Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another WR thread

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, check your factsWow, check your facts please.

2008-2010 he played all 16 games each season. His lowest was 7 this past season due to injury, and 13 before that. 2006 he played 14, and 2007 he played 13. He's missed less games in a longer season than Collie did his whole career with the Colts, yet people were wanting us to keep Collie.

I don't understand a lot of the thought process on here sometimes.

You are correct sir, I am dumb, I shall check facts prior to making myself out to be a mor0n. and I thank you

That's fine Tyler....my only question was who is George Bremer and who in the Colts front office is he sourcing as the "official"?

If Mike Chapell or Bob Kravitz had tweeted that I wouldn't have asked....but I haven't read the Herald Bulletin of Anderson Indiana that Bremer writes for lately, so I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/311236379176747008

there you go, a better source, at least linking the colts to jennings...any more questions

past years sure, but this year reggie made some aggressive catches. the packer game obviously comes to mind.

Yep, I've admitted that he was extremely aggresive in rhat game, but it's not the type of play style he's usually playing. He''s more crafty and relies on precise route running and timing.

Wayne isn't fast or aggressive.

Oh, for goodness sakes.

According to you, he's not fast or aggressive.     Then how in the world did he catch more than 100 passes in a season??

Maybe he's just a little better than you think he is...............?

Come on now.....

Oh, for goodness sakes.

According to you, he's not fast or aggressive.     Then how in the world did he catch more than 100 passes in a season??

Come on now.....

nothing against Reggie but Luck did target him like 150 times lol, he's bound to catch some of them

Oh, for goodness sakes.

According to you, he's not fast or aggressive. Then how in the world did he catch more than 100 passes in a season??

Come on now.....

He's not fast compared to guys like Jennings or Hilton and he's not aggressive in the sense of going up and fighting for the ball. Which I'm not wrong about.

I didn't say he wasn't good, as a matter of fact I think he's a top 15 receiver all time.

Oh, for goodness sakes.

Come on now.....

I think what he is trying to say, is that hes not as fast as Jennings. Hes lost a step. and you dont really see Wayne going to GET the ball like other receivers. But ya he still has speed and can get the ball, but thats not his game.

No worries i was thinking the same thing, but Bremer wrights for the Paper in Anderson, which is also where the colts hold there Camp. So hes informed pretty well

That's cool...I live in the California desert (water! water!!)...I've only ever read the Indy Star guys.

Tomorrow we can all stop guessing. :)

That's cool...I live in the California desert (water! water!!)...I've only ever read the Indy Star guys.

Tomorrow we can all stop guessing. :)

I know, the colts are one the teams that are keeping a closed lid on most of who they are talking to. Good for them but i want to know!!

Yep, I've admitted that he was extremely aggresive in rhat game, but it's not the type of play style he's usually playing. He''s more crafty and relies on precise route running and timing.

i was on the bowe wagon because he would add a new dimension to our offense. not saying jennings wouldnt boost our offense, lets take care of the other things first.

He's not fast compared to guys like Jennings or Hilton and he's not aggressive in the sense of going up and fighting for the ball. Which I'm not wrong about.

I didn't say he wasn't good, as a matter of fact I think he's a top 15 receiver all time.

If you think he's not aggressive,  then I think we have totally different definitions of aggressive.

Reggie Wayne couldn't have the season he had last year without being aggressive.

I think what he is trying to say, is that hes not as fast as Jennings. Hes lost a step. and you dont really see Wayne going to GET the ball like other receivers. But ya he still has speed and can get the ball, but thats not his game.

I think anyone who doesn't see Reggie Wayne going to get the ball like other receivers either isn't looking at the game or doesn't know football.

Sorry,   but we disagree.    Seriously disagree.

This one got a little chippy I see....makes it fun once in awhile.   :yahoo:  I love it!!!

I just do not see us getting Greg Jennings....carries a big price tag.  I could care less personally if the man is 29, however the man can play football....very very well, and is a good citizen!!!

I think the more rumors pop up about big targets....the more Grigson is set to get signatures from the likes of Louis Vasquez  :thmup: Gotta get number 12 some help.

Grigs...stick to your guns and draft wisely and spend wisely.  Players should now want to play here again with the feisty Pagano and good decision making up top....stick to the plan in building the monster.  Do NOT over-spend!!!   :pass:  :pass:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :colts:  :colts: !!!!!!

Well apparently everybody on this forum thinks a player that hasn't started every game in his career is injury prone.

Not everybody!  :)

Situational football calls for personnel changes.....kind of like injuries :)

OK so who here is saying my man Reggie is not aggressive ?  Sometimes smooth route running makes a receiver look more lackadaisical.  Reggie is quietly aggressive....and that is all the old linebacker is gonna say...:  

I used to watch George Iceman Gervin go up and down the floor smooth as a baby's butt...I remember one of my buddies saying that guy aint doing 'nuthin.'  The ice man put a cool hard 56 on the Pacers.... 

Not everybody! :)

Situational football calls for personnel changes.....kind of like injuries :)

OK so who here is saying my man Reggie is not aggressive ? Sometimes smooth route running makes a receiver look more lackadaisical. Reggie is quietly aggressive....and that is all the old linebacker is gonna say...:

I used to watch George Iceman Gervin go up and down the floor smooth as a baby's butt...I remember one of my buddies saying that guy aint doing 'nuthin.' The ice man put a cool hard 56 on the Pacers....

Don't get me wrong, Reggie is definitely physical with defensive backas, but he's just not the guy to go up and fight for the ball. He's just nott that kind of receiver. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not his style.

