot%2BTopics

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now