There is NOTHING coming out of Colts camp....smart move...but as you say..."Inquiring minds NEED to know."   :funny:

Exactly. If their is nothing coming from the colts camp where is all this gossip coming from? Agents wouldn't float this out there for $$ reasons would they? Surely not....

There is NOTHING coming out of Colts camp....smart move...but as you say..."Inquiring minds NEED to know."   :funny:

Right, killing me hearin about the trades and rumors of other teams. I just want a little bit of excitment :D, whether i think its good or bad. as for Jennings, i wouldnt be opposed to getting him, but I think there are more needs out there. And i posted Another WR thread to blow the forum up :D

I think anyone who doesn't see Reggie Wayne going to get the ball like other receivers either isn't looking at the game or doesn't know football.

Sorry,   but we disagree.    Seriously disagree.

I know receivers and i know football, and no hes doesnt GO GET the ball like others. Hes not going to out jump someone for it. He doesnt plow through someone to get something. He does it with Precise route running, good sure hands. and vet experience. Since when have you seen wayne fight for the ball...as say Boldin ?

I know receivers and i know football, and no hes doesnt GO GET the ball like others. Hes not going to out jump someone for it. He doesnt plow through someone to get something. He does it with Precise route running, good sure hands. and vet experience. Since when have you seen wayne fight for the ball...as say Boldin ?

Sorry,  I'm not interested in proving you wrong, and me right.

In the end we're just going to agree to disagree.    So,  that's the road I'm going to take......

You are comparing Jennings ability to "GO GET the ball" to Boldin's ... Really???

BTW ... Reggie may have lost a step, but so has Jennings.

Right, killing me hearin about the trades and rumors of other teams. I just want a little bit of excitment :D, whether i think its good or bad. as for Jennings, i wouldnt be opposed to getting him, but I think there are more needs out there. And i posted Another WR thread to blow the forum up :D

I like the banter.  I do not like the WR threads that are about a 6 6 nobody who we decide is the second coming of Megatron...who played in the arena league.  I fall for it sometimes too...

Bottom line is as mentioned here...Reggie needs replaced soon....he just cannot keep it up....listen to an old man who knows :)   :bossy:  :lecture: A bossy old man at that :)

Exactly. If their is nothing coming from the colts camp where is all this gossip coming from? Agents wouldn't float this out there for $$ reasons would they? Surely not....

With players having the same agent, I wonder if some things slip to the players...kind of like Smith and KC...tweeting with Vontae Davis.  Agents should not leak due to lawyer privilege and confidentiality...but some of these guys like running their mouths!!!  Se TO....jaw jacker of the millennium :spit:   Heck...first pic I came to...mouthin off.... haha  

rosenhaus.jpg

I am not going to get into the argument over how aggressively Reggie goes after a "catch."  Why, because we all know he catches almost everything that touches his hands (especially with orange gloves on :))

One thing that I consider extremely aggressive about Reggie Wayne is that if he is NOT going to be able to catch it, he plays defender as well as anyone.  He will knock it away...he will make the tackle if intercepted....He is not going to jump over everyone and catch it...he just is NOT.

So what is the second best thing?  Keep the other team away from the football.  That is where intelligence...Football IQ come to play!!  Nobody can argue this point!  (Unless if our forum friend Nobody  :spit: )

I am not going to get into the argument over how aggressively Reggie goes after a "catch."  Why, because we all know he catches almost everything that touches his hands (especially with orange gloves on :))

One thing that I consider extremely aggressive about Reggie Wayne is that if he is NOT going to be able to catch it, he plays defender as well as anyone.  He will knock it away...he will make the tackle if intercepted....He is not going to jump over everyone and catch it...he just is NOT.

So what is the second best thing?  Keep the other team away from the football.  That is where intelligence...Football IQ come to play!!  Nobody can argue this point!  (Unless if our forum friend Nobody  :spit: )

Not to mention hes a smart smart player,reason hes stayed healthy in this league,and also look how he has tutored these young players.The deffinition of Reggie is not ME ME ME,ITS TEAM TEAM TEAM!!!!

Not to mention hes a smart smart player,reason hes stayed healthy in this league,and also look how he has tutored these young players.The deffinition of Reggie is not ME ME ME,ITS TEAM TEAM TEAM!!!!

At one point in Reggie's early career, I did not think he was a leader....he since has proven me wrong.  

I led the league in thinking Reggie was on his way out.....boy am I glad he stayed.  Made for a fun year!!!  :)

I am not going to get into the argument over how aggressively Reggie goes after a "catch." Why, because we all know he catches almost everything that touches his hands (especially with orange gloves on :))

One thing that I consider extremely aggressive about Reggie Wayne is that if he is NOT going to be able to catch it, he plays defender as well as anyone. He will knock it away...he will make the tackle if intercepted....He is not going to jump over everyone and catch it...he just is NOT.

So what is the second best thing? Keep the other team away from the football. That is where intelligence...Football IQ come to play!! Nobody can argue this point! (Unless if our forum friend Nobody :spit: )

Agreed

I like the banter.  I do not like the WR threads that are about a 6 6 nobody who we decide is the second coming of Megatron...who played in the arena league.  I fall for it sometimes too...

Bottom line is as mentioned here...Reggie needs replaced soon....he just cannot keep it up....listen to an old man who knows :)   :bossy:  :lecture: A bossy old man at that :)

I think Reggie will retire soon as will Bolden Jennings and alot of players,everyone cant play 15 years in this league the body wont take it,i feel the stable of young recievers we have,who havnt really had the chance to show theyre stuff are being overlooked IMO